User Tag List

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

U had a ride in the New Rolls Royce? or the Old Bentely? I love their on board sound system and the Champagne cabinet. HEhe too bad i'm not an Auto car person. Just like cars but no knowledge in them. hehehe..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Clarke Quay and Reverse Bungy Jump

We do have the Reverse Bungy Jump at one end of Clarke Quay, next to the Singapore River.

Clarke Quay has been transformed from old warehouses and two-and-three-storey shophouses into a rather pleasant and exciting entertainment hub, complemented with both indoor and outdoor eateries alongside the Singapore river. "Outdoors" may not be the best word to describe it now as the rows of open lanes and streets within its compound are now covered by giant hi-tec transparent umbrellas to shut out the sun and rain and to keep the place comfortable with cool air and mist emitted from time to time.

A new music, bar and wine joint,The Ministry of Sound which occupies a relatively large space, will tantalized the eyes with its ambience and psychedelic lighting treatment within, not unlike that for the now defunct Crazy Horse that stood just a short distance away at the beginning of the year. I dare say Clarke Quay has now surpasssed even Boat Quay further up the river for its entertainment, alfresco dining and general atmosphere.

But there is also Robertson Quay, from similar humble beginnings as both Boat and Clarke Quays, which forms the third part of the Singapore River further inwards that will also be given the same facelift. Time will tell how RQ will turn out to be! Hopefully, it will be slightly different with unique niches to fill.

Now Singapore is no more dull and grey. It will be alive, vibrant and active with the young and matured enjoying themselves in the evenings, particularly after a hard day's work!
    Attached Images Attached Images                                                    

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by abedeng
    Ah, but you guys are shopping for the "wrong" things, things that everyone else wants. I go to SG often too, with my auto club mates, we congregate at spare parts shops (cheaper than MY even after conversion) n mingle with our SG brethen often.

Just returned from the "Phantom" experience .....
    Do you mean "Phantom of the Opera" that Broadway musical still showing at the Esplanade? I was there last Friday.

On second thoughts, I don't think you mean that.
    Last edited by Loh; 04-27-2007 at 12:44 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad
    ..even the shopping centers in and around Orchard Rd. are packed wall to wall, esp. @ Takashimaya and those large malls..Some tourists(and even a few of my acquaintances) from other countries, who were spending their Christmas and New Year's holidays in S'pore, even found it difficult to shop and buy any items with the mass of people going elbow to elbow and bumper to bumper, rushing in & out with their purchases; some even complained as most of the items they were looking to purchase were either gone or been left with nothing much to choose from...One thing they have to say: Christmas & New Year's holiday is definitely not a good time to visit & shop @ Orchard Rd..
    Didn't I tell you physical size is a problem in tiny Singapore?
    But I'm sure the owners don't mind such scenes repeating year after year and the registers go on ringing incessantly!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ants
    U had a ride in the New Rolls Royce? or the Old Bentely? I love their on board sound system and the Champagne cabinet. HEhe too bad i'm not an Auto car person. Just like cars but no knowledge in them. hehehe..
    Well Singapore is going to have its F1 racing to complement Malaysia's and Autralias's. I'm sure motor enthusiasts like abendeng will welcome it! And XBall must come more often to Singapore to find real gems at even lower prices than in Malaysia, as abendeng has managed to do!

Yet another reason to visit Singapore!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ants
    Well I do agree that Orchard Road looks nice during Xmas. However i realised nowadays the road doesnt look as nice in terms of the decos compare to years ago where it used to look more colorful and Big huge decors.
    Yeah I also like the decos of past years better. But then this year they may come up with something more agreeable...hopefully.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by abedeng
    Ah, but you guys are shopping for the "wrong" things, things that everyone else wants. I go to SG often too, with my auto club mates, we congregate at spare parts shops (cheaper than MY even after conversion) n mingle with our SG brethen often.
    abedeng, do you join the car races held at National Stadium Carpark (next to Singapore Indoor Stadium)? The next session is on Sunday May 20, 2007. Expect to see lots of Evos and WRXs there (not forgetting the race queens)
    http://www.mptmotor.com/events.htm

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loh
    Yet another reason to visit Singapore!
    Uncle Loh aka SG ambassador, wat time r u gonna be at Kallang on May 1st? I think it's only qualifying rounds, so no "superstars" on courts.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo
    Uncle Loh aka SG ambassador, wat time r u gonna be at Kallang on May 1st? I think it's only qualifying rounds, so no "superstars" on courts.
    Yeah what do you suggest?

Who are the names worth watching for. Details?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uncle Loh, I dont have the schedule for the qualifying rounds. I'll check out with my frens and text u to confirm. If no big names worth watching, we go down and play lor....

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/sp...406&day=114409

A number of the Singapore players have to play in the qualifying rounds eg. Fu Mingtian, Gu Juan, Ricky, Chayut etc.

Other familiar faces playing in the qualifying rounds:

Zhou Mi (Hong Kong) - WS
    Cheng Shao Chieh (Taiwan top womens singles player) - WS
    Wong Choon Hann (Malaysia) - MS
    Kuan Beng Hong (Malaysia) - MS
    Nguyen Tien Minh (Vietnam) - MS - top vietnamese player, lost to Susilo in Round 3 last year
    Sigit Budiarto (Indonesia) - MD - My Idol
    Zhang Jun (China) - MD
    Zheng Bo (China) - MD
    Xie Zhongbo - (China) - MD
    Sudket (Thailand) - MD
    Jens Ericksen (Sweden) - XD
    Last edited by Sealman; 04-27-2007 at 04:43 AM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you mean "Phantom of the Opera" that Broadway musical still showing at the Esplanade? I was there last Friday.

On second thoughts, I don't think you mean that.
    Yeah, good thing we had a public holiday yesterday, so I needed to only take one day off .....

Apparently, quite a number of my friends went too, met a few of them.

Sorry Antz, don't think I'm high and mighty enough to hitch a ride on the other "Phantom" ....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sealman
    http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/sp...406&day=114409

A number of the Singapore players have to play in the qualifying rounds eg. Fu Mingtian, Gu Juan, Ricky, Chayut etc.

Other familiar faces playing in the qualifying rounds:

Zhou Mi (Hong Kong) - WS
    Cheng Shao Chieh (Taiwan top womens singles player) - WS
    Wong Choon Hann (Malaysia) - MS
    Kuan Beng Hong (Malaysia) - MS
    Nguyen Tien Minh (Vietnam) - MS - top vietnamese player, lost to Susilo in Round 3 last year
    Sigit Budiarto (Indonesia) - MD - My Idol
    Zhang Jun (China) - MD
    Zheng Bo (China) - MD
    Xie Zhongbo - (China) - MD
    Sudket (Thailand) - MD
    Jens Ericksen (Sweden) - XD
    Oh then we must go down and support our Singapore players at least.

So what time you're going there Sealman?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LIN DAN OF COURSE>... he didnt come for 2 years... I MISS HIM hahaha
    any kind soul please inform me the time when lin dan match starts .. because i have school and i really cannot do anything about it..

im really desprate to watch lin dan play all his matches especially.. haizz

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I thought..

Quote Originally Posted by jermaine
    LIN DAN OF COURSE>... he didnt come for 2 years... I MISS HIM hahaha
    any kind soul please inform me the time when lin dan match starts .. because i have school and i really cannot do anything about it..

im really desprate to watch lin dan play all his matches especially.. haizz
    ..he came in 2005? ..But I believe he lost to Taufik in the Semifinal, which i also witnessed..

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What's wrong with SBA?

If you have the contacts,Loh, maybe you can convey these queries:
    1. Why can't they schedule TWO days for qualifying like the SWO 07 and what IO07 is doing?

The hallmark of a good tournament is when well fought matches are maximised and that should include giving qualifiers a chance of playing well in the main draw instead of being half dead in the 1st round esp. MS.

Simon Santoso might not have made it to the finals if the Swiss had not taken the trouble to spread qualifying over two days. (I'm glad hcyong suggested the idea) And they were rewarded for their efforts in fair play: The MSF was watchable and decent quality.(Compared to AE07 MSF ;totally unwatchable and effectively a waste of time.)
    2. Why are the 2nd and 3rd MS qualifying matches so close?The winners may have only one hour rest in between.Shouldn't they schedule the 3rd MS as the last matches of the day?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pjswift
    If you have the contacts,Loh, maybe you can convey these queries:
    1. Why can't they schedule TWO days for qualifying like the SWO 07 and what IO07 is doing?

The hallmark of a good tournament is when well fought matches are maximised and that should include giving qualifiers a chance of playing well in the main draw instead of being half dead in the 1st round esp. MS.

Simon Santoso might not have made it to the finals if the Swiss had not taken the trouble to spread qualifying over two days. (I'm glad hcyong suggested the idea) And they were rewarded for their efforts in fair play: The MSF was watchable and decent quality.(Compared to AE07 MSF ;totally unwatchable and effectively a waste of time.)

2. Why are the 2nd and 3rd MS qualifying matches so close?The winners may have only one hour rest in between.Shouldn't they schedule the 3rd MS as the last matches of the day?
    I agree with you that the qualifiers are not given much of a chance with the exception of Simon so far. For that, Simon has proven himself and justified for entering the main draw direct for future SS, unless he makes a blunder along the way.

It could be the time and cost factor that the organisers are not willing to extend the qualifying period to two days. Maybe just a question of economics. Quite understandably, they want to concentrate on the main draw where the big stars are scheduled to play. The qualifying rounds serve as avenues for the lesser players to make some headway. It is not the main stage where most interest (including fans, sponsorship and media) is attracted, so I presume qualifiers are less important to the organizers.

But at least qualifiers are given a chance to prove themselves just as Simon did. To ask for more qualifying days so that they may have more time to rest may not gel well with teh organisers.

But it is sad to see Wong Choong Han still struggling to raise his ranking to be
    admitted direct to the main draw. Wonder how WCH will fare this time in the SO. Admittedly, standards are relatively higher even in the qualifiers.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast