Amortec 900 or Nanospeed 8000/9000

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by luckycharms408, Mar 15, 2007.

1. luckycharms408

luckycharms408 New Member

Hi all,
    I've been playing badminton recreationally for about 3-4 years. I can clear, smash, drop fairly well, so I'm no beginner. I don't know what type of player I am, but I like to smash and I really need to work on my defense, net game, and drops.

I'm interested in buying a new racquet, either the Amortec 900 (I don't know if I should go with Power or Technique) or the Nanospeed 8000/9000. I want the best racquet out there right now. I currently use the Ti-10 and I really like it. I've never used a head-heavy racquet, so I'm not sure how I will like it. I do want to change my game and style though, so I want an racquet that I can smash hard with and have great defense. I know this may sound a little confusing, but any help you guys have would be great. I've read the reviews on all the racquets and they all seem good.

Please help. Thanks!

2. tangy

tangy Regular Member

student
    mp 99 is a good all round racket

3. Chire

Chire Regular Member

I'm in quite the same situation as you, switching off from AT800 Offensive though. Also I'm only looking to switch to either of those new Armortec 900s or NS8000.

Anyway, I don't think there's a racket that's universally the best.

4. bigbadjohn

bigbadjohn Regular Member

at school
    :) the yonex are all good rackets but the one i would go for is nanospeed 9000x if u like to smash that is the racket for power and it is a good all round racket little bit more money than the others but it is worth it good luk john boy

5. Stealthboy

Stealthboy Regular Member

I.T.
    You know what I think is funny? How they have branded the Amortec 900's "power" and "Technique". The 800's were named "Offensive" and "Defensive" all this tells me is people thought with their macho attitude I can't buy a "Defensive" that's so lame sounding. "I am Offensive". So I would imagine they did not sell half as many 800 D racquet's. So marketing at Yonex thought long and hard to come out with "Technique" instead of "Defensive" so people may think yeah I am very technical. It makes me laugh. I still think "Power" will out sell it's sister.

Oh by the way luckycharms408 sorry for deviating from your topic. I have played with the 9000X it's hell of a racquet. Very good allrounder. I am gonna buy a new racquet soon. Anyone want to take a guess ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Yes I am gonna buy a 900 "Power" :p. My god I'm so sad help me help me!

#5 Stealthboy, Mar 15, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2007
  6. Ar Dan

Ar Dan Regular Member

Property Management
    Initially a lot of people will go and buy the Armortec Power for testing out, then they will start selling it because they'd want the Technique for the accuracy. That's just my thoughts.

7. JianKaiSG

JianKaiSG Regular Member

Student
    thats right ... at900 power is very unforgiving ... hard to use

8. luckycharms408

Anyone in the Bay Area (CA, USA) know where I can demo these rackets? I'm very tempted to buy both the Nanospeed 9000 X and the Armortec Technique. The problem I am facing is that these two rackets have pretty much the same specs? If I'm going to buy two rackets, should I buy ones that are a little different? Like that is more defensive and the other more defensive?

9. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

No, NS9K-X is head light while AT900-t is head heavy. There are several place you can demo racquet in Bay Area. Did you do a search? Check out Smash City.

10. aenemic

aenemic Regular Member

Just ordered a AT900-T, can't wait to get it! :)

11. modious

modious Regular Member

Hi, which Ti-10 are you using? The older (black/red) or the newer version (yellow/white)? I've used the old Ti-10 b4.

I'm currently using the NS 8000, NS 9000 S and AT 900 T. I rate them as follows (subjective).

Stability : Ti-10 > Iso Ti Swing Power SX > AT 900 T > NS 9000 S > NS 8000

Stiffness : Ti-10 > AT 900 T > Iso Ti Swing Power SX > NS 9000 S > NS 8000

Power : Ti-10 > Iso Ti Swing Power SX > AT 900 T > NS 8000 > NS 9000 S

Maneuvarability : NS 9000 S > NS 8000 > Iso Ti Swing Power SX = AT 900 T > Ti-10

#11 modious, Mar 16, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2007
  12. daversatile

daversatile Regular Member

can't agree more. the extra amount spent on the 9000x is well worth it.
    the first few weeks were quite depressing when I got the racquet. It took me approx. 2 week before I got used to it. After that, it's all uphill. But mind you it is pretty light-headed which emphasizes more on control and technique i shall say!

13. bertbrainz

bertbrainz Regular Member

try gosen aermet3400...=))

14. azn_123

azn_123 Regular Member

Student
    Same here, although some people have difficulty using extra stiff racquets. I say you should demo the racquets your interested before you actually buy them.

15. luckycharms408

So I demo-ed the rackets and found that the 9000x and the 900-P are a little slow. Maybe because of the way it was strung, but I couldn't drive as fast as with my Ti-10. And somehow, I think that my Ti-10 is lighter than all those rackets. I still have to demo the 900-T, so I'll you guys know how that goes.