I am a beginner..which racket to take?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Hisham, Mar 18, 2007.

1. Hisham

Hisham Regular Member

First of all i wanna thank everyone in this wonderful forum..i've been visiting it for last 3 weeks..and have learned alot from it

i've seen many topics about rackets comparison and got alot of information..

As you can see from the topic heading i am a beginner.. i started playin 3 months ago in almost half the size of real badminton court..and just 2 weeks ago i started playin in the real size court for 2 times a week

3 months ago i got the Prine spectrum racket..its quite good for beginners like me :p.. but now i wanna buy a better racket.. i used to play tennis so you can say that i didn't start from scrach..i've just started playin 2 weeks ago in real courts and already im beatin ppl who have been playin for more than 6 months and i feel its time to change my racket..im planning to get one by the end of this month

so i want all the advice i can get plz..

so far im havin a difficulty choosing between 3 rackets:
    1- MP 45
    2- AT 300
    3- AT 150

so i was wondering which one is better for a beginner.. and if there is other rackets better for my standards

thanks for all in advance

#1 Hisham, Mar 18, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2007
  2. jerby

jerby Regular Member

I'd say the at300 is a pretty safe bet. It's medium flex and even balanced. Might just be what you're looking for.

my compliments for asking the suggestion, you picked some medium-flex, not too extreme, not too brittle rackets...
    much better than the average "which is better, ns9X or at900P?":D:cool:

3. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

Welcome to Badminton,

If you are taking up badminton seriously, then pls do consider the Cab series of rackets. They are brilliant to play with and long lasting! Their sweet spots are smaller but hold tension better and a good way to get your timing and basics right!They are made of the simplest graphite material and you get what you pay for!

Racket is probably 5% of the total player. So hon on your other skills and save money on a racket! Get good shoes also!

Best of luck

4. azn_123

azn_123 Regular Member

Student
    Yup definately get good shoes. Aka badminton shoes.:D

5. t3tsubo

t3tsubo Regular Member

Student
    String first, then shoes, then racquet. and tension of string before brand/model of string.

since youre a beginner, any racquet is probably good, as you'll mostly use this until you master all the basic shots and start playing competetive, which then means you'll get a more competetive racquet.
    do you prefer head light or head heavy? stiff or flexible? Yonex or any brand?

6. Hisham

Hisham Regular Member

i got Asics Gel shoes..and the string im currently using is the BG65 but i dono the tension..coz i did it sometime ago and didn't unserstand wats tension..from what i read i see wat suits beginners is head light and a flexible is better than stiff racket..while for the brands i chose yonex becoz its the best..but i dont mind wilson as well

7. Stealthboy

Stealthboy Regular Member

I.T.
    I have a Wilson and Yonex. My Yonex is so much more easy to play with. Go for the Armortec I have one it's great. We don't have the 300 here but we do have a 250. Medium-stiff is ok for beginner with a Yonex as the Yonex stiff has a bit of flex in it to get a nice snap on the smash. The Wilson stiff I find much stiffer the racquet is not as forgiving probably due to it's classic shaped head (Yonex has my preferred Isometric head). Higher tension is better I currently play at 25lbs (prob 23lbs now) with BG65TI. That string will be going soon I'm getting BG80 at 27lbs. I think that is about the best string out there at the moment in my opinion.:D

Oh yeah welcome to BC by the way:)

8. Hisham

Hisham Regular Member

thanks man.. :)

9. Hisham

Hisham Regular Member

what about wilson rackets?? any recommendations?? somethin in the same standard as At300 or the 250

10. Stealthboy

Stealthboy Regular Member

I.T.
    Racquet help

Wilson's don't feel as nice as the Yonex's. I tell you what though I was looking at what DinkAlot has to say about the SOTX WOVEN 7and that has really caught my eye. It's good value at $90. Can be strung up to 31lbs which is way more than any current Yonex. It's for an attack based player.