malaysian single players

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by gemini12, Mar 22, 2007.

1. gemini12

gemini12 Regular Member

We are proud of our recent double players success. Tan Boon Heong and Koo Kien Kiat certainly make us proud. Their success have make even their coach Rexy famous.What the fomulae of their success.

Why is it that we are unable to produce the same success in singles? Countries like Indonesia hv Taufik. China hv Lin Dan but is our Lee Chong Wei in the same league as them ?

2. taufikk

taufikk Regular Member

Well their fomulae is hard work and determination and age too I think..younger players are usually stronger..we used to have Rashid Sidek who was just as good as taufik and lin dan but I think we should give lee CW a chance to improve..he's struggling right now..but he is in the same league with the top players from china & indonesia

3. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    Premier League = LD, TH....

2nd Division = CJ, CY, BCL, LCW.....

LCW used to be up there with LD n TH.......i hate to say this but im afraid that he is at the bottom of 2nd division now.

2 possible reasons:
    1- He got lucky before but not anymore. He is just not as good as the top ones. OR
    2- He got unlucky (pressure, leaving of LM etc.) recently and will be at the top with LD again........OR

My guess is 1.

LCW may have the best skills in carrying out all those impossible and fancy shots but please keep in mind that all those are just more to entertaining rather than killing shots that will lead him to win a match. Most of the time those fancy shots cause him to make much more unforced errors than to win a rally.

But being a Malaysian, I hope that I will be forced to swallow my own words and LCW can be at the top again. We'll see......time will tell.

4. JaCk™

JaCk™ Regular Member

when will Kuan Beng Hong improve or get kick out from BAM??

5. taufikk

taufikk Regular Member

one of these days kuan beng hong will be kicked out..BAM have given him too many chances..

6. JaCk™

JaCk™ Regular Member

Kuan Beng Hong does not seemed to improve. Why huh?? Lee Chong Wei is still ok because he still can match those top players.

7. virtualkidneys!

virtualkidneys! Regular Member

lee chong wei can never finish off his rallies cuz from what i saw of the hong kong open vid against lin dan he never ever smashs the shuttle down, he plays all these fancy drop shots which never seem to work.

8. JaCk™

JaCk™ Regular Member

he has difficulty making a smash at the position. the only way is for him to practise smashing from awkward positions at baseline

9. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    my guess is that he doesnt have the attacking power in him......he is more to a rally player than an attacking player. 15 points system suits him better.

10. JaCk™

JaCk™ Regular Member

LCW has no choice and MUST adapt himself to the 21 point system now. Improve more on aggresion..

11. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    LCW should refer to FHF in how to induce powerful smashes, continuously.....LCW has everything else except that.....

12. JaCk™

JaCk™ Regular Member

LCW cannot learn all from FHF. FHF recovers very slow from smash although he has a powerful smash. if LCW recovers slow, the opponent will simply counter attack LCW. LCW should learn from Lin Dan or Taufik rather than FHF.

13. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    But i dont think they will teach LCW that as there is a conflict of interest there......

14. JaCk™

JaCk™ Regular Member

No lar.. Lin Dan might not teach Chong Wei. But taufik is Chong Wei good friend.. Hope both of them will train together at KLRC. SO far, very quiet and no news..

15. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    the talk on TH joining KLRC has been quite some time already......and yet stil no news about it. If TH joins KLRC, who wil he be presenting in tournaments??INA or MAS? If they can train together, it should benefits LCW.

16. JaCk™

JaCk™ Regular Member

Taufik will continue to represent Indonesia. KLRC only provides sponsorship and Taufik must train in KLRC. That's the condition.

17. gemini12

gemini12 Regular Member

Lee Chong Wei has the talent and the ability and i hope he is able to pick himself up again.

He is very humble and he takes his defeats badly. I hope with our support he is able to overcome whatever hurdle he has to face. Maybe his girlfriend, WMC is able to help him.

Do u think we are able to find a talent single player in the near future like what we have found in TBH and KKK in the double. I think Malaysia needs a booster in the single department.

What about the Ladies? Wong Mew Choo seem to be coming up but what about her downline? Our women have not been able to make a mark in the international badminton. Why is it our mens are so good but our women are not?

18. JaCk™

JaCk™ Regular Member

give Julia Wong and Lydia Cheah some time. they will be our line up for the future uber cup.. just wait and see. lydia cheah is very talented given her age now. i think some normal boy players will lose to her too.

19. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    just get the gals to train with the guys.....then everything wil be different. including the coach too.

20. winnie

winnie Regular Member

they did that already.. if not mistaken, i think i read it somewhere that wong pei thye and her partner did practice with the guys..not sure about the single players