User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fishmilk
    I have a problem. The string keeps popping on me. Granted it is a .66 mm Ashaway MP, but I don't think it should be breaking on me. I broke 3 packs in total, I know I should've tried with cheaper string but I don't want to string and then have to restring, plus I've used a crank before and I know how to string, I don't know why.

First time I had everything prestrung and it popped on the second or third main to the right. Then I figured maybe the fixed clamps were too tight and clipped the string. I spent a good while adjusting the fixed clamps so that they wouldn't flatten the string while holding it at 30lbs. The very last tie-off main going through B10 popped twice.
    Hmm... interesting...
    Did you use this string on your LF machine at this tension as well?
    I dont want to hazard a guess, but sounds like you're right that your clamps may be squashing the string causing it to tear apart prematurely

Sorry I'm not much help, i have not tried the mp string from ashaway, and unaware of its characteristics; in regards to stretching quality & overall durability.
    Perhaps others who have tried the string, can weigh in on the situation?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes I've used this string on my Laserfibre before. The funny thing is... when I used it, when I was starting the crosses, I forgot to make an extra loop for the starting knot since the string was so thin. The whole thing went inside the grommet so I tied another starting knot for safe measure. When I repulled the first main, the string popped, luckily I had enough string since it was the crosses.

So far I have two speculations. One is that the string is so brittle it's damaged during prestretching I do. That explains why of 5 string jobs, 3 broke on the end of the piece of string. The other 2 probably broke because I didn't adjust the fixed clamps properly at first but I took a lot of time to adjust it afterwards and the problem didn't seem to be with the fixed clamps.

The other is that perhaps my crank isn't calibrated. I remember stories on the forum about people recieving their machine calibrated 20+ lbs higher than the meter.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been using the .66mm MP Ti string bought from mybadmintonstore for the past ~3 months. Though i haven't had any problems with string snapping during stringing (using my Egnas ST250, i don't prestretch strings), though i've had lots more string breakages than normal during playing. I find these strings even more fragile than the BG66 I used to use.
    Last edited by jsunsun; 03-21-2007 at 01:45 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah they are fragile stuff but they play so well. It's addictive!

I'll try not prestretching although the coil will probably bug me a lot.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Nice machine. I am sure you can really go fast with this one. 30 minutes should be no problem from now on with pre-stringing the racquet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Pete, not as nice as yours though. I was so jealous of you I went out and bought something 1/6th the cost of your machine xD.How goes the stringing on that Opus? I'm loving how much easier it is nearing the end of the racquet. Used to be so cramped so so hard to finish and tie off the last 3 - 4 crosses.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2