User Tag List

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One issue with editing on the new Panasonics: if you're using a Mac, you can't import the 1080 50/60p footage. You'll just have to stick with 1080i. This is because the supplied HD Writer software, needed to import the files, is not compatible with Macs.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

question.

looking at some newer 1080p60 camcorders. i noticed that almost all of them only save the video in 1080p60. the only variable is the bitrate but not the resolution or frame rate.

so does that mean if i eventually wants, say 720p or even lower, i cannot record that directly from camera, but instead have post process it on the computer?

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pretty much yes ... Any particular model? Was checking a few out yesterday and the new JVC's look promising: Everio GZ-HM960 and HM845

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by demolidor View Post
    Pretty much yes ... Any particular model? Was checking a few out yesterday and the new JVC's look promising: Everio GZ-HM960 and HM845
    was looking at the higher end Panasonic. either the 750 or the 900.

does the JVC have mic/headphone in/out?

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Didn't think so no. Think all the "pro" features had been left out which is reflected in the price of the 845 in particular. Very much affordable 960 only has an extra 8GB internal and the 2D-to-3D conversion feature.
    http://www.trustedreviews.com/video/...io-GZ-HM960BEK It should be very good indoors ...

The Panasonics should be the best apparently with the 1080p mode standing out. Also read yesterday though you can pretty much only edit it with the Panasonic included software since it hardly supported by anything else yet. Kinda reminds me of the Sony a few years ago ...
    I see the Panasonic still has a viewfinder as well, another bonus imo. No energy sapping screen necessary when recording matches .
    Last edited by demolidor; 03-26-2011 at 03:29 PM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

at a minimal, i think mic input would be useful for some situation like a player interview or a kids performance where there is the issue with background noise. headphone out is less crucial but something nice to have.

i read that Premiere Pro can edit 1080p60 from the TM900.

hm... my birthday coming up soon......

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by demolidor View Post
    Didn't think so no. Think all the "pro" features had been left out which is reflected in the price of the 845 in particular. Very much affordable 960 only has an extra 8GB internal and the 2D-to-3D conversion feature.
    http://www.trustedreviews.com/video/...io-GZ-HM960BEK It should be very good indoors ...

The Panasonics should be the best apparently with the 1080p mode standing out. Also read yesterday though you can pretty much only edit it with the Panasonic included software since it hardly supported by anything else yet. Kinda reminds me of the Sony a few years ago ...
    I see the Panasonic still has a viewfinder as well, another bonus imo. No energy sapping screen necessary when recording matches .
    I think iMovie can now edit using 1080p.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the trouble was Panasonic use their own codec for 1080p mode rather than it having to do with 1080p in general. But I probably read it in the 700 review so could be outdated info by now and in the meanwhile support added by more programs like Premiere Pro as Kwun mentioned although instead of buying that software retail you could get another camera .
    Last edited by demolidor; 04-03-2011 at 08:08 AM.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ..i hope Cheung is able to digest those and is willing to try your suggestion. Cheung, are you down with it?..
    For myself, i'm fine with the program i've used & results. It's simple and i don't have to deal with using so many programs (yes, i've heard abt those programs before but personally prefer the simple way out).
    I tried reading about it but got lost in jargon! I'd like it simple as well and keep good quality for viewing on HDTV.

I tried iMovie but the mt2s file gets converted to some other intermediate that takes up huge files sizes.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by demolidor; 10-04-2011 at 05:20 AM.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was wondering if a few people could post their experiences taping badminton with their cameras? What was the image quality and sharpness like? Smoothness of movement? Audio quality?

I have a Sony DCR-SR42 HDD Camcorder (bought in 2008) and it is not very good for taking badminton videos. The video is fairly grainy and it is hard to make out fine details at distances of more than 10 metres.

I mainly use the camcorder to record myself training and/or playing at tournaments (to see how terrible my technique is!) I'm looking for a camera that has very sharp and smooth video. Audio is not too important.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Top of the line from a year after SR42: SR12 with 1/3" CMOS sensor

Versus something comparable to SR42 from yet another year later with comparably sized 1/6" CCD sensor

An easy more or less rule of thumb is: the more optical zoom, the smaller the sensor (and bigger is what you want). High Defintion and at least ~1/4" sensor is the way to go ...

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Anyone think to use new Sony camcorders?
    it has very interesting technology..

they combine a HANDYCAM with DSLR
    the result? Sony NEX-VG20

you can use DSLR lenses from other companies and not restricted to Sony
    imagine, using a camcorder with quality of DSLR camera o_0

SONY'S NEWEST HANDYCAM CAMCORDER BROADENS THE CREATIVE POSSIBILITIES FOR SHOOTERS

NEX-VG20 Camcorder Delivers Enhanced Full HD Video, Improved Audio and Ergonomics; E-mount Interchangeable Lens System with 16.1 Megapixels and AVCHD™ Progressive 24p/60p
    SAN DIEGO, Aug. 24, 2011 – The new HandycamŽ NEX-VG20 camcorder from Sony allows videographers to explore the artistic potential of the growing range of E-Mount lenses for shooting cinematic Full HD video and high-resolution still photos. The new camcorder offers several enhancements over Sony’s acclaimed NEX-VG10 – the world’s first consumer HD camcorder with interchangeable lenses – including comprehensive manual controls, improved imaging quality and upgraded sound. Significantly refined ergonomics include enhanced grips for balance and low-angle shooting, and a second record button, among many others.

“Whether you’re shooting video or stills, this camcorder’s large sensor rivals the expressive picture quality of a DSLR camera,” said Andy Bubala, director of camcorders at Sony Electronics. “We’ve also made several enhancements to deliver the type of camcorder that video enthusiasts will love.”

With a resolution of 16.1 effective megapixels, the camcorder’s Exmor™ APS HD CMOS sensor assures outstanding video image quality, with extremely low noise in low light. It also captures pristine 16 megapixel still photos, with RAW format support for all the post-processing flexibility that’s familiar to DSLR users. The sensor also allows the creation of background defocus ('bokeh') effects with a user’s E-mount lenses.

Full HD video shooting in the AVCHD™ format is now complemented by a choice of 24p and 60p (progressive) frame rate options. Footage shot at 24p can be enhanced with Cinema Tone Gamma™ and Cinema Tone Color™ for an even richer, more cinematic look.

Dialogue and other sounds are captured by the precision Quad Capsule Spatial Array Microphone that now supports stereo and 5.1 channel surround. The camcorder also offers a new audio level control.

Several ergonomic refinements let videographers shoot HD video and stills in even greater comfort. The camcorder’s handgrip has been redesigned for excellent stability. Allowing manual adjustment of exposure, iris and other settings, the control dial can now be accessed even when the LCD panel is closed.

The button layout now features “hard” function keys, direct access to each shooting mode (Iris, Shutter speed, Program AE), a second REC button for low-angle shots and expanded focus button – all located for intuitive operation so users don’t have to take their eyes away from the electronic viewfinder.

Shooters can frame and review footage on the three-inch (7.5cm) Xtra Fine LCD™ display that features TruBlack™ technology for clear, high contrast images. The screen can rotate up to a 270-degree range for easy framing in any position, even with the camera held low. A touch-panel simplifies fingertip operation of shooting functions.

The NEX-VG20H camcorder comes with the SEL18200 F3.5-6.3 E-mount lens. With a wide 11x optical zoom range and built-in Optical SteadyShot™ image stabilization, this versatile lens offers smooth, quiet autofocus operation during movie and still shooting.

A choice of seven E-mount lenses can cover virtually any shooting situation. The optional LA-EA2 lens mount adaptor provides even wider compatibility with the established family of A-mount optics. Sony is also planning to develop a third-party “eco-system” to allow consumers to use the camcorder with other brands’ lens assets.

The new camcorder is compatible with Sony’s Memory Stick PRO-HG™ Duo HX series as well as Sony’s full line of SD memory cards. Available in capacities up to 32 GB, both media enable necessary transfer speeds for stable and optimal performance of Sony hardware features such as full HD movie shooting.

The Handycam NEX-VG20H Full HD E-mount system camcorder will be available with a retail price of about $2,199. A body-only version, the NEX-VG20, will be available for $1,599.

The new camcorder will be available this November at Sony retail stores (
    www.store.sony.com ) as well as other authorized retailers throughout the Sony dealer network. For images and information, please visitwww.sony.com/news .

yeah the only downside that this thing cost $1600 without the lenses
    videos captured with NEX-VG20:
    http://vimeo.com/groups/nexvg20

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a Canon 60D
    What is a good lens to use for recording a game? Something that is wide angle enough to capture a full court from the stands?
    Opinions and suggestions are welcomed!

Thanks in advance

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't really know where to ask this so I'll ask it here

What would give the best results between 1080p at 30fps and 720p at 60fps when recording badminton matches?

And also, if I were to upload the said matches on YouTube, I assume the 60fps would be limited by YouTube but would it still look smoother than 1080p at 30fps?

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On a tripod I'd go for 1080p. YouTube has a 30fps limit iirc but it does still seem smoother to me if originally 50/60fps, smoother but perhaps not more "natural". Not sure actually when it comes to 1080p but I'm sure there are plenty of test samples out there to upload to Youtube and experiment with.
    Last edited by demolidor; 07-30-2012 at 05:45 AM.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast