User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

any chance of me and eric's team joining the C division?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Depends how badly you play.

How I set up the pools really depends on what level and how many teams show up.

My problem is that two years ago I had a team purposely lose games in their pool to drop down to lower bracket. (The tip off is that they beat a far superior team, then lost badly to my high school kids who never play feather. Hmm let me think about that.)

So that last couple of years I've tried to group the pools that teams are playing others at their same level. The games are closer and there is less chance of teams ending up in the wrong catagory. It also makes it a lot easier now that the high school kids have their own draw.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmmm...i think i know which team you're talking about. LOL!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Big Vinning! how many teams are in A so far?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

uh oh. coach Lam is gonna play. now i'm gonna have to reconsider...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

steve you are a douche haha

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shaddup and get your team together, Mike.

You better beg to get on Ryan's team. He's recruiting Alex!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmmm i was talking to greg about it today too

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh damn legere is recruiting pang. interesting i think i'll play in it, just need to find a team...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Update

Two weeks to go and I have 26 out of 36 teams. The High school draw has 12 already, which excellent ( I've decided that I'll run up to 15 teams in that event as there a couple places I have yet to hear from that have been known to attend)

I'm hoping for a couple more A level teams right now. I didn't realize that ALBERTA juniors were the weekend prior. We'll see how badly they're beat up.

I got myself some severly bad colors to wear -- but Imight pale in comparison to Mike lam who has a shirt that really does hurt the eyes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think its his looks that might hurt the eyes

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default recap

Had 141 players in the end with some very good badminton beng played.

The B final went the distance with Pound for Pound taking it in the final singles to win their $750. The A final was 3-0 with former national players taking the crown. However, their challengers ( sunofabeach included in the group) put up a good fight.

The C final came down a group of junior kids from Calgary against a rural team based out of brooks. The Brooks team showed a lot of heart to come out of the pool play in the middle of the pack to make the final, but in the end couldn't keep up with the kids who took the $500 prize with great enthusiasm.

The high school draw was just as competive with Edison from Okotoks taking it all. They were simply too good and too fit in the end.

I was 2-1 for my grudge matches. I took out a slightly shellshocked Smashmaster in the round robin who I don't thikn was quite ready for how hyped I get for my tourney.

I won all you can eat sushi for Evylgrynn in two hard fought games. Not happy with losing the second game after a I managed to dig myself out of quite a hole, we had at it in another match. After two close first games Evylgrynn managed to run me into the ground in the third with his superior fitness. I now owe he and his wife dinner. I still have the better smash.

The highlight was Evylgryn and I getting 18 amd 16 off Keith Chan and Greg Bury, two guys who played worlds only two years ago. If my back is good after my year off, I think we'll give the masters division all they can handle.

Feel like I could sleep all day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by ViningWolff
    Had 141 players in the end with some very good badminton beng played.

The B final went the distance with Pound for Pound taking it in the final singles to win their $750. The A final was 3-0 with former national players taking the crown. However, their challengers ( sunofabeach included in the group) put up a good fight.

The C final came down a group of junior kids from Calgary against a rural team based out of brooks. The Brooks team showed a lot of heart to come out of the pool play in the middle of the pack to make the final, but in the end couldn't keep up with the kids who took the $500 prize with great enthusiasm.

The high school draw was just as competive with Edison from Okotoks taking it all. They were simply too good and too fit in the end.

I was 2-1 for my grudge matches. I took out a slightly shellshocked Smashmaster in the round robin who I don't thikn was quite ready for how hyped I get for my tourney.

I won all you can eat sushi for Evylgrynn in two hard fought games. Not happy with losing the second game after a I managed to dig myself out of quite a hole, we had at it in another match. After two close first games Evylgrynn managed to run me into the ground in the third with his superior fitness. I now owe he and his wife dinner. I still have the better smash.

The highlight was Evylgryn and I getting 18 amd 16 off Keith Chan and Greg Bury, two guys who played worlds only two years ago. If my back is good after my year off, I think we'll give the masters division all they can handle.

Feel like I could sleep all day.

yep those were some good games. to quote Rocky Balboa..."hey, you move pretty good for an older guy".

I still can't believe I was the one cramping up and the rhino was still thundering around the court in the second match.

the sushi will taste good, but the dinner for 4 will be extra sweet. Rest up the back, and we'll tear it up in masters next year when I qualify.

and yes, Vining still has the boomstick working.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2