prize money

Discussion in 'Professional Players' started by victaaah, Mar 13, 2007.

1. victaaah

victaaah New Member

Student
    i was wondering if anyone know how the prize money is divided up. i've seen games where the prize money ranges from a mere $4k for a singles match to $20k. does it depend on the event and the number of people attending those events? also, what happens to the money? is it a split between coach & player? just curious.

2. hock56

hock56 New Member

Electrical Engineer
    can any one given me the information for the prize money for single / double champion at Hong Kong superseries & Li Ling China superseries 2011?

3. HappySachs

HappySachs Regular Member

With regards to the second question about how the money is split between coach/player there was some discussion on this point during the Denmark Open on the Live Stream (available off the tournament website).

The question was posed to a Danish player and his response was that the money from a tourament is always payed directly to the National Federation of the player. How much the player is payed depends on their contract with the National Federation. In the case of the Danish Federation 100% of the winnings are played to the player. In the case of the Chinese it was suspected that the National Federation kept a certain percentage for themselves, the percentage may also vary player to player.

How authoritative that answer is I can't be certian, but I have no reason to doubt it.

4. HappySachs

HappySachs Regular Member

Oh damn, I've just noticed that the question that I replied to is four years old lol.

5. **KZ**

**KZ** Regular Member

Student
    yes I believe the chinese association claims a part of the player's winnings (communists...what do you expect?) while in countries like denmark and malaysia...the players get to keep 100% of their prize money