User Tag List

Page 1 of 39 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 17 of 656
  1. #1
    Regular Member suetyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Akihabara
    Posts
    8,036
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Swiss Open 2007 - Day 6 (17 Mar) - Semi-final

    http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/sp...635&day=108281

    My prediction in blue

    MS

    Lin Dan VS Simon Santoso
    Peter Gade VS Chen Jin

    WS

    Lu Lan VS Jiang Yanjiao
    Zhang Ning VS Xu Huaiwen

    WD

    Yang Wei/Zhao Tingting VS Chien Yu-Chin/Cheng Wen-Hsing
    Greysia Polii/Vita Marissa VS Lee Hyo Jung/Lee Kyung Won

    MD

    Koo Kien Keat/Tan Boon Heong VS Candra Wijaya/Tony Gunawan
    Jens Eriksen/Martin Lungaard Hansen VS Rian Sukmawan/ Eng Hian

    XD

    Nadiezda KostiuCZYK/Robert Mateusiak VS Lee Yong Dae/Lee Hyo Jung
    Jiang Yan Mei/Hendra Wijaya VS Greysia Polii/Muhammad RIJAL

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    KL & Sg
    Posts
    5,315
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Schedule and court allocation here:
    http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/sp...635&day=108281

    I think the TV court is Court 2. But KKK/TBH v TG/CW is on Court 1. Sheesh...

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    1,235
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hcyong
    Schedule and court allocation here:
    http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/sp...635&day=108281

    I think the TV court is Court 2. But KKK/TBH v TG/CW is on Court 1. Sheesh...
    Yong, You mean we wont get to watch it LIVE tonight? That is a bummer.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    95
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by suetyan
    http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/sp...635&day=108281

    My prediction in blue

    MD

    Koo Kien Keat/Tan Boon Heong VS Candra Wijaya/Tony Gunawan
    Jens Eriksen/Martin Lungaard Hansen VS Rian Sukmawan/ Eng Hian
    Suetyan, Why you think KKK-TBH will lose to the Indonesians? On what basis your prediction?

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    1,235
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Suetyan, have more faith in our pair please ....

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    KL & Sg
    Posts
    5,315
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by suetyan
    MS
    Lin Dan VS Simon Santoso
    Peter Gade VS Chen Jin

    WS
    Lu Lan VS Jiang Yanjiao
    Zhang Ning VS Xu Huaiwen

    WD
    Yang Wei/Zhao Tingting VS Chien Yu-Chin/Cheng Wen-Hsing
    Greysia Polii/Vita Marissa VS Lee Hyo Jung/Lee Kyung Won

    MD
    Koo Kien Keat/Tan Boon Heong VS Candra Wijaya/Tony Gunawan
    Jens Eriksen/Martin Lungaard Hansen VS Rian Sukmawan/ Eng Hian

    XD
    Nadiezda KostiuCZYK/Robert Mateusiak VS Lee Yong Dae/Lee Hyo Jung
    Jiang Yan Mei/Hendra Wijaya VS Greysia Polii/Muhammad RIJAL
    Concur with your predictions except:
    1. Can't see Zhang Ning losing. Pi Hongyan was her greatest rival for the title.
    2. I think Greysia/Vita will beat the Koreans, who are still somewhat vulnerable.

    50:50 between Koo KK/Tan BH v Candra/Tony. All else equal, the former are faster, and the latter more experienced.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    KL & Sg
    Posts
    5,315
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by valen
    Suetyan, Why you think KKK-TBH will lose to the Indonesians? On what basis your prediction?
    Then, on what basis you think Candra/Tony will lose? I think it is close to 50:50, and predictions will split right in the middle.

    People have their right to predict without having to give reasons.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    MY
    Posts
    10
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    From the match schedule, I read it as one match being played at a time. So, Astro should be showing all the matches.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    KL & Sg
    Posts
    5,315
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spchu
    Yong, You mean we wont get to watch it LIVE tonight? That is a bummer.
    Yeah, I think they give priority to matches involving Europeans, hence for MD, they JE/MLH will play on the TV court.

    Bummer, a vast majority of badminton fans prefer the other match.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    KL & Sg
    Posts
    5,315
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Polarrev
    From the match schedule, I read it as one match being played at a time. So, Astro should be showing all the matches.
    Mmmm, you are right. One session starts at 2 pm. The other at 7 pm. So, all matches can be shown. Good.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    326
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hcyong
    Then, on what basis you think Candra/Tony will lose? I think it is close to 50:50, and predictions will split right in the middle.

    People have their right to predict without having to give reasons.
    I think TG/CW will have a better chance of winning, for three main reasons:
    1) There is no MAS crowd voice like in MAS Open cheering KKK/TBH and distracting TG/CW.
    2) As TG/CW participate in more tournaments, the more they become "in-the-form"
    3) KKK/TBH are tired (physicallly and mentally) from AE final and all the games in SO, now it has been taking them 3 games to finish each match in SO. Especially the last one against Fu/Cai.

    Just my 2 cents
    Last edited by IndoAmerican; 03-16-2007 at 08:30 PM.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    1,235
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Polarrev
    From the match schedule, I read it as one match being played at a time. So, Astro should be showing all the matches.
    Between you and Yong, I sure hope you're right.....I am really looking forward to see our pair in action again after having adrenalin rush watching them playing in All England.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    1,484
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hcyong
    Schedule and court allocation here:
    http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/sp...635&day=108281

    I think the TV court is Court 2. But KKK/TBH v TG/CW is on Court 1. Sheesh...
    Seriously? Dont tell me they r going to show Jens/Martin vs. Rian/Eng instead?

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    95
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hcyong
    Then, on what basis you think Candra/Tony will lose? I think it is close to 50:50, and predictions will split right in the middle.

    People have their right to predict without having to give reasons.
    YOu're right, but I just curious maybe she has some detailed analysis done...not just gut feeling... you know what I mean? I don't have any prediction...so for you to ask me "on what basis I think Candra/Tony will lose" is ridiculous!

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    1,235
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by valen
    YOu're right, but I just curious maybe she has some detailed analysis done...not just gut feeling... you know what I mean? I don't have any prediction...so for you to ask me "on what basis I think Candra/Tony will lose" is ridiculous!
    Fellow Malaysians- stop arguing and pull our resources together and support Kin Keat and Boon Heong tonight.

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    MY
    Posts
    10
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    According the Astro Programme Listing:

    Sat, 17 March 2007: 9pm.
    Sun, 18 March 2007: 2am and 7pm.

    Too bad I'm in AU right now.

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    KL & Sg
    Posts
    5,315
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spchu
    Fellow Malaysians- stop arguing and pull our resources together and support Kin Keat and Boon Heong tonight.
    Of course. No matter what, I will support fellow Malaysians. I will always hope that they win. But prediction is a different matter. You must try to detach yourself emotionally when you make predictions.

Page 1 of 39 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 2010 Swiss Open Videos Semi Final
    By ilovecp2007 in forum Badminton Tournament Video Sharing
    Replies: 13
    : 03-25-2010, 08:01 PM
  2. MS Final Swiss Open 2007
    By dangquocbaoa2 in forum Badminton Tournament Video Sharing
    Replies: 2
    : 05-04-2009, 10:51 AM
  3. Macau Open 2007-semi final-06 October 2007
    By george@chongwei in forum India Open / Japan Open / Chinese Taipei Open / Macau Open 2007
    Replies: 2
    : 10-05-2007, 10:46 AM
  4. Swiss Open 2007 - WS Semi - Lu Lan Vs. Yang Janjiao
    By xt6666 in forum Badminton Tournament Video Sharing
    Replies: 5
    : 04-19-2007, 04:52 PM
  5. ReQuest 2007 Swiss Open Final WD and XD
    By NoCTuRNe in forum Badminton Tournament Video Sharing
    Replies: 0
    : 04-05-2007, 03:37 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •