User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Normal for Cone to Crack?

Is it normal for the cone to crack where it meets the shaft? I have several rackets with the paint flaking off where to cone meets the shaft, but on my recently purchased Z-Force, the cone seems to be developing cracks (around 1.5mm long) rather than just having the paint flaking off.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The top of the cone is subject to a lot of flexing, so the paint often flakes off there.

Cones will crack after a while, but it shouldn't be happening to a new racket. Sadly, they're not available as parts for replacement - every racket has a different one, after all.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

the only time i've experience cone cracking or loose is on the yonex arc002 because of it's flexible shaft. other rackets i own are stff enough to not flex the cone too much to cause cracking. you my friend, is a strong man to flex the zforce like that

or a woman actually
    Last edited by gundamzaku; 05-06-2013 at 11:44 AM. Reason: to be politically correct!!!

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

As others have said, it's not normal to happen to a new racket. Bring it up with your store and see if you can get a replacement. If it makes a clicking noise, it definitely is a warranty issue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    As others have said, it's not normal to happen to a new racket. Bring it up with your store and see if you can get a replacement. If it makes a clicking noise, it definitely is a warranty issue.
    It makes a clicking noise once in a while, but not very often.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have almost the same problem with my Voltric rackets: paint is flacking off and I can hear some clinging noise sometimes. But no cracks are developped on the cone itself Oo (I do not have problems of clinging noise with Victor and Li Ning rackets... if you hear me Mr Yoneyama)