Language between coach and player

Discussion in 'Professional Players' started by ixory, Mar 21, 2007.

1. ixory

ixory Regular Member

Could anyone tell me what language do coaches communicated with their player.How Tan Kim Her interact it his player coz most of the korean couldn't speak english,also like PJB who coach Japanese player ??.How they communicated with each other??Could anyone mind to share with me??;)

2. JaCk™

JaCk™ Regular Member

They cannnot understand english? i think they should at least know some english. if not, a korea interpreter will help to translate Tan Kim Her words.

3. Dummey

Dummey Regular Member

Student
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't english one of the languages taught during school in most of Korea?

4. Syaoran_Style

Syaoran_Style Regular Member

PJB now speaks Japanese if i remember !

5. event

event Regular Member

Two members of Korea's coaching staff speak both Korean and Chinese. I don't know whether Tan communicates with his players in English or not.

6. weeyet

weeyet Regular Member

Engineer / Freelance pianist
    I think the Koreans hire interpreters... Thats how Li Mao communicated with the players when he first worked there befroe Malaysia

7. angelatby

angelatby Regular Member

Architect Assistant, Piano Teacher
    Wat? means translator? How, when over-reacted & need to talk at once, how to control, or ask a translator to translate at once, it would be a tough job to do so !! haha

8. angelatby

angelatby Regular Member

I thought usually should be Coaches who r multi-dialect, because it is almost quite impossible to ask a player to learn new language, Coach suppose to learn new language in order to adapt themselves isnt ? Haha, or maybe a thorough research is done eg, hire a coach after they make sure the coach can communicate with the players. Good Topic to discuss though :eek:

9. blazingchaos

blazingchaos Regular Member

im nort sure. i know that in msia the coaches speak to their malay players in malay. their chinese players like lee chong wei in chinese and other chinese players like wong mew choo and wong choon hann in cantonese. i know that misbun sidek speaks malay to chong wei during training cos i went for training at his training centre twice last year.

10. JaCk™

JaCk™ Regular Member

Hiring a interpreter can't help to motivate players. players need to see the expression from coach to get motivation. sometimes, a interpreter is just too 'numb'. cannot send the actual motivation message to players

11. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    get rexy as interpreter from English to Malay Language.....he'll be the best motivator/translator even if the coach's expression is numb.:p:p:p:p:p

12. angelatby

angelatby Regular Member

I dont think Rexy communicate in English, he speaks Indon, the time during Malaysia Open, i over-heard his conversation with some players but really couldnt understand his Malay :rolleyes:

13. angelatby

angelatby Regular Member

Players still need to get message through conversation

14. event

event Regular Member

I wouldn't be surprised if he found it more convenient to communicate with Malaysian players in Bahasa Indonesia, but he would have needed to communicate in English when he coached in England, would he not?

Speaking of the English team, Lee Jae-bok definitely speaks English, and communicates in it with the players on the English squad but I'm sure that is obvious to many here, considering the coaching materials he has produced in his second language. Kim Young-man, Korean coach at the BWF World Training Centre in Saarbrucken, communicates with his players in English as well.

The Korean team has a Chinese trainer who has lived in Korea for over 3 years and now speaks Korean.

15. JaCk™

JaCk™ Regular Member

ahar, you overheard.. you eavesdropping.. haha.. just joking. but it's true he speaks indonesia language to players except 'Come on boys, fight'.