Thread: KKK-TBH on Astro AEC
03-24-2007, 11:36 AM #1
KKK-TBH on Astro AEC
KKK-TBH will be on Astro AEC!
03-25-2007, 07:05 AM #2
Ya. KOO-TAN will be on AEC tonight. So don't miss out the exlusive interview from them tonight.
03-25-2007, 10:34 AM #3
watched, i like it a lot. quite touching when tbh parent's talked about their financial position, sacrificed so that thb could realise his potential.
03-25-2007, 10:39 AM #4
They should have interviewed Rexy too!
Without the inspiration from Rexy, they are nowhere near the stage they are at now!
03-25-2007, 10:40 AM #5
Agree with Kamen, i been toched by his parent.
03-25-2007, 10:48 AM #6
And also the part when TBH's mum said how much she misses TBH but she dare not tell TBH because she wanted TBH to concentrate!!
Anyone recorded it?? And if you're free enough, perhaps can pls translate it into English?..
03-25-2007, 11:22 AM #7
It's a nice interview session... and nope.. no recorder also la. Wish I can record it.
As usual, my mandarin not so good. But hope to share what I understand (and hope it's the right info) from the show with all. And if anyone got a video of it.. pls do upload
- both of them looked so cute when they were kids. I think TBH looked cuter.
- KKK wore very nerdy thick glasses when he was young. His mom was wondering why this kid dun watch TV. The fact is... he can't see anything He was then sent for eye check up.
- KKK's siblings used to play badminton and he'll just tag along
- TBH started playing at about 7 years old and will go to the badminton hall to collect used shuttlecocks.
- TBH's mom sent him to competitions by bicycle. He lost, and he blamed his mom that it's all because she was there. From there on, she never go to any of his tournaments... but will be happy to go if he invite her to go. On the other hand, TBH said sometimes he asked her to go and she didn't want to go. All she wanted was for him to concentrate fully on his game but she'll keep on supporting him.
- TBH's father worked very hard to support TBH. They were poor at that time. He spent most of his earnings on TBH's training. When he has to sent him to Selangor, he even have to do extra work.
- TBH's mom was so sad when TBH was sent to Selangor. She cried everyday.. he's the only son. (i find this so sweet) - TBH's dad would come back from work, and bring her out for a ride on the bike.. tried to cheer her up (awwww). She missed him so so much.
- Depending who are their opponent during tournaments, they speak different language on court. eg. if they're playing with the Chinese, they'll speak in BM, when playing with Indonesian or Europeans they'll speak Hokkien or Mandarin..vice versa. (i think that's the advantage of being a Malaysian.. .you speak at least 3 languages).
- KKK's mom thought that the son will not shave his head, knowing that he's very 'oi leng' (vain). But his dad keep reminding of his promise.
- KKK's mom said KKK dun have a lot of friends when he was young.
- They looked fierce when on court.. which they said it's a good thing so that the opponent will be scared of them
- KKK's mom said KKK looked arrogant on court.. but he is not when off court. (you can see from the way he talked.. it's a total different thing when he's on court).
- KKK bought expensive gifts to his parents... as a way to express his gratitude.
- When TBH was asked what is his weakness, he said.. oh.. this I can't tell.. incase any competitors are watching this (I think somehow at the end of the show, he sorta said 'looking like Jacky Wu' .. hah?)
- they played badly during the team event of Asian Games. Rexy got so upset.. even cried.. and said that he'll resign. It's then they got the wake up call. The don't want to upset Rexy.. and improved their game and won the gold medal.
What else?.... overall, the family is so supportive.. and so much love being showered on them from the parents...
03-25-2007, 11:35 AM #8
sorry guys to spoil your party here, our crew are going to kl to get rexy back to PBSI. we are very determined to get him back. we would camp outside his house if we have to. Say good morning, good afternoon and good night to rexy whenever and wherever. until he says yes, wish us luck. His contract will expire soon. go, go and go wait for us rexy
03-25-2007, 11:35 AM #9
I am really touched by TBH's background. Especially about the dad said he earned 1600 and must give 1200 to TBH and how much the mum missed him. His parents really sacrificed a lot for him.
Both of their family are really really very supportive!
KKK really had 360 degrees changed from young till now.
03-25-2007, 11:37 AM #10Originally Posted by Tommy Susanto
03-25-2007, 11:44 AM #11
I watched too. A very entertaining interview and coverage. Here's hoping this is the start of a new badminton era in Malaysia....
Tommy Susanto, I think we would have Rexy for a much long period and no amount of camping outside his house can pry him away
03-25-2007, 11:47 AM #12
Their sisters were also interviewed....So Tan Boon Heong speak Hokien at home, does Koo Kin Keat speak Cantonese? Anyone knows?
Can see that Boon Heong came from a more humble background.
Wonder if there is a repeat cos I miss first 10 minutes of it.
03-25-2007, 11:49 AM #13
I think KKK speaks cantonese at home cause the sis and the dad speak.
The repeats are on Friday 9am and Saturday 8am (this is according to Astro Guide.not sure will have changes or not) correct me if i'm wrong.
03-25-2007, 11:56 AM #14Originally Posted by chehsi
what attracted me is the background. those kids are training at the background. their smashes and backhand are very powerful given their age. give them a few years more, they will have better stamina and strength. impressed by these kids. hey, i regretted when i see those kids. sad..
03-25-2007, 12:07 PM #15
thanks chehsi for u review really appreciated it...really touching story...
03-25-2007, 12:21 PM #16Originally Posted by ixory
03-25-2007, 12:24 PM #17
Now I recall something I can add on
Tan Boon Heong's father said his son nearly gave up when Rexy Mainaky came in as the coach cos the training was very tough under the new coach then...
By Han in forum Denmark Open / Dutch Open 2006Replies: 8: 11-04-2006, 01:02 AM
By alloh in forum Thomas Cup / Uber Cup 2006Replies: 12: 04-23-2006, 02:30 AM
By alloh in forum Commonwealth Games 2006 BadmintonReplies: 6: 03-19-2006, 12:03 PM
By alloh in forum Thomas Cup / Uber Cup 2006Replies: 0: 02-17-2006, 07:08 AM
By ghostnhero in forum Swiss Open 2006 / German Open 2006Replies: 0: 01-14-2006, 07:37 AM