User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi all, sorry 4 hijacking this tread but Im wondering if I buy Laserfibre MS200 ECO would 2 of the mentioned YY and HiQua clamps be all I need to start stringing rackets?
    Assuming no fixed clamps, a minimum of 2 fly clamps are needed to string a badminton racket. However, it is recommended to have 4 fly clamps especially when stringing the mains to minimize tension loss.

Good luck with buying an LF machine (assuming brand new)...hopefully you won't go through any sales headaches. There is quite a comprehensive thread on the MS200 posted here:
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...ighlight=MS200

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DarthHowie
    Good luck with buying an LF machine (assuming brand new)...hopefully you won't go through any sales headaches. There is quite a comprehensive thread on the MS200 posted here
    This is why I didn't end up going for LF... I read about the wonderful product, however if support is lacking in any manner, I can not bring myself to put money down on it.

Its a shame too, seemed like everything was going wonderfully with the company

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally I feel their product is overated. There ARE tension differences between angles although they've minimized it. The support system I don't find good enough. In theory it is correct, in application deforming can still happen. a badminton racquet frame is like a 5th of a tennis racquet's. It was clearly not designed for badminton although for competition purposes they made it possible to do so. Their fixed clamps SUCK. Lots of drawback. The only thing they've done right to me, is the CS when you have it, and the best pair of flying clamps in the world bar none.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It's very unfortunate that you didn't convert your machine when you purchased the ECO. The six-point internal support system has been working quite well for Howie and myself. I find two pulls for each string REALLY minimize the tension difference. One pull to stretch the string and a second pull to tension it.

Quote Originally Posted by fishmilk
    Personally I feel their product is overated. There ARE tension differences between angles although they've minimized it. The support system I don't find good enough. In theory it is correct, in application deforming can still happen. a badminton racquet frame is like a 5th of a tennis racquet's. It was clearly not designed for badminton although for competition purposes they made it possible to do so. Their fixed clamps SUCK. Lots of drawback. The only thing they've done right to me, is the CS when you have it, and the best pair of flying clamps in the world bar none.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well Tim didn't recommend it. My machine is only the Standard, so I'd have to switch both the head and throat plate. Also I do tennis as well, so that means an additional throat plate.

The speed is lacking like we've talked about.

I'm sure you'll agree with me that the excellent CS they had is diminishing. Maybe they'll pull themselves together, maybe not. I didn't want to be stuck with a machine I may not be able to get warranty, service or parts for later on.

All in all it just seemed like this is the better choice.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Pic of yonex and HQ springs

here's the pics you requested fishmilk
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Howie! I'm suprised the Yonex is rated so poorly. The coils look pretty tight and strong, but its too bad it's not a bit longer like the Hi-Qua's. Then you'd have one UBER flying clamp!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually like the YY clamps..i find they grip tighter then my HQ clamps.. I prefer using the HQs (4 fly clamps) for the mains and YYs for crosses... now i just need one more YY clamp cause i only have one =( I think i'll pick up one when I'm back in vancouver over the easter holidays..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

In that case, we get to pound on the bird when you are in town . Did you get a Gamma badminton flying clamp?

Quote Originally Posted by DarthHowie
    I actually like the YY clamps..i find they grip tighter then my HQ clamps.. I prefer using the HQs (4 fly clamps) for the mains and YYs for crosses... now i just need one more YY clamp cause i only have one =( I think i'll pick up one when I'm back in vancouver over the easter holidays..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3