What was that all about?

Discussion in 'German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2007' started by markchan, Mar 18, 2007.

1. markchan

markchan Regular Member

During the middle of the second game (or was it the third?), JE went up to the umpire and pointed his finger at him threatenly. Anyone one knows what was that all about?? Shouldnt the umpire gave him a warning for that? and his constant complain to the service judge.

2. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    MLH also went to the service judge and sort of threatened him. Apparently about TBH's illegal serve (even though it was the low serve). I think it is a two-fold tactic to rattle both the service judge and also TBH who may have second thoughts about his own serve.

I don't know why JE went up the the umpire, but it's perhaps about the same thing.

3. tjl_vanguard

tjl_vanguard Regular Member

Student
    i think he was trying to say that why din the service judge fault boon heong because boon heong's serve was too high.. but i think the serve was fault o anything.. maybe just a mind game between them...

4. stevenhyx

stevenhyx Regular Member

y the danes cant accpet the referee's judge then pointing up other's people fault.....
    alwys like that...........

5. JaCk™

JaCk™ Regular Member

it is just some psychological tactic to make KKK/TBH lose confidence

6. spectator

spectator New Member

JE went to the umpire to complain about the receiver (KKK). He explained that KKK always started too early. But the umpire fully disagreed and told him to play on.

7. JaCk™

JaCk™ Regular Member

then, what are your opinion? do you all think KKK started too fast?

8. spectator

spectator New Member

I think the umpire's decision was correct. Of course, players of this top level always try to go to the limit during serving and receiving. So there are very close decisions in these situations.
    But for me it was not obvious that KKK started too fast, so I support the umpire's decision because he had the best position to watch the receiver.

Concerning JE's complaint about the service in the final game I agree with him. The service was so flat that I think it wasn't a correct service. That's life: sometimes you get away with an incorrect service and sometimes not. Service-judging is a very difficult work.
    But that was not the deciding point in this match: KKK & TBH played better and deserve this great victory.
    CONGRATULATIONS TO KKK & TBH (and to Rexy as well)!!!

9. JaCk™

JaCk™ Regular Member

ya, in professional level, everything must be fast. KKK is right to tap into the service fast. If he is slow, he cannot start attacking right from the start. Good strategy planned by Rexy.

10. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

My opinion, JE/ML is quite scared of KKK/TBH's serve & return of serve. The Malaysians were much better in the segment. U can see how many flick serves from the danes compared to the Malaysians, thats sign of lack of confidence of low serve. Complain to the service judge is some mental game playin from the danes, trying to rattle the youngsters. Shame on the big danes.

#10 zqloy, Mar 20, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2007
  11. tjl_vanguard

tjl_vanguard Regular Member

Student
    apparently, i would rate kkk/tbh's serve as one of the best in mens doubles....

their placing is just so....whew.... :D