Results 1 to 1 of 1
03-23-2007, 03:32 PM #1
- Join Date
- Apr 2002
- Santa Clara, California, United States
- 78 Post(s)
- 3 Thread(s)
World Class Badminton comes to Leicester!
posting on behalf:
Class Badminton Exhibition Sunday 3rd June
A highly prestigious badminton mixed doubles event involving Nathan Robertson, Gail Emms, Anthony Clark and Donna Kellogg will take place at Parklands Leisure, Banquetting and Conference Centre in Oadby, Leicester LE2 5QG (Tel. 01162 - 720789) on Sunday 3rd June one week before the World Team Championships (Sudirman Cup) in Glasgow.
I am sure you will be aware of the profile of these players but I will remind you anyway - Nathan & Gail are sporting celebrities and are the current Olympic silver medalists, World Champions (Sep 06), European Champions (April 06) Commonwealth Champions (May 06). Anthony Clark & Donna Kellogg are current National Champions having beaten Nathan & Gail at the end of Jan this year in Manchester, they are World silver medallists (Sep 06 lost to Nathan & Gail) Commonwealth bronze medallists, European bronze medalists and very recently runners up in the Yonex All England Open.
It will be an all ticket affair with 500 tickets available to the public at a cost of £15 adults/£7.50 under 18's.
Their will be a number of manufacturers exhibiting badminton equipment which can be viewed and purchased on the day.
I will act as Master of Ceremonies and the programme for the event will be:
1. 1pm - Doors open to public. Get there early for a front row seat as it is unreserved seating!!!!
2. 2pm - Mixed doubles match - Nathan Robertson & Gail Emms versus Anthony Clark & Donna Kellogg; a re-enactment of the World Championships September 2006 in Madrid - Nathan & Gail won/ repeat of the Nationals January in Manchester - Anthony & Donna won!.
3. Followed by half an hour of the audience invited onto court by me - one male (to partner Gail) and one female (to partner Nathan) for a short game upto 9 points (rally point scoring). Nathan & Gail will be rotated with Anthony & Donna between audience members selected by me - always one male to partner Gail or Donna and one female to partner Nathan or Anthony.
4. Followed by a raffle for players rackets (raffle tickets will be offerred for sale on entry and during the half hour of audience participation)
5. Finish off with autograph signing on court (circa 4pm)
Anyone requiring tickets should complete the attached application and forward to the address given by 18 May latest. Please don't forget to enclose a 1st class stamped addressed envelope. Further details can be obtained by contacting George Frith (Event organiser) on tel. 07796 - 593887.
This event is expected to sell out therefore it is advised to apply early.
The proceeds will go to LOROS (a local based charity for the serious and terminally ill) and the NSPCC.
This event has received Badminton England sanction
By Badie in forum Canada EastReplies: 0: 07-22-2011, 11:47 PM
By Loh in forum General ForumReplies: 7: 02-16-2011, 09:17 AM
By GGManagement in forum Golden Gate Badminton Club ( GGBC )Replies: 6: 04-16-2010, 06:05 PM
By kwun in forum UKReplies: 0: 03-28-2009, 12:47 AM
By 2cents in forum Swiss Open 2006 / German Open 2006Replies: 34: 01-10-2006, 08:28 AM