2002 yonex

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by cooler, Dec 4, 2001.

1. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    No, i haven't seen them yet, i live in north america. New yonex products come to here about 8+ months later after Asia.
    So,may i ask, typically on which months do u people in japan, HK, and se asian countries expect to the 2002 yonex stuffs to show up in the stores?

for example, discussion on mp100 was started back in nov/2000 and yonex canada got the mp100 in late june/2001.

Someone hinted yonex might incorporate Magnesium construction in the racket and i was just anxious to learn about them. I hope it would be in alloy form and not some decoration like the ti-mesh.

2. Don

Don Regular Member

It would be in alloy form. My Karakal SSL-70 racquet is made of magnesium composite so I would think Yonex would do something along the lines of that.

3. cooler

cooler Regular Member

your statement seem contradictory, alloy is not composite, can u clarify?

4. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer
    Maybe it's just my poor English, but an alloy is a mix of two metals, right? While a composite could be a mix of metal and graphite, for instance?

5. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT
    In Japan, you can start getting products published in 2002 catalog since late 2001. In HK, you can get them approximately 1-2 months after (of course, through parallel import merchants, not officialy Yonex distributor).

As far as I remember, I haven't seen any new racquet from Yonex which incorporate Magnesium in the 2002 catalog.

6. cooler

cooler Regular Member

ricky: thanks for your update

mag: yes, alloy is a homogeneous blend of several metals. The term composite is more general and loosely use to cover wider range of material made from various material, both homogeneous and non-homegeneous. Even sandwiched layers of different metals are referred as composite and not alloy. However, in badminton, i don't think the actual carbon fiber is part of the ingredient when the maker refer the frame as composite. It was referring to its plastic resin compound.

I think yonex can make better cab8 if they use better grade of Al alloy.