User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 18 to 34 of 42
  1. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ipoh, Malaysia
    Posts
    1,992
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i think it's not the matter of the koreans not good enough to get to the finals or anything. maybe KKK and TBH have been losing to them because the koreans' strategy and style of play can counter KKK and TBH's style of play. meaning if they play each other, KKK and TBH still could lose. even the best player have an archilles heel. so maybe the korean pair is KKK and TBH's. my two cents. nonetheless to regularly beat the top pairs bode well for the type of strategy the malaysian pair is using.

  2. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    316
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default KKK/TBH the best md pair of the world now

    I think KKK/TBH is the best md pair at the moment.
    The biggest reason that Malaysian pairs lose to a Korean team is Tan Kim Her responsible for MD in the Korean National Squad.

    Unfortunate for the Malaysian Team, Tan Kim Her is doing very well in Seoul. I met him during the German Open. The Korean Chief is very satisfied with his work and more important: the players have got a firm trust in him.

    By the way, during the German Open finals there another real finals match took place off the centre court. In the training facility there was a match between Tan Kim Her/Yoo Yoeon Sung and Han Sanghoon/Park Sunghwan (singles player). They bet some money. And guess who won!

    Tan Kim Her paired with the young Yoo Zeon Sung won against the pair Han/Park.
    Tan Kim Her still very good at playing and extremely determined to win a bet!

  3. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    1,210
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    KKK/TBH need to sharpen their smash and defence. their defense could not stop Fu Hai Feng power smash.

  4. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    336
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stevenhyx
    if koren pairs is really good as u mentioned, y they lost in the quarter final????
    what does it mean????
    think about it.......
    do u think malaysian pairs gone through to final in easy way?????from first round to final which pair did they beat??? pls think abt it...........
    I just mean the Korean pair got something that can really beat KKK/TBH and it's amazing. So far KKK/TBH have beaten all the top pairs except this Korean pair. I can't deny that KKK/TBH have achieved great results within these 6 months. As a Malaysian, I'm very proud of them too. I hope they will meet very soon and it's time for KKK/TBH to prove that they can beat any pair in the world.

  5. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    557
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tjl_vanguard
    It's not shouldn't.. they are going to be in top 10 DEFINITELY!! i think.. rank 7 maybe...
    I've done rough calculation right after the final and posted the prospective top-20s in another thread. KKK/TBH will exactly be ranked No.10. They've only participated in 6 WR point awarding events to date and just several hundred points less than pairs like the uninspiring Anthony/Robert and Rian/Hian (who have earned points in 9 to 10 events in the past 12 months) to rank ahead of them at this point of time.

    Still, I predict that they will be given 3rd-4th seeding in the next SS events in coming May, just behind CY/FHF and JE/MLH (and maybe TG/CW). They received No.8 seedings in both AE and SO despite of their relatively lower world rankings then (around 30th prior to AE and 18th prior to SO).

  6. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    seri kembangan
    Posts
    104
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    if lots of may be, may be korean pairs seeded number one loh...............
    pls be logic.......

  7. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    557
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ck1981
    I just mean the Korean pair got something that can really beat KKK/TBH and it's amazing. So far KKK/TBH have beaten all the top pairs except this Korean pair. I can't deny that KKK/TBH have achieved great results within these 6 months. As a Malaysian, I'm very proud of them too. I hope they will meet very soon and it's time for KKK/TBH to prove that they can beat any pair in the world.
    Errrr ... actually KKK/TBH have beaten LJJ/HJM before. Their head-to-head record stands at 2:2 right now. They haven't met JJS/LYD yet.

  8. #25
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    336
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Inky2000
    Errrr ... actually KKK/TBH have beaten LJJ/HJM before. Their head-to-head record stands at 2:2 right now. They haven't met JJS/LYD yet.
    Sorry if I refer to the wrong Korean pair. However, I hope they can meet very soon since LYD is a very young and talented player too.

  9. #26
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    557
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think KKK/TBH is the MAS player(s) in the past 10 years who have won 3 international titles within the shortest period of time - 2 1/2 months; or won 4 titles within the shortest period of time - 4 1/2 months.

    Two MS shuttlers came close by winning 3 titles in less than a year's time ...

    1. In 2001, Roslin won Swiss Open (Mar), Japan Open (Apr) and Denmark Open (Sep) => 7 months.

    2. In 2005, Hafiz won Swiss Open (Mar), Thailand Open (Apr) and Dutch Open (Oct) => 8 months.

    3. In 2005-2006, Chong Wei won Malaysia Open (Jul), Denmark Open (Oct) and Swiss Open (Jan) => 7 months.

    4. Meanwhile, in 2006, Chong Wei won Swiss Open (Jan), Commonwealth Games (Mar), ABC (Apr) and Malaysia Open (Jun) => 4 titles within 6 months; or 3 titles within 4 months.

    5. In 2005-2006, CCM/KKK won Denmark Open (Oct), Swiss Open (Jan), Commonwealth Games (Mar) and Malaysia Open (Jun) => 4 titles within 10 months; or 3 titles within 6 months.

    KKK/TBH's "winning pace" may slow down but I don't think they are going to become another Hafiz. The reason I think so is that KKK/TBH has consistently entering at least SF in every event they have participated so far (or, in 6 consecutive events), something that Hafiz or any other MAS players have never achieved at least in the last 10 years.

  10. #27
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    796
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ck1981
    It's too early to say they are the best at the moment. Pls remember that they haven't met the top Korean pair Lee Yong Dae in the AE2007 and SO2007. In fact KKK/TBH have lost twice to this Korean pair previously. I really hope to see they will meet each other in the upcoming matches!!!
    They have yet to meet LYD/JJS.
    The pair they lost is HJM/LJJ with head-to-head of 2-2.
    LYD/JJS is the only top pair they have to win to put themselves in the list of formidable pair.

  11. #28
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    1,210
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Inky2000
    I think KKK/TBH is the MAS player(s) in the past 10 years who have won 3 international titles within the shortest period of time - 2 1/2 months; or won 4 titles within the shortest period of time - 4 1/2 months.

    Two MS shuttlers came close by winning 3 titles in less than a year's time ...

    1. In 2001, Roslin won Swiss Open (Mar), Japan Open (Apr) and Denmark Open (Sep) => 7 months.

    2. In 2005, Hafiz won Swiss Open (Mar), Thailand Open (Apr) and Dutch Open (Oct) => 8 months.

    3. In 2005-2006, Chong Wei won Malaysia Open (Jul), Denmark Open (Oct) and Swiss Open (Jan) => 7 months.

    4. Meanwhile, in 2006, Chong Wei won Swiss Open (Jan), Commonwealth Games (Mar), ABC (Apr) and Malaysia Open (Jun) => 4 titles within 6 months; or 3 titles within 4 months.

    5. In 2005-2006, CCM/KKK won Denmark Open (Oct), Swiss Open (Jan), Commonwealth Games (Mar) and Malaysia Open (Jun) => 4 titles within 10 months; or 3 titles within 6 months.

    KKK/TBH's "winning pace" may slow down but I don't think they are going to become another Hafiz. The reason I think so is that KKK/TBH has consistently entering at least SF in every event they have participated so far (or, in 6 consecutive events), something that Hafiz or any other MAS players have never achieved at least in the last 10 years.
    wow, what a through analysis you had made. thanks for your analysis ya.

  12. #29
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    London & Penang
    Posts
    6,628
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tutu_h
    They have yet to meet LYD/JJS.
    The pair they lost is HJM/LJJ with head-to-head of 2-2.
    LYD/JJS is the only top pair they have to win to put themselves in the list of formidable pair.
    yup, agreed, the korean pairs seem to be a real threat at the moment. i would say that in any given tournament, if any of these 5 pairs compete:

    Cai/Fu
    KKK/TBH
    Tony/Candra
    Jens/Martin
    LYD/JJS

    it would be very hard to imagine anyone else winning the title. LJJ/HJM won the korean open, all credit to them, but i don't think they perform consistently enough to be too much of a danger to the rest.

  13. #30
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    1,210
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    KKK/TBH lost in Korea Open semifinal because of unfair line calls right? I remember seeing KKK so disappointed after they lost the 2nd game cos he thought his shot was in but the linesmen called it out.

  14. #31
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    KL & Sg
    Posts
    5,315
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If Lee Yong Dae has a better partner, the pair would be scary.

    Also, Markis/Hendra should be on the list although I feel Hendra could do with a better partner.

  15. #32
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    KL & Sg
    Posts
    5,315
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Don't know if anyone noticed this.

    CCM/KKK was doing ok. HTH/TBH was so-so.

    After the switch, KKK/TBH went great guns. It just seemed that KKK got a better partner. However CCM/HTH was also doing better than the old HTH/TBH partnership. Just seemed that HTH was rejuvenated with a new partner. We still need more time to judge the CCM/HTH pairing, but it's strange.

  16. #33
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    1,210
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I can notice that CCM/HTH smash are powerful given their height. They can jump too. HTH smash can be compared with Markis although HTH makes a lot of mistake when under pressure.

  17. #34
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    TW
    Posts
    393
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Though Malaysia MD is working well, LCW seems not being so.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. NEWS : SwissOpen07 : Zhang Ning wins WS title
    By kwun in forum German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2007
    Replies: 2
    : 03-24-2007, 10:11 AM
  2. NEWS : SwissOpen07 : Zhao/Yang wins WD title
    By kwun in forum German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2007
    Replies: 19
    : 03-23-2007, 11:09 AM
  3. NEWS : SwissOpen07 : Chen Jin wins MS title
    By kwun in forum German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2007
    Replies: 10
    : 03-21-2007, 04:38 AM
  4. NEWS : SwissOpen07 : Lee/Lee wins XD final
    By kwun in forum German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2007
    Replies: 3
    : 03-18-2007, 10:41 PM
  5. Ronald Susilo Wins Japen Open Title
    By Loh in forum Korean Open 2004 / Japan Open 2004
    Replies: 6
    : 05-09-2004, 10:09 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •