New Dawn For Malaysian Badminton

Discussion in 'German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2007' started by X Ball, Mar 20, 2007.

1. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Now that Malaysia has got a MD champion in KKK-TBH, what will be the impact of this ? I would like to think the following will likely happen :

1. Other pairs will now also feel the confidence in their matches
    --- they will ride on the KKK-TBH's confidence
    --- more winners will come from the other pairs

2. LCW will now look at that and compare it to what he went thru when he
    was No.1 --- he will relive those moments and would want to regain that
    success. It could be a psychological boost for him knowing that his fella
    players can win big success like him -- it will definitely rejuvenate him.

3. Rexy gets a real kick out of this, he would be even more insistent that
    his methods work --- as such more players would follow his standards
    resulting in more success for Malaysia (and for Rexy).

4. BAM is finally getting some recognition after all the slaps in the face
    from so many failures -- getting blamed for almost everything of late.
    It will mean the Sports Ministry would be more tolerant and perhaps
    allow then to chase for more sponsors (and more money to take in more
    players). Chance of reserve players getting more chances overseas.

5. Malaysian fans are already ecstatic about the KKK-TBH factor. This site
    will be inundated with them --- like never before, every Malaysian seem
    to be speaking out here :D

What else can you think of ?

2. Konnichiwa

Konnichiwa Regular Member

Studente
    perhaps... the only thing i can see goo for dis malaysia team lah is KKK/ TBH. the other singlee has been struggle lately and it might be added pressure to see there colleagues winning and there not... ex. lee chong wei , beng hong, etc. they won 3 tournamentt and have many more... i dont see wat big fuss is about lahh. just my opinion and i hope KKK all da best as he my favorite player :D... bolEH..

3. madman

madman Regular Member

More like new dawn in stormy weather. Nonetheless, I agree it is a new dawn even though it is still dark and cold.......

4. Stealthboy

Stealthboy Regular Member

I.T.
    I think success breeds success all these top players have the shot's it's just all mental with them. For example the Australians at Cricket, they are mentally the best and they know how to be clinical. Hopefully it will spur the Malaysian's to challenge China. For a so called Badminton superpower they have not done much for a long period.

5. volcom

volcom Regular Member

The singles will still be no match for China nor in XD or WD.

6. Stealthboy

Stealthboy Regular Member

I.T.
    Mixed doubles is anyones game. I think a fit Roberrtson & Emms can beat anyone. Clarke & Kellogg are not too shabby either.

7. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Correction for you: MS, WD and especially WS, the rest of the world has no match against CHN.

8. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Landlording, providing vacation homes at Disney wo
    this is funny true. Who is the best WS player if CHN or ex-CHN excluded?

According to official IBF ranking, it is Petya NEDELTCHEVA from BULGARIA, and her best performance's just a winner for 1 star tournament. Who comes up in 2nd? It is Kaori Mori and her best performance was just a semi-finalist at China open.

9. jug8man

jug8man Regular Member

MultiTasked guy, Stress Addict, Leisure Bum, mad c
    I think the Macau 2006 champ is pretty good. She's not Asian but i'm not too sure if she's really serious about badminton.

10. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

It is interesting to note that TBH and KKK said they will not be awed by the fanfare surrounding their success. They will continue to keep a cool head and focus on winning more tournaments.

I think they will do just that as they are young and the money earned so far is pittance (even though the press made it sound like they have earned a lot, and we should not give them more money).

I think we need to give them money as incentives --- coz nothing is enough thse days, with cost of living so high. With RM 10,000 reward for each tournament won, I would say it is not "speaking anyone's language in great terms". They earned in the last 6 tournaments a total of RM 240,000 (RM 120,000 each) including the rewards. If they were playing tennis this would be 10 times more. Peter Gade is not impressed with the prizemoney for the All-England which is only US$200,000 when he claims it should be US$300K-US$500K, because prizemoney has not increased for many years.

To say that everyone might turn out like Hafiz or LCW if they are paid a lot would not be right. Look at all the top tennis players or basketball players who earned huge amounts but they still perform greatly week-in week-out. No amount is enough and not everyone is happy with just a little money and throw away their chances of being great and earning more money.

Just a littel bit to stir up the postings here.

11. tjl_vanguard

tjl_vanguard Regular Member

Student
    few hundred k in KL is definitely not enuf... buying a house will take away all their prize money for maybe still not enuf haha

12. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

They will get more sponsorships now and probably do a few ads.

Imagine KKK doing a hair advertisement --- shaves his hair and advertises a new cream that makes his hair grow back quickly.

TBH should advertise a health tonic/vitamin that made him win the ALL-England.

I think they can command a fortune if they get a good manager ---- think I will approach them to be their managers.:)

13. ckloo

ckloo Regular Member

It's self discipline that matters most.

Totally agreed with you by saying that $$ shouldn’t be the reason for one's performance falls. It is the player's determination, discipline and characteristics that determine whether he/she can keep up with the great performance.
    But I need to make some correction here, LCW recent performance falls is not because of money la…It’s because of his lack of confidence. But for that Yoyo HH, I think he really let the money and fame of winning AE2003 goes up to his head. No cure for him lor….. Poor guy:crying:

14. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    The next test for our doubles is to face the koreans. They have not prove their consistency yet against them.

15. jug8man

jug8man Regular Member

MultiTasked guy, Stress Addict, Leisure Bum, mad c
    Haha yeah.... have to prove againts the Koreans...

(Indonesian coaching MD team Malaysia) Rexy & Tan Kim Her (Malaysian coaching MD Team S. Korea) really seem to be the star coaches of this generation. perhaps a strong rivalry between coaches is developing here!!!!

cheers.
    TBBMBB(N)

16. JaCk™

JaCk™ Regular Member

I have faith in our Malaysians winning against the Koreans. No reason to fear them.

17. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Reply to CKLOO and X-Ball: a player's career is short, easy to say to train like hell, excel to be the world's best, and $ is secondary for winning is more important. One needs money to live on, when the players are past your prime and no longer winning, who supports them in old age...I am realistic but very true. CHN players, I believe are well taken off by the state, INA players, if they win like TH, the $ is big time, otherwise they are in the same boat as MAS. The reason the prize money is so small and not increased, as PG said, is there is lack of interest, from emoty stadiums to minimal sponsors, (only Yonex year in, year out, how many rackets can Yonex sell enough to increase prize money, after all why shoud Yonex increase the prize at all when there is no other sponsors besides Yonex), no TV broadcast in rich countries like North America and Europe (competition from soccer, basketball, etc)...as I said before, badminton is a regional Asian sport, dominated by CHN, INA, MAS, DEN and KOR, now seems like only VHN is dominating, and how many countries would like to see their players beaten up by CHN. If you include CHN, INA/MAS chinese and ex-CHN players playing for other countries, this game is almost totally chinese dominated. Actually, this game may not even survive being cut from Olympics one day. sad but true.:(

18. tjl_vanguard

Student
    they can do ads for maggi.. they are doing new ads now hahahaha :D

19. markchan

markchan Regular Member

Ya, I think thy shud be allowed to do advertisements to inflate their income. BTW are they considered professionals or still amateurs? If wanna maintain amateur status, then cannot do ads .

20. tjl_vanguard

Student
    i think... profession kua... haha :D