Flaw with the muscle power frame?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Jason, Nov 24, 2001.

1. Jason

Jason Guest

To all mp55 or mp77 users,

I gave a mp77 to my stringer to get it restrung. When I went to pick it up, my stringer told me that one of the tiny tubes that protects the racket frame from the string is damaged. Usually the stringer can just replace it with a new one. But because it was one of the tubes at the bottom of the frame, the design of the lower part of the frame prevents the tube from being replaced. My stringer said he will have to take out the whole stripe in order to replace it, but he will have to glue the stripe back on. Does anyone know how to get around this problem?

To all mp100 users, I'm not sure if the mp100 also has that red and black stripe at the lower part of the frame. But if it does, your input will be greatly appreciated!

2. Gladius

Gladius Regular Member

Design Engineer
    Nope,

The MP-100 does not have a long strip. Its just 4 'bridge' grommets at the bottom of the frame. I have yet to experience that, so I don't know wha can be done about that. Maybe you can try e-mailing Yonex if they have replacement grommets?

3. Daniel

Daniel Guest

Is your stringer has a shop at First Markham Place called Yo's Sports? I've this problem with him last time!

4. Jason

Jason Guest

Yeah, that's what I was referring to. The grommets at the lower part of the frame are in the way. I think yonex probably has replacements, but it may cost quite a lot. The mp77 is actually not mine, but I want to get one...but this problem is giving me second thoughts.
    Daniel: no, my stringer does the stringing at his home. Did you take your racket to another shop to see if they can solve the problem?

5. Marky

Marky Regular Member

Richmond, Beautiful British Columbia, Canada
    What about the muscle power frame of Cab 23?

6. Kelvin

Kelvin Regular Member

Student
    Yonex sells all the grommets that are included on the racquets.
    If your stringer is an official yonex dealer, then they will be able to obtain the special grommets which you are talking about at little or no cost to you the consumer.
    As a stringer it is the duty of the stringer to replace any and all grommets that have been damaged on the racquet from play, or prior stringing errors.
    Hope this helps.
    -Kelvin

7. Kelvin

Kelvin Regular Member

Student
    Cab23 is not a FULL muscle power frame. it is a half muscle power frame just like the ti10.
    You will never have such problems with this racquet, as their are no specialized grommets on the frame to break like that. They are just the good old fashioned type grommets used in all Yonex racquets.
    -Kelvin

8. Marky

Marky Regular Member

Richmond, Beautiful British Columbia, Canada
    Thanks Kelvin.

9. Jason

Jason Guest

Thanks Kelvin,

My stringer is not an official yonex dealer. I'll go to some of the racket shops to see if they the grommets.

10. Spy

Spy Regular Member

student
    Daniel wrote:
    >
    > Is your stringer has a shop at First Markham Place
    > called Yo's Sports? I've this problem with him last
    > time!

so did the guy replace the tubes for free?

11. CanucKdood

CanucKdood Guest

so um... what are the yonex dealers in toronto?

12. MJ

MJ Guest

Just a quick note to the person who claims that the stringer should replace all damaged grommets prior to stringing at no cost. Well, being a stringer myself, I can tell you that this does hold true if it is a few grommets. But in the case where most of the grommets on the racquet are damaged/broken, you should not expect this. I once had a racquet where 75% of the grommets needed replacement, and it's not that the grommets cost alot, but it is quite labour intensive to remove so many and replace them. So be reasonable with your expectations.

As far as authorized dealers in Toronto, there are many, email me with your area and I will recommend one to you. Again, I sell racquets, but do NOT buy directly from Yonex (actually find it cheaper to buy through my supplier, who is an authorized and high volume dealer). And attaining any of the YY product is not a problem for me.

13. Y.K.

Y.K. Guest

My friend went to Yo's to get his racquet strung the other day. He asked the guy at Yo's if the grommets on the MP frame were different. They are indeed different as the guy said. He is charging $10 for the whole set of grommets. My friend told me that he special ordered them. But didn't say from whom. He said that it is a problem to his customers as usually he replaces grommets free of charge.

14. Kelvin

Kelvin Regular Member

Student
    Getting charged, or not from the stringer for "regular" grommet replacement is at the discretion of the stringer, however if you dont want to keep getting charged for grommet replacement, I suggest find a better stringer who'll offer such kind services, like Yo's.
    True grommets cost money... what from 200-2000 for $20??
    The MP grommet may or may not cost extra, but again that's what sets a good, and bad stringer apart, not just the quality of the string job, but the level of service they are willing to give to the customer. Yo's isn't quite totally unreasonable for that cost, but I think it could be replaced cheaper, but again everybody's gotta make a living.
    Hope you got that grommet fixed Jason, and Merry Christmas to you.
    -Kelvin