Yonex96VF@SportChek

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by 15torontoBoi, Nov 25, 2001.

1. 15torontoBoi

15torontoBoi Guest

Hi everyone. I saw this racquet on sale at sportchek. I used to just play in schoo butI plan on improving my badminton skills and trying to join a badminton club or league or something outside of school. I can hit the birdie and I can serve O.K and somewhat smash. Lots of room for improvement hehe. I'm better then a "beginner," I think I'm Intermediate I guess or maybe a bit less thena intermediate. Would this racquet be a good for me? It's on sale for 59.99 cnd, pretty cheap. Is it worth getting ? If not, feel free to make suggestions for another racquet that is good for intermediate and not that expensive. Thx :)

2. 15torontoBoi

15torontoBoi Guest

Oh and..

I was also wondering... where do I go to get my racquet stringed? How much does it cost?

3. Marky

Marky Regular Member

Richmond, Beautiful British Columbia, Canada
    Re: Oh and..

Please see:

http://www.badmintonforum.com/forums/read.php?f=4&i=8525&t=8525

4. Josh

Josh Guest

Re: Oh and..

I say: GO FOR THE ISO 96 VF!! It's a great racquet in my opinion for what the price is. A lot of people on this forum don't like the VF series but I suggest getting it. But also, it is your choice whether you want to go for it or a different racquet. But again, I strongly recommend this racquet for someone at your level.

5. 15torontoBoi

15torontoBoi Guest

thx for advice

K the 96VF it is... I've heard from the 95VF product reviews.. . the strings suck or somethin and I should cut them and have them restrung? Any opinions on that? Oh and does anyone in Toronto know any clubs/leagues for beginner to intermediate lvl? Something that provides coaching and not just rec play :)

6. Josh

Josh Guest

Re: thx for advice

You don't really have to at first, but after a month you might want to. But it's what ever you want man! If you feel comfortable with the strings on then keep them on for more than a month. But if you want more power, then get new strings after about 1 month.

7. Don

Don Regular Member

VF is really bad, go Carbonex

I really suggest and I know others will follow to get a Carbonex series racquet. These racquets are really great for beginners for durability and playability. I started out with a Carbonex 5 about 8 years ago and I still have this racquet to this very day. It's still an amazing racquet. VF is a crappy racquet and for the money you're buying it for, you might as well go Carbonex.

8. 15torontoBoi

15torontoBoi Guest

Carbonex?

How much does it cost(cnd) and which one do u suggest I get instead of the 96VF?

9. Jeetz

Jeetz Guest

Re: Carbonex?

For the price you cant complain about the 96VF, I have used it recently and it is a very light and comfortable racquet. At some point you may want to get it restrung to a higher tension/better string. Might as well get it for $60.

10. 15torontoBoi

15torontoBoi Guest

String/tension/placestoplay

What type of string should I get and at what tension? Oh, can anyone recommand any places to play in Toronto that offer coaching. ie. clubs or somethin.

11. Andrew

Andrew Guest

Re: String/tension/placestoplay

You should definitely get BG-70 Pro strings if your going to play with nylon shuttles. I'm not sure what tension you should get but something between 20-22 lbs. would be a good start. Also, I know this has nothing to do with Badminton but Vince Carter SUCKS! It's all about Kobe and the Lakers!! 3PEAT!!

12. Josh

Josh Guest

First of all, what racquet will you choose?? Is it the ISO 96 VF or a Carbonex racquet. If it's the 96vf then get it strung around 23 pounds. If you are getting a carbonex, then get it strung around 25 pounds. Just remember, just because there are a whole bunch of opinions on what racquet you should ge, it doesn't mean you have to go along with the majority. JUST GET WHATEVER YOU WANT!!

13. Don

Don Regular Member

The VF Series is the most useless racquet line from Yonex. It's suppose to be the affordable line of racquets, geared to propagate a high end image. It really is very horrible to play with. I would rather play with a steel racquet as oppose to this racquet.

Carbonex racquets are very durable. Just get a decent one that feels well balanced. Do not go to Sportchek, they're such a rip off and don't know half the things that are going on. Drop by a club shop or a racquet shop and pick one out. You'll probably get a better racquet than one offered at Sportchek.

There is no reason to go high tension if you cannot handle it. High tension is meant for advanced players that know how to control the bird with ease, do not expect high tension to increase power or control. It's all about technique! Stringing at 20 to 21 lbs is good enough.

The VF series is such rubbish and should have never been made.

14. 15torontoBoi

15torontoBoi Guest

Ok.

Thx again for advice.15torontoBoi wrote:

15. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

Hey why not try FORZA! I think Kelvin still has some of them for like Canadian. New ones Obviuosly!

I think the Yonex VF is a major crap but then i cant comment on AEROPRO of Blacknight.

PLS NEVER EVER BUY THE VF. U can probably donate that mony to a CHURCH if u want to waste money!

16. Josh

Josh Guest

Re: Ok.

Aero Pro is actually worth the money! It's the racquet that I use currently. I must admit that the Aero Pro is better than any VF racquets! It's even better than some of the Carbonex's.

17. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer

So why do you recommend the VF? You've got me confused here, Josh.

18. Jeetz

Jeetz Guest

I just picked up one of those VF96 racquets too. This is definitly not the choice of racquet for more experienced players. The racquet is excellent for a beginner or somewhat intermediate player (doubles). It has a really soft touch and makes for ease of placement around the court.

However it definitly lacks in power. I feel like i am really putting a lot of shoulder/arm into the shot, in order to kill the bird. This is partly due to the light weight of the racquet and the weight distribution.

The racquet is factory strung to about 15lbs. If I got it restrung to 18-20 lbs. would this help me to smash and clear to the back of the court with greater ease....at the loss of some control??

I have played for about 3-4 months now, and I want to keep this racquet for at least 6-12 more months.

19. Josh

Josh Guest

Mag, What I am trying to say is that, in my opinion, the 96 VF is good but when yogi mentioned the Aero Pro Ti then I suggested that, if he didn't want to get the Iso 96 VF.