need help in choosing a racket..

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by ayanpatwick, Mar 13, 2007.

1. ayanpatwick

ayanpatwick Regular Member

hello! intermediate player here! I just need your opinion guys in choosing a racket! I've been canvassing rackets on sports shops and even on the internet on what to choose. So far I have 2 choices, mp29 light series and mp 45 (yonex).. I've read that they are both good types of rackets for all-rounders.. The reason why I want an all-round type of racket is because I want to know what is really my potential if I would go all the way for offense or defense.. But if i were to choose, I would want to be an offense type of player.. So, are my choices of rackets good? Need your answers.
    BTW, I've read on some websites that mp 45's flex are flexible but on some websites, it indicates that they are medium flex.. I just want to know which is true... Do any of you guys know?

2. ayanpatwick

errrmmm... so no one would like to help me? i just wanna know which is better in performance, mp 29 light or mp 45? and also want to clarify the flex of mp45..

3. JonYKN

JonYKN Regular Member

buying an MP29 would be the better bet IMO :) Both racquets are mid stiff, 3U and even balance. I own an MP28 (predecesor of MP29) and it's a great racquet to for every style of play. I have also tried an MP44 and although it feels the same, its slightly more expensive here in Ontario.

4. vagpwner

vagpwner Regular Member

try an mp30 great for smashing

5. Stealthboy

Stealthboy Regular Member

I.T.
    Have a look at the Yonex Armortec 150 too it's a very good racquet and it's a good price. Good for smashing.

#5 Stealthboy, Mar 14, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2007
  6. Glencoclub-Nick

Glencoclub-Nick Regular Member

I had an mp30 and I wouldnt say that it is great for smashing, just a good allround racket. Also the mp30 is quite flexible

7. vagpwner

vagpwner Regular Member

not too bad. It not bad. Much better than mp29 control i must say

8. CrimsonCards

CrimsonCards Regular Member

School
    Try an Armortec 300, nice racket, good for smashing and its not that bad of a price, plus its a good racekt you could grow into and really develop into the kind of player you want to become. Also, its a fairly versatile racket, atleast from what i thought of it when i was playing with it, it was nice for defence and also gave great sound.

9. sifuyono

sifuyono Regular Member

Follow me on Twitter: @sifuyono
    why don't u try mp-33?:)
    it's a good racket in almost all aspect than mp-45, satisfied between price and performance:)

10. ayanpatwick

tnx guys for replying on my thread! :D

well, now I'm more confused on which racket to choose especially after mentioning new brands to recommend...

about mp 33, i've read in the review section, that it is difficult to adjust once you have it.. and also that it is like mp 27 which I have tested already.. mp 27 has a good power but not good when it comes to net play.. so my perception on mp 33 is just like that..

@crimsoncards

is armortec 300 really that nice? Well, I've read that it is for offense type players, and still you said that it is still a fairly versatile racket and good for defense.. Just like what I want.. However, the price of armortec in our area is around 6000 php... :crying: can't afford... but is it really a good for investing??
    So like what is the difference between AT150 and At300?