Armortec 700

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Virter, Mar 12, 2007.

1. Virter

Virter Regular Member

Engineering
    I wan to buy a new yonex racket. How do u think of armortec 700...? any recommandation...? What string is the best for this racket since im a offensive player...? What is the maximum tension for this racket...?

2. Virter

Virter Regular Member

Engineering
    New racket

I wan to buy a new yonex racket. How do u think of armortec 700...? any recommandation...? What string is the best for this racket since im a offensive player...? What is the maximum tension for this racket...?

3. jump17

jump17 Regular Member

at700 is great for smashing as the head heavy balance gives it an extra kick to your shots. strings and tension varies so for that, just keep trying until you find what suits you best.

4. joeak@dezignler

joeak@dezignler Regular Member

designer
    at700 . hum ... Yonex good choises .. but i still agree with jump17 ... u can find more suits racket for your best weapon hohoh...

5. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

orang sarawak ya?
    which part of s'wak r u from?

6. killersmash

killersmash Regular Member

what is ur style of playing? i know u are offensive but there are many offensive style of play.. how old r u? are u strong for ur age? is ur defence good? i think at 700 is one of the best yonex racket ( since many world class players use it... ). btw dun create 2 threads about this topic

7. JaCk™

JaCk™ Regular Member

mp100 or mp99 should be good but might be cost-consuming.. anyway, both are worth the money..

8. Virter

Virter Regular Member

Engineering
    Im from Kuching...
    wat the main different of mp100 and mp99...?which one is better...?which one is good for all round player...?
    i check out from some other forum, they said armortec 700 is not easy to use it because of the head heavy...
    At first i use my armortec 250, i found that, it is not easy to use it but after few week of trying, it is very good in offensive but control is still quite difficult...

9. Virter

Virter Regular Member

Engineering
    anybody know the price of armortec 700 in singapore...?

10. Dummey

Dummey Regular Member

Student
    Well, better is a relative term. The mp99 is slightly less heavy and stiff as the mp100. They are both even balance and preform extremely well for people accustom to them. The best way to see what you like is to try one of the rakets for yourself.

On a side note: I recomand the SOTX Woven-8 because I don't believe you can go wrong with this racket.

11. aheng

aheng Regular Member

both old/new version for AT700 should be close to S$200 with the new one slightly expensive. (included grip & string)

MY PERSONAL PREFERENCE i would rate this:
    AT700 > NS8000 > MP99 > woven8

12. Virter

Virter Regular Member

Engineering
    S$200 is still almost twice cheaper than here... How bout the price of mp99 and mp100 in singapore...?planing to get one of these three...
    What the maximum tension for armortec700,mp99 and mp100...?3U n 4U...Among these, which one is the easiest to use...?

13. Dummey

Dummey Regular Member

Student
    I would put the MP99 as the easiest to use and with its stiffness, 24 pounds is a good starting point. As for max tension, I would say it depends on your stringer, but avoid goind above 28.

14. passtome

passtome Regular Member

Brother,if u want buy Yonex,be careful,the quality very lousy,first is the frame.i just get my Amt 800,use few time,but crack already,cannot claim.if u just normal player,maybe can try to another,like proace,the quality comfirm better than Yonex.1 Amt 700 can buy few racket in malaysia.1 thing want share with u,if u really is good player,i think any racket for u also is good

15. Virter

Virter Regular Member

Engineering
    Some of friend told me that also...In term of quality, there is maybe one in a hundreds is not properly made. Maybe what you have bought is the only one. Other than that, you said if he or she is a good player, any racket will do, i think you r quite wrong. I have been trying some other racket, all give me very different especially in control and power. Im want to keep trying so i can find a answer.

for mp99, the limit and the recom is not that high. From a local yonex company, that guy told me some of the player string it at 30lbs... so that possible...?

Now im used to 24lbs because my armortec 250 is string at 24lbs. The recom maximum is at 25lbs but the guy said the frame might crack... Im using BG80, but i want to switch to NANOGY 95...

16. passtome

passtome Regular Member

if u dont believe,u can go and check with the shop there,they also dont wan to sale yonex anymore,alot the problem,today buy,tomorrow crack,not cheap.if im not wrong,1 amt 700 in malaysia cost rm600 above.this is not my comment,even the national player in malaysia(my friends),he say,if u really is good player,any racket also can,different of course have a bit.u dont tell me after u use amt 700,same as lin dan,haha.there use yonex cau they have sign contract with them,all is free.maybe u can check more forum here,really a lot people complain the frame easy to crack.
    tell u one thing,now yonex is made in china,ok,after that,will send back to japan,QC in japan,if compare,last time the yonex better than now,can tahan more longer.

17. jas1121

jas1121 Regular Member

Accountant
    Actually, AT700 cost RM700+ . I saw it even being priced at RM900+ at a place, so far i only saw three shops in kuching selling AT700.

Virter ,where are you planning to buy your racket?

18. Virter

Virter Regular Member

Engineering
    Erm...I think i should put passtome word in mind since you guys is so experience, if u don mind, can tell me more disadvantage of buying yonex racket. But so far my racket is still okay, hope nothing will happen to my racket, haha...

I think i will not buy any racket in Kuching anymore, the price is too expensive... the cheaper i can get a mp99 is RM595, i think it is still more expensive than Singapore and Brunei...

Anywhere...How do determine a real yonex racket...?
    What the main different between 3U and 4U...? is it the weight and tension different only...? Which one is better...?

19. aheng

aheng Regular Member

dun worry, so far all my yonex rackets are strung @ 25lbs, and some of my friends strung @ 26, all seem no problem!

according to what i see, some of the yonex model is easier to break when it crash against a non- yonex racket. once my friend using APACs (ns8k copy cat version) stroke with me, his racket's frame just collapse w/o any crash, haha, so non-yonex also have problematic case. its all depend on luck!

3u is heavier than 4u, so i think it should b structural stronger.
    Pro Ace rackets also quite nice to try.

20. jump17

jump17 Regular Member

i string my at700 (4ug5) at 26lbs with bg-80 and i have no problems at all. i dont know about the durability of yonex rackets, but i have 5 and have had several clashes and the most damage i have are just paint chips. maybe the clashes arent as serious as the ones you guys had, but i guess my rackets are durable ^_^!!