User Tag List

Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by abedeng
    I agree that they didn't look tired against the Malaysian pair in 3rd game. But talking about practice time, shouldn't Tony and Candra's vast experience compensate for the lack of practice time?

I was expecting them to clean up the MAS pair, based on the 2nd game's performance. Experience should also assist Tony/Candra in adapting to the opponents' change of tactics.
    Exactly my point. It was their vast experience that compensates. But they would be better if they also pratise together.

In the second game, KKK/TBH were giving the shuttle away, allowing CW/TG to attact relentlessly. In the rubber, KKK/TBH suddenly upped the pace and counter-attacked effectively.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Ah, different input, thanks for chiming in..

I agree that they didn't look tired against the Malaysian pair in 3rd game. But talking about practice time, shouldn't Tony and Candra's vast experience compensate for the lack of practice time?

I was expecting them to clean up the MAS pair, based on the 2nd game's performance. Experience should also assist Tony/Candra in adapting to the opponents' change of tactics.
    ..abedeng, for a while, i thought it would be just me and hcyong discussing on this trivial issue, but since you responded then i'd like to add a bit more..
    Hmm, abt the statement i've highlighted in bold, in regards to lack of practice time, isn't that what i wrote in my post #634???...that was also part of the factor--->i don't know what was lost in this??..
    Also, i would consider the junction or round in which Tony&Candra lost..
    Last edited by ctjcad; 03-18-2007 at 12:05 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad
    ..abedeng, for a while, i thought it would be just me and hcyong discussing on this trivial issue, but since you responded then i'd add a bit more..
    Hmm, abt the statement i've highlighted in bold, in regards to lack of practice time, isn't that what i wrote in my post #634???...that was also part of the factor--->i don't know what was lost in this??..
    I was not talking about practice time. I was talking about the age. You said age was a negative factor for CW/TG. I said it was not a factor, it could even be a positive factor.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jgao_net
    yahh, id have to agree with you. LD lost the first game because he was outplayed, not because he was hurt. he might have been tired, but surely not injured.

and those of you who are saying LD retired because he didnt want to lose...come on. his record speaks for himself. he has come back from losing the first game numerous times, the latest being at AE vs. sony. to say that he faked his injury is just stupid
    yeah.. in the first set LD was A-ok... it looked like a sudden injury... anyway,we need somebody here to upload the match so that we could clearly see it...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by laonong
    Most people in this forum are come from Malyasia or Indonisia, it's understandable that some of these fans will bash LD for any mistakes he made. If he was a Maylasian, he will always a hero for them.
    nope, i am from malaysia and i defended LD decision to retire, if you seen my earlier post.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

off topic: have you seen the TI-10's that KKK/TBH use?... i'm really impressed with how they handled that racket... TI-10 was very head heavy... and to react with such quickness is amazing.. also, their netplays have really impressed me... not to mention the power that TI-10 gives their smashes.... is the newer version of TI-10 (the ones that they use) similar to the old one (except the color)?..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad
    ...hmm, is that so??...and what could be the reason???..
    Minor conflict with his partner.. Eng Hian might retire this year. I won't go into details. Anyway, maybe he will pair up with Yonathan (Yoke) who is currently in PBSI.. can still quit and join Djarum, but their rankings will be too low, and maybe can't go to the World Championships and even worse - Denmark Open.

Quote Originally Posted by ronk
    So Yannie,

What did Rian tell you over the phone? No more laundry to wash -- ha ha. Let us see whether KKK/TBH can demolish JE/ML tomorrow.
    Yeah, I thought they would win too, the Djarum & independent pairs are really sharper than PBSI-bred ones. Too bad Danes are just too experienced at critical points ....
    He told me: "No more laundry, hahaha". "I think my results not bad".. And "thanks for your support last week in Birmingham".. Etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Krisna
    Why is this EH-RS' last tournament together? Rian moving to Denmark to be with Yannie?
    Aiya, Krisna = Gendeng

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yannie
    Minor conflict with his partner.. Eng Hian might retire this year. I won't go into details. Anyway, maybe he will pair up with Yonathan (Yoke) who is currently in PBSI.. can still quit and join Djarum, but their rankings will be too low, and maybe can't go to the World Championships and even worse - Denmark Open.

Aiya, Krisna = Gendeng
    I see... Yoke is a very talented guy... I consider him the most talented among the PB Djarum players of his generation... just not performing up to par compared to his compatriots yet... and he is around the same age as Rian... maybe 21 or 22 or something like that... Could be a longer term partnership compared to Eng Hian, who is around 30 this year...

Yoke's ranking is not very very low... around 30-something... Since Rian's ranking is pretty high [9], if they both team up, then they won't have problems going into GP or Superseries tournaments directly to the main draw. If they perform well, then I don't see why Djarum will shy away from sending them to the Denmark and French Superseries...

But Rian and Eng Hian have to decide fast. They can't let an indefinite partnership linger too long. Especially on Eng Hian's part if he is ready to retire, that is 100% his right... [he has been playing for 20 something years, we all can understand]... just let Rian and PB Djarum know sooner rather than later. Rian's career is at stake too...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hmm, thanks for the tidbit..

Quote Originally Posted by yannie
    ..gotcha-thanks for sharing that, yannie..Minor conflict??..So, the word is *might* on EngHian's part...As for you not seeing Rian soon, not to worry, you'll see him aplenty in the future..Perhaps even in the WC..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krisna
    Yoke's ranking is not very very low... around 30-something... Since Rian's ranking is pretty high [9], if they both team up, then they won't have problems going into GP or Superseries tournaments directly to the main draw. If they perform well, then I don't see why Djarum will shy away from sending them to the Denmark and French Superseries...
    Krisna, Yoga/Yoke's ranking (March 15th 2007) is #32. But how come Rian told me he won't probably go to the WC and DO/FO? Is it up to Djarum to decide who they will send to tournaments?

Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39