Bay Area 24 hr Badminton...when will it happen?

Discussion in 'USA West' started by drowsysmurf, Mar 21, 2007.

1. drowsysmurf

drowsysmurf Regular Member

Make ppl happy O_O
    San Gabriel Valley Badminton club is 24 hrs. I see now that Bellevue Badminton Club up in Washington is also 24 hrs with 24x7 cardkey access. Can I ask why no badminton club in the bay area has started the 24 hr access yet? :crying: I'm still rooting for 24 hr badminton on Friday and Saturday nights :p

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    the restrictions for getting a permit often dictates how late a business can be open to the public. if i remember correctly, one of the local gym owners told me that they are supposed to be close by 11pm due to their permit. i presume unless the owner have applied for 24hr operation, they won't be able to easily switch to 24hrs.

3. drowsysmurf

Make ppl happy O_O
    yeah... that i know. cupertino has a no 24 hr business (no negotiations). milpitas (smash city) can have 24 hr business cuz landess has 24 hr burger king, 24 hr pho hoa, 24 hr...something else. but i guess it is a lot more expensive to get a 24 hr business license. :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: no 24 hr badminton in bay area ever?

4. Viper2005

Viper2005 Regular Member

Play Badminton Everyday!
    Maybe on your next birthday wish or christmas wish, otherwise, keep on dreaming.....:D :D :D

5. hybridragon

hybridragon Regular Member

Student
    I would take a vacation to that '24 hour' gym in the bay area if it ever happened. But it is interesting to see if anyone will follow SGVBC's example of making a badminton gym that's open for 24 hours a day. I hope it happens sometime in the near future.

6. Dummey

Dummey Regular Member

Student
    It'd be cool if BC opened one XD

7. drowsysmurf

Make ppl happy O_O
    yeah... go bc... open 24 hr ;) or u can take over their business (which ever bay area club) after they close for the day and give them a certain percentage of the profit :rolleyes: yeah... i'm dreaming... oh well :p

8. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Hmm, i'm wondering...

...if there is/are community/city up in NorCal which will allow a badminton gym or let alone a business to operate 24-hrs???...It's a bit strange to think that there is/are none..:confused: ..If there is & they open one up, i wonder what effect(s) will that have on the other already established gyms??..Will the 24-hr one gain more customer??..:confused:

9. drowsysmurf

Make ppl happy O_O
    it might, but i doubt it will gain that much more cuz it would be mostly fanatics that would be there at that time. most of their customers i doubt are fanatics. and even if fanatics... i think u'd only attract fanatics within about 1 hr drive from the target point.

10. Dummey

Dummey Regular Member

Student
    There are actually a lot of places that allow 24/7. It's just about location, most of these places are in warehouse districts that are away from freeways and stuff.