User Tag List

Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pjswift
    Please, fatigue finally set in,he played 3 more (MSQ) matches than CJ;he did not crumble under pressure. Poor Simon was just sapped of energy. CJ won on stamina.
    I partially agree with this one. Yes CJ won because Simon didn't have enough energy, but as a professional badminton player it is their job to ensure theyhave enough energy and are fit enough to play the length and amount of play required.

I don't feel that the number of games is a factor. They will train harder in training than in a game (where they can slow the pace if neccessary).

Also CJ will have played Virtually every day for three weeks. Although he lost in SF to Chen Yu the moring of the finals My friends saw him training hard at AE venue with the other team members.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

got any photos??
    especially koo n tan's!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jamesd20
    I partially agree with this one. Yes CJ won because Simon didn't have enough energy, but as a professional badminton player it is their job to ensure theyhave enough energy and are fit enough to play the length and amount of play required.

I don't feel that the number of games is a factor. They will train harder in training than in a game (where they can slow the pace if neccessary).

Also CJ will have played Virtually every day for three weeks. Although he lost in SF to Chen Yu the moring of the finals My friends saw him training hard at AE venue with the other team members.
    CJ's a robot, i've never seen him tire before. i think CJ and LD are probably amongst the fittest players out there, i don't think BCL or TH can match them. perhaps PG and LCW can keep up, but i doubt they can surpass the chinese duo, fitness-wise.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamzz
    perhaps PG and LCW can keep up, but i doubt they can surpass the chinese duo, fitness-wise.
    PG is not good fitness wise. Stamina was always a weak point for him (possibly brought on by his game style).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With his latest SO Final appearance as runner-up, Simon Santoso must have gained enough ranking points to catapult him into the main draw of his next SS, perhaps the Singapore Open in early May.

Then he no longer needs to play as many as three qualifying matches to be eligible for the main draw but will enjoy a direct entry. Though as a professional, Simon has to ensure he has to be fit at all times for his matches, he is still human and the uneven playing requirements for him to play three extra matches not only saps his physical energy but also his mental faculties. He could be tired out mentally before reaching the finals.

If Simon goes direct into the main draw, then no one can complain that he is disadvantaged! But Lady Luck may not be with Simon if he should be drawn to meet the World No.1 in Round One!
    Last edited by Loh; 03-20-2007 at 09:33 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

all my prediction is true,,,,,ehmmmmmm............thats me>> always wright....
    especially abot ina vs CHINA

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A good step forward for Simon, after Sony had done the same in AE ....

Now that they both know they are on par with the top guys, maybe PBSI would be more serious and send them to more tournaments. PBSI didn't do justice to them last year ....

And if BAM is not careful, MAS will be left behind by INA, DEN and CHN.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by phaarix
    Did you watch it? I thought it was quite obvious from his body language that he felt nervous/under pressure. Lack of energy may have played a part as well though.
    Stamina is the problem; looking nervous is just one symptom of it. Do you look perky when you are bushed? I don't think Simon lacks fitness; he's definitely fitter than Sony.Fitness is slightly different from stamina.It's like a car when well serviced,will perform smoothly,when badly maintained,will work but not perform.Stamina has to do with how much is in the tank. Again it does not mean the bigger cc is the winner.Some cars are economical, some are guzzlers. Some players use a lot of energy during play;others play with less effort for the same strokes.
    I wonder if CJ had to play 3 extra MSQ matches and Simon didn't when they met in the finals, what would have been the outcome? Anyway , let's hope Simon need not play MSQ anymore so when he meets CJ, with the same starting point, would he still look nervous? The one thing i like about INA players is they're fearless. Otherwise Sony and Simon wouldn't come this far in the no-show of TH.(By the way, I do like CJ;personality wise ,he comes across down-to-earth.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

everyone is just too tired after AE... maybe not only physically but also mentally....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tjl_vanguard
    everyone is just too tired after AE... maybe not only physically but also mentally....

U talking about u ? Coz KKK said he can go another European round if he has to.

Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45