User Tag List

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Thanks for the info.

I'll look around for the TM350 - might not be available in HK or the price my be prohibitive (?) - The only disadvantage in the HDD is that the HDD might fail. Less chance of that with solid state media, right?

My friends have advised me to use Mac for the video editing. Any opinions on that?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hmm..

Quote Originally Posted by Cheung View Post
    ...The only disadvantage in the HDD is that the HDD might fail. Less chance of that with solid state media, right?

My friends have advised me to use Mac for the video editing. Any opinions on that?
    - There are good and bad abt recording into a HDD and using solid state media (like SD card).
    - And yes, the HDD might fail or just go kaput is one disadvantage.
    - On the other hand, an SD card (with currently a max. of 32 GB) is also limited in storage.
    I just checked one of my videos recorded at the highest HD quality, abt 10 minutes long, it would fill up abt 1.6 GB of storage space. If i calculate the storage capacity of a 32 GB SD card, it could store roughly abt 200 minutes (just over 3 hrs long) of the highest HD quality video recording.
    - Also, if one decides not to record into the HDD, then i wonder what is it for?
    A 32 GB SD card alone would cost around $80 (at minimum)..

- As for using Mac to do the video editing, are you planning to get one, too?? Personally, i've no experience w/using a Mac to edit videos. However, if that were actually true, then don't you think there would be much more people turning and buying a Mac, just to do the video editing??....
    Have you asked your friend what are the advantages of using a Mac over a PC, to do video editing?
    Oh, and i'd like to share this link (pretty much sums up the differences):
    http://www.poweroid-video-editing.co.../Mac_vs_PC.asp
    Last edited by ctjcad; 01-06-2010 at 03:50 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think SDHC cards are very cheap in Hong Kong. You can get a class 6, 32 GB SDHC card for about US$40. They will become even cheaper in a few months' time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    - As for using Mac to do the video editing, are you planning to get one, too?? Personally, i've no experience w/using a Mac to edit videos. However, if that were actually true, then don't you think there would be much more people turning and buying a Mac, just to do the video editing??....
    Have you asked your friend what are the advantages of using a Mac over a PC, to do video editing?
    Oh, and i'd like to share this link (pretty much sums up the differences):
    http://www.poweroid-video-editing.co.../Mac_vs_PC.asp
    How old is that article? Macs runs on Intel now. In fact, at some time, the fastest laptop to run Windows on is in fact a Macbook Pro (not sure if that's still true). I also find it imbalanced that the article points out that Mac's got iMovie and Final Cut and pointed out the "best editing software are available on PC" without specifically stating where to look.

I do not intend to start an OS or PC vs Mac war but a lot of such "expert" articles are written by fanboys (from both camps). Proceed with caution.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Sure..

Quote Originally Posted by taneepak View Post
    I think SDHC cards are very cheap in Hong Kong. You can get a class 6, 32 GB SDHC card for about US$40. They will become even cheaper in a few months' time.
    ..wow, is that for a 32 GB SDHC??..do they sell even cheaper in mainland China??
    Quote Originally Posted by weeyeh View Post
    How old is that article? Macs runs on Intel now. In fact, at some time, the fastest laptop to run Windows on is in fact a Macbook Pro (not sure if that's still true).
    ..sure. That may all be true and the article is outdated.
    That's why, considering all the tech is updated & similar, i'd like to know (the reason(s)) why Cheung's friend suggested to use a Mac to do the video editing..
    Last edited by ctjcad; 01-06-2010 at 01:24 PM.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I don't think 32Gb SDHC is that cheap yet!

3 hours recording capacity is better than the 1.5 hours I got at the moment!@! Again, it is all relative.

I do know people who have moved from PC to Mac specifically because the iMovie software has made it so easy. These are not the hard core movie makers but guys with families needing to record memories. They've found software available for PCs difficult to use and when they tried iMovie, it was straightforward.

So you see how desperately difficult it has been for some people to enjoy videoediting Pressure of work and family doesn't allow a person to spend time on multiple hobbies.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I see...fair enough..

Quote Originally Posted by Cheung View Post
    I do know people who have moved from PC to Mac specifically because the iMovie software has made it so easy. These are not the hard core movie makers but guys with families needing to record memories. They've found software available for PCs difficult to use and when they tried iMovie, it was straightforward.

So you see how desperately difficult it has been for some people to enjoy videoediting Pressure of work and family doesn't allow a person to spend time on multiple hobbies.
    ..so, does that mean you're gonna get a new Mac, too?..

..well, that's pretty understandable and i was also guessing it probably has to do with the software/program. I guess, the only person "qualified" enough to "judge" which program is "better" is ourselves, once we try them. Oh, and yes, PC has Windows Movie Maker (already installed if you have Windows XP) which (i've used it before, but not sure if you've used it before or not), supposedly, is also as easy as iMovie.

In any rate, here are a couple of links regarding which video editing software is "easier" or "more intuitive" to use:
    http://www.desktop-video-guide.com/t...re-review.html
    And (if you have time to read) here's an interesting discussion, on this same query, by some "experts"; a few surprising responses too; i like the very last suggestion:
    http://www.google.com/support/forum/...fafe&hl=en#all
    Last edited by ctjcad; 01-07-2010 at 03:31 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hkgolden shows that 32gb class 6 sdhc costs about hk$539 = us$70. us$40 right now sounds too good to be true.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question

sorry
    i am new to camcorder
    erm
    are hd / hdd = absolutely clear for recording badminton match?
    do we need to consider the mega pixel of the camcorder?
    maybe the question sound noob
    hope anyone can help

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ^^Dear limsy..^^

..i don't have the detailed answers to your queries, but hopefully this link will give a better explanation. Please let us know if you're still unclear after you read the link:
    http://www.camcorderinfo.com/d/Revie...level_c=HD.htm

Btw, yes, HD camcorder is (currently) the best for recording anything; not just baddy.
    Last edited by ctjcad; 01-12-2010 at 05:49 PM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

..i don't have the detailed answers to your queries, but hopefully this link will give a better explanation. Please let us know if you're still unclear after you read the link:
    http://www.camcorderinfo.com/d/Revie...level_c=HD.htm

Btw, yes, HD camcorder is (currently) the best for recording anything; not just baddy.
    as u would know
    i do read tru this whole thread
    and i do found taht link that un post before
    i already try to get info from there
    but as a beginner like me
    i dont think i understand
    ok,the only question remain is
    do mega pixels of camcorder need to be consider?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

megapixels is a digital still camera concept. for a fixed sensor size you can have a different pixel density = different megapixel count.

video resolutions are fixed. 1920x1080 "full hd" is always 2073600 pixels. there's no such thing as 4 megapixel full hd. common resolutions are 1920x1080 (full hd), 1280x720 (hd), 720x576/480 (pal/ntsc dvd), 320x288/240 (pal/ntsc vcd).

for video you also have to worry about progressive/interlaced recording. interlacing effectively means you only get half the vertical resolution compared to progressive scan.

hd and hdd are not related. hd (high definition) = any video with higher vertical resolution than dvd. hdd (hard disk drive) = a storage medium.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Mini Me View Post
    megapixels is a digital still camera concept. for a fixed sensor size you can have a different pixel density = different megapixel count.

video resolutions are fixed. 1920x1080 "full hd" is always 2073600 pixels. there's no such thing as 4 megapixel full hd. common resolutions are 1920x1080 (full hd), 1280x720 (hd), 720x576/480 (pal/ntsc dvd), 320x288/240 (pal/ntsc vcd).

for video you also have to worry about progressive/interlaced recording. interlacing effectively means you only get half the vertical resolution compared to progressive scan.

hd and hdd are not related. hd (high definition) = any video with higher vertical resolution than dvd. hdd (hard disk drive) = a storage medium.
    oh
    thanks alot^^
    i get it now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As a viewer, 720p seems to work better for action than 1080p probably due to the refresh rate. Not sure about exact specs but just my own observation as a viewer.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Dear limsy..

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    as u would know
    i do read tru this whole thread
    and i do found taht link that un post before
    i already try to get info from there
    but as a beginner like me
    i dont think i understand
    ok,the only question remain is
    do mega pixels of camcorder need to be consider?
    ..well, Mini Me is just too nice to give all the explanation...
    - Which part are you still confused about after reading that link? Hopefully you understand what are HD and HDD..
    - I was going to ask if you see any mention of megapixels count or not (on the specs) when you're shopping for a camcorder?
    If you don't see, then that's your answer.

In technical term, yes, there are pixels/megapixels involved when using a camcorder (although they don't generally mention it). Do you know a camcorder can take still pictures? And yes, when you take still pictures (or even recording), you'll be taking them in certain (mega)pixels:
    http://www.camcorderinfo.com/content...oduct-Tour.htm
    Quote Originally Posted by weeyeh View Post
    As a viewer, 720p seems to work better for action than 1080p probably due to the refresh rate. Not sure about exact specs but just my own observation as a viewer.
    ..720p sends full images 2x faster than 1080
    720p=60 full frames/images per second
    1080=half of that
    but
    for non-action images, picture quality is much better with 1080..
    Last edited by ctjcad; 01-13-2010 at 03:13 PM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

..well, Mini Me is just too nice to give all the explanation...
    - Which part are you still confused about after reading that link? Hopefully you understand what are HD and HDD..
    - I was going to ask if you see any mention of megapixels count or not (on the specs) when you're shopping for a camcorder?
    If you don't see, then that's your answer.

In technical term, yes, there are pixels/megapixels involved when using a camcorder (although they don't generally mention it). Do you know a camcorder can take still pictures? And yes, when you take still pictures (or even recording), you'll be taking them in certain (mega)pixels:

..720p sends full images 2x faster than 1080
    720p=60 full frames/images per second
    1080=half of that
    but
    for non-action images, picture quality is much better with 1080..
    thanks for every kind soul

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    thanks for every kind soul
    so how is it, limsy?

u wanna buy a HD Camcoder next and record some interesting matches in stadium putra?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast