Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sorry, double posting due to connection error

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

X_Ball,

There is no point gloating about our MD 4 wins. Did u see China happy with 3 or 4 titles per event? No, what they want is to dominate all. And from that desire, comes hunger, from hunger, comes the effort to make it happen. Sure they can and will fail many times, but they won't give up.

Your "reasonable success" cannot be expected to hold. As Loh mentioned, other pairs will do their homework to try and prise open KKK/TBH's invincibility, and Koreans have already partially succeeded. How are our doubles program considered well advanced when other pairs are not improving, and Choong/Lee are still better than most new blood at the tailend of their career.

And why all this talk about other countries' demise (Singapore in particular)? This is not the forum to look down to others' perceived lack of progress.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by X Ball

Learn how to face the truth and accord KKK-TBH the respect they truly deserve. Don't try to convince everyone that there are other teams about to spring surprises on KKK-TBH any time in the future. We waited in the last 4 tournaments (MALAYSIAN, ASIAD, ALL-ENGLAND, SWISS) and these teams have not surfaced ---- in fact so much so Rexy is scared that our players would be lured into complacency. But no chance, Rexy and the boys are prepared (they are more prepared now than before).

By the wayy, do you know the more you try to convince me the new dawn has not arrived, the more you sound like sour grapes.
    Well, first I must thank abedeng for being fair and neutral and supports some of the points I've mentioned.

There is no way that I feel like sour grapes as I have acknowledged that Malaysia has a more superior programme and a larger talent pool in place for a much longer period. In fact that was what I've stated in post #24:

"In that sense, Malaysian badminton has some way to go. As for Singapore, we are far behind even with the help of foreign imports. We just don't have the necessary numbers of our own to form a more reliable and consistent base, unlike even Malaysia with a smaller population compared to Indonesia and giant China."

As for your remark on according respect to this young pair, I have also done so in the same post as follows:

"I naturally join all badminton loving Malaysians in celebrating KKK/TBH's recent successes which culminated in their AE crown. That was an awesome performance by such a young pair in such a prestigious and competitive international as the AE! Mind you, it took some 20 long years since the last Malaysian men's doubles' AE victory."

Maybe you have not taken note of what I've written before you made your accusations.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loh
    Well, first I must thank abedeng for being fair and neutral and supports some of the points I've mentioned.

There is no way that I feel like sour grapes as I have acknowledged that Malaysia has a more superior programme and a larger talent pool in place for a much longer period. In fact that was what I've stated in post #24:

"In that sense, Malaysian badminton has some way to go. As for Singapore, we are far behind even with the help of foreign imports. We just don't have the necessary numbers of our own to form a more reliable and consistent base, unlike even Malaysia with a smaller population compared to Indonesia and giant China."

As for your remark on according respect to this young pair, I have also done so in the same post as follows:

"I naturally join all badminton loving Malaysians in celebrating KKK/TBH's recent successes which culminated in their AE crown. That was an awesome performance by such a young pair in such a prestigious and competitive international as the AE! Mind you, it took some 20 long years since the last Malaysian men's doubles' AE victory."

Maybe you have not taken note of what I've written before you made your accusations.

Abedeng and Loh, let us not go tit for tat. I can go on with this but I think I would give it a rest.

For me KKK-TBH have done their job, my view not yours. Let us keep it that way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No not Singapore again The way they were sent packing in AE is like quicker than the <FED EX> logo printed on team China's uniform
    But that's not the reason why i am here. How is Kendrick holding up? What? No more players after Kendrick Gee, i am very nervous on your behalf

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think this thread has been blown out of proportion. I would have to agree with X Ball that I think this is indeed a new dawn for Malaysia, because we now have a pair that are truly world beaters. They will lose sometimes, but I think they will dominate for the next few years. It is a new dawn because others will want to emulate these 2, it is a new dawn because racquet sells are going through the roof, it is a new dawn because our top players will draw strength from these successes. In this context, it is a new dawn.

Loh, I think Singapore is doing the best job in trying to keep up with Badminton powers. Offering a home to potential youngsters who have no chance in their own country is a very noble effort, this should be lauded and encouraged. X Ball, I think we have to acknowledge that Singapore has done some good work here. However, to be perfectly honest with you, if LCW is performing to his optimum standard, he would not have lost to Ronald. No offence, but LCW's repertoire of shots and skills should have overwhelmed Ronald, but the fact is, he made way too many mistakes whereas Ronald kept his cool.

Coming back to the issue, I think it would be better not to dampen the euphoria that we are feeling right now. Winning consistenly is something Malaysian badminton has been grappling for a number of years. X Ball, myself and lots of Malaysian badminton fans have been waiting for this moment for a long time....
    Last edited by wl2172; 03-28-2007 at 09:12 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

winning,prize money, fame etc to me is consolation .. sometime people judge a team and be happy by their winning tlttle.. i think that is secondary, primary is to judge a team by their perfomance . i.e , if LCW beat lin dan on the next tournament, can he beat lin dan again on the next coming tournament? here is the difference between winning on LCW and KKK.. y are coach and players in malaysia more happy than ever on KKK winning compare to LCW past winning?, because they know KKK pairing can continue winning and its all on their ability and skill..here is 1 that need to be proud of. this is said by my coach working in MSN and i totally agree with him,,

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4