User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 18 to 34 of 46
  1. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    1,238
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spchu
    Now I recall something I can add on

    Tan Boon Heong's father said his son nearly gave up when Rexy Mainaky came in as the coach cos the training was very tough under the new coach then...
    Really???,TBH should thanks rexy now bcoz nowaday he had done much better...

  2. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Penang, Malaysia
    Posts
    1,577
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    hey chehsi, thx alot for the summary!! really appreaciate it cos i believe many of us din manage to watch it! thx again!

  3. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    PJ-Malaysia
    Posts
    222
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spchu
    Yes Chehsi covered nearly everything and he/she claimed his/her mandarin not so good, Hardly anything I can add anymore during this one hour programme.
    ahah.. I'm sure there's more to that la. Will watch the repeat again..and see if I can record it then.

    I'm a total 'banana'. I can't read or write Chinese... but can understand Mandarin a bit (very minimal). When I try to speak Mandarin, ppl will laugh at me cuz' I sound like a gwai lo trying to speak Mandarin.

    btw... i'm a she.

  4. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    In Competition
    Posts
    18,289
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spchu
    Now I recall something I can add on

    Tan Boon Heong's father said his son nearly gave up when Rexy Mainaky came in as the coach cos the training was very tough under the new coach then...
    Sounds familiar, the 1988 MAS Thomas Cup Team complained of the same thing when Fang Kaixiang took over coaching duties. Eventually it was from that point on that MAS could match Indonesia and China, and win the cup in 1992.

  5. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    3,321
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default The wife's the boss

    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Susanto
    sorry guys to spoil your party here, our crew are going to kl to get rexy back to PBSI. we are very determined to get him back. we would camp outside his house if we have to. Say good morning, good afternoon and good night to rexy whenever and wherever. until he says yes, wish us luck. His contract will expire soon. go, go and go wait for us rexy
    Work on the wife, Henny. And what would Rexy be in INA? A star coach? He'll just be one of the coaches.

  6. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ipoh, Malaysia
    Posts
    1,992
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i hope rexy will stay. he is much appreciated here what with coming up with one of the top players. he still could guide these players to greater heights. i hope he will stay here and reach that height with his team of players.

  7. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    KL
    Posts
    4,751
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Susanto
    sorry guys to spoil your party here, our crew are going to kl to get rexy back to PBSI. we are very determined to get him back. we would camp outside his house if we have to. Say good morning, good afternoon and good night to rexy whenever and wherever. until he says yes, wish us luck. His contract will expire soon. go, go and go wait for us rexy
    HAHAHAHA, I wish you luck becoz you need it. He is committed to Malaysia till the Olympic Games Doubles Gold is won. So instead of asking Rexy to wait for you, you will have to wait for Rexy.

    Also to dampen your spirit a bit, his wife Henny has made many friends here and told friends she is very happy in Malaysia -- the shopping is great, Rexy is happy now, and BAM is going to raise his package (don't think PBSI can match it).

    The players respects Rexy a lot for the turnaround he has done for them, not just KKK-TBH but also the other pairs (if they have been paying him lip service, they would not dare now). That is the same opinions from KKK-TBH, if you have watched their TV interviews in the documentary "Shuttlers' Dreams" last night.

    In one word, "hope" is all you have --- it will not translate to reality unfortunately. Rexy stays ! Try Tony Gunawan, he may be good for PBSI.

  8. #25
    Regular Member ants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Malaysian Citizen of the World
    Posts
    13,157
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Rexy's decision is his wife's decision.

  9. #26
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    London & Penang
    Posts
    6,628
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by X Ball
    HAHAHAHA, I wish you luck becoz you need it. He is committed to Malaysia till the Olympic Games Doubles Gold is won. So instead of asking Rexy to wait for you, you will have to wait for Rexy.

    Also to dampen your spirit a bit, his wife Henny has made many friends here and told friends she is very happy in Malaysia -- the shopping is great, Rexy is happy now, and BAM is going to raise his package (don't think PBSI can match it).

    The players respects Rexy a lot for the turnaround he has done for them, not just KKK-TBH but also the other pairs (if they have been paying him lip service, they would not dare now). That is the same opinions from KKK-TBH, if you have watched their TV interviews in the documentary "Shuttlers' Dreams" last night.

    In one word, "hope" is all you have --- it will not translate to reality unfortunately. Rexy stays ! Try Tony Gunawan, he may be good for PBSI.
    errmmm, i'm pretty sure tony's still planning to play for a while yet ... unless you've heard otherwise.

  10. #27
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    usa
    Posts
    133
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Rexy will not want go back to England for sure after what happened to his wife. Here is an interview with Rexy. Quite interesting.

    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...Faith+strength

  11. #28
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Kuching, Malaysia
    Posts
    2,576
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ants
    Rexy's decision is his wife's decision.
    but i think Rexy has already set him mind to be here till at least OG 2008...
    He said that in the interview...

    So i think INA won't be able to do much about it...

  12. #29
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    KL
    Posts
    4,751
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamzz
    errmmm, i'm pretty sure tony's still planning to play for a while yet ... unless you've heard otherwise.
    If I have heard anything, others would have heard it before me. However, Tony would be a good coach given his class act when the time comes for him to hang up his racket or even Wijaya.

  13. #30
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    KL, MAL
    Posts
    697
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tjl_vanguard
    but i think Rexy has already set him mind to be here till at least OG 2008...
    He said that in the interview...

    So i think INA won't be able to do much about it...
    I don't think anything is confirmed until one has signed on the dotted line.

    Who would have thought that Alonso will leave Renault when the Renault has given him two titles?

  14. #31
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    PJ-Malaysia
    Posts
    222
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kamen
    I don't think anything is confirmed until one has signed on the dotted line.

    Who would have thought that Alonso will leave Renault when the Renault has given him two titles?
    heheh.. i was actually happy that Alonso joined McLaren.. .. . and hoping that McLaren will keep on having their engine blown .. ahahahah

    As for Tony, I'm sure everyone will want a piece of him the moment he announce he wants to retire.

  15. #32
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Petaling Jaya
    Posts
    106
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yeah... Rexy have agreed to stay with us (Malaysia) until at least next year 2008 Beijing Olympics. Sorry for Tommy Susanto that now he's the one who have to wait for Rexy's return to the PBSI... I'm sure that Tony Gunawan still wants to play for badminton until next year 2008 Beijing Olympics. He once said, he rather choose badminton and leave his job in the United States. He call Candra Wijaya from United States, and ask him whether he wants to team up again as a pair and play in the Indonesian Open, and Candra have agreed b'coz it's a call from a long time friend and they have won so many titles together in the past. After all both are the champion at last year Indonesian Open after they forged up again as a pair last year. As i know, Jens Erickson-Martin Lundgaard, Candra Wijaya-Tony Gunawan, Choong Tan Fook-Lee Wan Wah will play until next year 2008 B.O.
    Last edited by lina_ngchiuhwa; 03-27-2007 at 02:23 AM.

  16. #33
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Petaling Jaya
    Posts
    106
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think KKK speak English more with his father b'coz his father said in the interview that KKK is educated from St. Michael school so he speak to him in English. I'm very touched by TBH's father b'coz his family was poor and he need to find another extra job to support TBH in Selangor. Haha... I hope when we saw KKK outside around the street or in a mall, i hope he will gave us a happy smile if we call his name and don't gave us an angry look even the others shuttler also.

  17. #34
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    KL, MAL
    Posts
    697
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chehsi
    heheh.. i was actually happy that Alonso joined McLaren.. .. . and hoping that McLaren will keep on having their engine blown .. ahahahah

    As for Tony, I'm sure everyone will want a piece of him the moment he announce he wants to retire.
    yeah, me too! i hope mclaren will poof at every or alternate gp.

    sorry to go off topic folks!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Astro coverage?
    By Han in forum Denmark Open / Dutch Open 2006
    Replies: 8
    : 11-04-2006, 12:02 AM
  2. TUC schedule at Astro?
    By alloh in forum Thomas Cup / Uber Cup 2006
    Replies: 12
    : 04-23-2006, 01:30 AM
  3. schedule of CG in Astro?
    By alloh in forum Commonwealth Games 2006 Badminton
    Replies: 6
    : 03-19-2006, 11:03 AM
  4. No Live in Astro / RTM?
    By alloh in forum Thomas Cup / Uber Cup 2006
    Replies: 0
    : 02-17-2006, 06:08 AM
  5. any show on astro?
    By ghostnhero in forum Swiss Open 2006 / German Open 2006
    Replies: 0
    : 01-14-2006, 06:37 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •