ruling needed...

Discussion in 'Rules / Tournament Regulation / Officiating' started by p3rc_, Mar 21, 2007.

1. p3rc_

p3rc_ Regular Member

ok so im on the sideline the other day watchin a casual MD game happening and one side (attacking side) hits the bird in such a manner that it would be out, however the bird hits the post and bounces back in OVER the net, landing on the other side.. they scored it as a point to the attacking side... is that right?

also i was making one of those serves where ur standing at the short service line and the furthest edge with the idea of serving to their rear court center, however they opposing side's partner was sorta dazed out and got hit in the forehead by my serve, they awarded my side the point tho i did offer to reserve since he didnt seem like he was ready... if he WAS ready would that ruling be right?

thnx

2. Neil Nicholls

Neil Nicholls Regular Member

3. jerby

jerby Regular Member

well, if the posts are vollyball-posts (some clubs use those) instead of the regular 1.5xm high ones they club could/should have their own rules..

in essence, it's in...

4. Loopy

Loopy Regular Member

Interesting ruling about hitting the post, but I have my doubts.
    If I hit a wall and it bounces back to the court, does that also mean it's a point for me?
    The post is normally far enough from the sidelines so that when you hit it, it is clear it would have been out...

5. CWB001

CWB001 Regular Member

No. The post must be placed on the doubles line (according to law 1.5) and if the shuttle touches a wall it is a fault according to law 13.3.6.

As Jerby says, if you are playing in a hall with some non-regulation posts you will have to have local rules to deal with it - possibly a let if you hit something sticking up above the net and a fault of the post is outside the court.

6. p3rc_

p3rc_ Regular Member

the place was a community gym, so the posts were about 6 iches outside of the court

they pretty much pulled a quick one on the other side... maybe wat they saw wasnt wat i saw.. or vice versa