Mssm 07

Discussion in 'Malaysia' started by fishnet wen*yi, Mar 17, 2007.

1. fishnet wen*yi

fishnet wen*yi Regular Member

student
    Here are the final results:

U-12
    Boys Singles: Darren Isaac(KL) bt Lim Chi Weng(KL) 21-15 18-21 21-7
    Boys Doubles: Soong Joo Ven-Zulhelmi Zulkifli(Sel) bt Mohd Akmal Zakaria-Mohd Nasrullah(Ked) 21-15 21-19
    Girls Singles: Cheong Jing Yueh(Sab) bt Cheah Yee See(Pen) 21-17 21-16
    Girls Doubles: Ho Yen Mei- NorShahida Baharum(KL) bt Cheah Yee See-Ong Yan Jun(Pen) 21-10 21-17

U-15
    Boys Singles: Zulfadli Zulkifli(Sel) bt Loh Wei Sheng(Nse) 21-16 21-15
    Boys Doubles: Loh Wei Sheng-Goh Sze Onn(Nse) bt Duncan Yaw-Kong Chee Yong(Prk) 21-18 21-16
    Girls Singles: Ng Sin Er(Ked) bt Sonia Cheah(KL) 21-13 17-21 21-14
    Girls Doubles: Lai Pei Jing-Lee E Hui(Pah) bt Ng Sin Er-Lim Pei Xuan(Ked) 21-18 21-18

U-18
    Boys Singles: Tan Aik Quan(Ked) bt Iskandar Zulkarnain(Joh) 18-21 21-19 22-20
    Boys Doubles: Iskandar Zulkarnain-Nur Akmal Rumsani(Joh) bt Chooi Kah Ming-Chan Chee Yuan(Pah) 21-18 21-14
    Girls Singles: Tee Jing Yi(Pen) bt Tiffany Chase Currier(Mal) 21-15 21-18
    Girls Doubles: Tee Jing Yi-Lim Ee Von(Pen) bt Yeow Mie Xie-Tiffany Chase Currier(Mal) 21-19 21-17

KL emerged as overall champs with 2 gold 2 silver 2 bronze while Ked came close with 2 gold 2 silver and a bronze
    [​IMG]

2. jas1121

jas1121 Regular Member

Accountant
    do u have the results of Semi-finals? i would appreciate it if you can show that.

3. JaCk™

JaCk™ Regular Member

the u-18 boys single is the most exciting of all.. very close match.. nice performance from johor player, although he lost..

4. fishnet wen*yi

student
    Semifinals

I'm not too sure abt the results but I'll try my best to remember... Can't give you the score though... sorry..

U-12
    Girls Singles: Cheong Jing Yueh(Sab) bt Boon Wei Ming(Mal)- rubber set.
    Cheah Yee See(Pen) bt Yap Cheng Wen(Mal)
    G Doubles: Boon Wei Ming-Yap Cheng Wen(Mal) lost to Cheah Yee See-Ong Yan Jun(Pen)
    Ho Yen Mei-Norshahida(KL) bt Lim Chory-Lim Ann Chee(Mal)
    B Singles: Lim Chi Weng(KL) bt Ong Yew Sin(Mal)- super close fight! Rubber set 21-19! Both were diving all over the court. Third set, Ong Yew Sin who's the top seed made a number of unecessary mistakes. His skills are really good but Chi Weng fought harder.
    Darren Isaac(KL) bt Jeremy Toh(Swk)
    B Doubles: Mohd Alif-Soo Teck Zhi(Sel) lost to Mohd Akmal Zakaria-Md Nasrulah Md Nor(Ked)
    Soong Joo Ven-Zulhelmi Zulkifli(Sel) bt Ong Yew Sin-Lee Wee Pin(Mal)

U-15
    Girls Singles: Sonia Cheah(KL) bt Yang Li Lian(Sel)- straight set but close score. If i'm not wrong the first set is either 18 or 19. Second 15 or 16 or 17... Haha..
    Ng Sin Er bt Lai Pei Jing- 14 and 10 i think...
    G Doubles: Sonia Cheah-Shevon Lai(KL) lost to Ng Sin Er-Lim Pei Xuan(Ked)- very exciting match. neck and neck. Ng Sin Er pair lost first set. Second set won 22-20. Rubber set, they won 21-19 although Sonia and Shevon were leading 19-17.
    B Singles: Loh Wei Sheng bt ??? <=I'm sorry about this. >.<
    Zulfadli Zulkifli bt Tan Kah Zhan- 14 and 10 too...
    *Just to chip in something here, Zulfadli defeated Ow Yao Han (2nd seed) of Malacca in the qtrs in what must be the toughest match for him. They played for more than an hour with everyone cheering. He was losing 20-12 in the rubber set and somehow, he chased up to win 23-21 in the end. The crowd erupted into cheers and he collapsed on the court after that, covering his eyes. Then, he collapsed outside the court but his father and himself insisted not to go to the hospital cuz he wanted to play on. He won in the end. Congrats to him!
    B Doubles: -

U-18
    G Singles: Tee Jing Yi(Pen) bt Yeow Mie Xie(Mal)- straight set. Score not quite close. Not much of a fight really. no offence though.
    Tiffany Chase Currier(Mal) bt Chuah Sin Lui(Ked)- Good fight but straight set. I think it was 15 and 16? Not too sure.
    G Doubles: Tiffany Chase Currier-Yeow Mie Xie(Mal) bt Chong Vi Vian-Yee Li Jin(Pah)- 27-25 21-14<=not sure abt second set score
    Tee Jing Yi-Lim Ee Von bt Ong Boon Hui-Cecelia Koh(Mal)
    B Singles- Tan Aik Quan(Ked) bt Mohd Syawal Ismail(Sel)
    Iskandar Zulkarnain(Joh) bt Vikram Verajanan(Sel) 21-19 22-20 <=This was a very exciting match. That johor guy is just unbelievable! He was jumping all over the court. There's this particular rally where he dove to retrieve vikram's smash twice and followed that up with another brilliant defence to the net which Vikram failed to retrieve.

A lot of the top seeds lost early..

5. Joanne

Joanne Regular Member

Getting thrashed on court.
    Any idea how a Mohd. Adib fared? Bro of Mohd. Alif(in U12 doubles semi).

What is ironical is you see players like Zulfadli Zulkifli(U15 boys gold medallist) still playing in MSSD...:rolleyes:

Congrats to all the winners!

6. JaCk™

JaCk™ Regular Member

Joanne, you know which district or school Iskandar Zulkarnain ( the Johor guy ) came from? Thanks.

7. Joanne

Joanne Regular Member

Nope, sorry, have to ask Johor people on that one..

8. fishnet wen*yi

student
    Iskandar Zulkarnain- BJSS.. haha... Zulfadli played for MSSD? Really? o_O... Isn't he in Bkt Jalil too? Sorry... I dunno how Adib fared...

9. jas1121

jas1121 Regular Member

Accountant
    thanks alot, fish net wen yi i juz wanted to know the boys's doubles u-18 and boys single u-12. As i heard my coach said that they were SBA(sarawak BA) players playing in the semis.

As well as the other results plus the short details of the matches. I seem to be really exciting, wish i was there.

#9 jas1121, Mar 20, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2007
  10. Joanne

Joanne Regular Member

Lol, no, Zulfadli and his brother are in SMK DU. They partnered each other in MSSD and my my.. the combination was lethal I tell you, especially for MSSD level. But there was some fight in the finals I believe.. not too sure. One thing is definite though, yes, he still plays in MSSD.

I was just wondering about Adib.. BJSS fella. Thanks anyway :)

11. jrmanu

jrmanu Regular Member

zul

it was ok zulfadlis brother is not sooo good but zulfadli is only 14 and hes sponsored by yonex i asked him wheter he thinks he can win the mssm he said mybe lol but hes brother zul faiz is quite fat and childish . he played rahman dani and hakim in the finals they are r both from the project eleven school.

12. Joanne

Joanne Regular Member

His brother has not gotten his growth spurt yet, perhaps thats why you don't see him as such a good player.. would you believe me if I told you Zulfadli was just like his younger brother last year? Exactly the same size and height, but this year when I saw him it's like, WHOA! He grew like a head taller and shed a lot of weight. His brother is likely to follow that same pattern.. and childish? Lol... 13 year old boy.. how much more can you expect? There are some who are mature at 13.. but generally most grow up between their form 1-3 years.

13. JaCk™

JaCk™ Regular Member

no idea which school or district in Johor he came from before going to BJSS? i mean iskandar zulkarnain

14. jrmanu

jrmanu Regular Member

trains

zulfadli isnt in bjss his dad doenst want him there thats what i know because you cant join the mssd if your there and you cant go out he trains in la salle with his dad and a few more of my friends i may go there too

15. jrmanu

jrmanu Regular Member

lol i know zulfadli has gotten thiner and all but zulfaiz lost in the 3rd round to patrick last year zulfadli didnt lose in the 3 rd round .zulfadli just has more skill and i dont think zulfaiz will be like zulfadli

16. Joanne

Joanne Regular Member

Oh I see... but he will have to keep updated about the latest tournaments if he doesn't want to enter BJSS... I mean, in BJSS it'll be sorta automatic.. right?

Hehe, I suppose one must look at who he lost to.. not at what round. I would rather lose in the early rounds to the top seed then to some unknown fellow in the QF stage onwards..

Since you know them better you should know who is more skillfull I guess..:D

17. jrmanu

jrmanu Regular Member

bjss

but players in bjss cant join a lot of tournements .but even zulfadli cant join alot of tournements because hes a national player. But zulfadlis dad wants to train him .zulfadlis bro zulfaiz lost to another form 1 boy but he wasnt very good .he lost in the next round to my doubles partner.:) and patrick wasnt seeded . seeded players only play in the quarter finals

18. fishnet wen*yi

student
    i dont think it's very fair to compare siblings when it comes to badminton. there are a lot of badminton siblings in the competition... like sonia cheah and lydia cheah, norshahida(u-12 doubles champ) and norsyahliza baharum... hafifi and hafizi hashim (hafiz's twin brothers), amelia anscelly's sister (i forgot her name:p but she played and she looks exactly like amelia o_O) well, my point is, i bet the players won't really like being referred to as 'lydia's sister' or 'hafiz's brother', would they? o_O I wouldn't know cuz my younger sister doesnt play :p but i dun thinki would like it really. pressure! >.<

19. Joanne

Joanne Regular Member

Haha, yes it may not be fair, but hey, it still happens. It's natural for human beings to compare.. ;)

Anyway, Zulfaiz is still young.. still has time..

For example, I used to lose to this guy all the time.. gave some fight maybe, but still lost. But I could beat his younger brother.. so naturally I considered him way weaker than his brother, because I couldn't beat elder brother when he was standard 5, but I could beat this guy when he was standard 5. Last I heard, he's improved by leaps and bounds + had his growth spurt, won something in MSSM(his bro didn't win anything in MSSM at his age).

Anyway, my point is.. oh I forgot my point. :eek: