Is NS9K similar to NS8K?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by afham07, Mar 24, 2007.

1. afham07

afham07 Regular Member

Student
    hi guys,

im thinking to get a new racket and in my mind, NS9k is calling me. :D .. but, i have difficulty in choosing the best for me .. It is because neither of my friends using NS9k type X or S. So, it is hard for me to choose.

FYI, im using NS8K. Theoritically speaking, which type is similar to ns8k? Is anybody here tried both, ns8k and ns9k? which 1 r u prefer?

Does the elastic technology in ns9k is really effective?

FYI, this is my playing style:
    1. love to smash, smash and smash.
    2. I do not know da power of those smashes. From my friends' feedback, sometime is fast and sometime is slow (here, i want to ask, how to strengthen your wrist?)
    3. Do not love net play but I love to do drop shot ..
    4. quite bad at net play

I hope, you guys can suggest me which one should I go to. what is the latest price of ns9k?

tq ..

regards.

2. Zangetsu

Zangetsu Regular Member

Just stick with the NS8K, it is a great racket and is able to execute all shots, drops and smashes as hard or tender as you need them to be.
    In my opinion you cant be wrong with your NS8K unless you hate headlight rackets but in this case the 9K would not be an option for you either.
    With the 9K you wont be able to execute shots that you have not mastered with the 8K before.

But afterall it is your decision and from reading your post I guess you already have made up your mind in buying the 9K regardless what we recommend, right ? ^-^

#2 Zangetsu, Mar 24, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2007
  3. afham07

afham07 Regular Member

Student
    tq for comment .. I just thinking to get new racket (ns8k or ns9k) .. I just want to know the similarity between them .. Im not just buying what ever i think .. I will consider from all of aspect .. if ns8k better then ns9k, then I will get new ns8k .. that y im asking here .. :) ..

4. 2asian

2asian Regular Member

What's wrong with your ns8k now? I use an ns8k and i like it. I havn't use ns9k, but from my knowledge, i hear that ns9k type s is stronger then ns8k, so therefore type x would be alot stronger then both. If your smash isn't fsat in general, it's your technique you have to work on not what racquet you have to use. But if you have the money go for the ns9k so u can have both racquets!
    Wh

5. afham07

afham07 Regular Member

Student
    I do not have problem with my ns8k .. I just want to find a back up racket in case my ns8k string broken during the match .. So, im thinking to get another ns8k or ns9k since the elastic technology in ns9k looks brilliant .. :p .. I can see the racket curl a little bit in news paper ..

6. azn_123

azn_123 Regular Member

Student
    Why don't you try to demo the ns9k??both type x and s?:confused:

7. afham07

afham07 Regular Member

Student
    as I said in post 1, I do not have friend that own NS9k .. so, i couldnt be able to test the racket ..

I dont think the shop will let me try before buying ..

8. 2asian

2asian Regular Member

Get the NS9k Type s, i'm sure you won't go wrong with it. I just dont like the funky colours, ever thought about the AT900 T?

9. afham07

afham07 Regular Member

Student
    yes .. im thinking to get a stiff racket rather than extra stiff .. I think, my wrist is not hard enuf to using extra stiff racket .. from my friend feedback, my smash is not too fast (using ns8k) ... I love the feel of ns8k .. :) ..

maybe, I can generate more power by using ns9k type s and the elastic technology in it would help me .. :d .. am i correct? ..

10. afham07

afham07 Regular Member

Student
    oh, about AT900, im not sure .. ns9k won in my mind .. :D .. do AT900 better than ns9ks?? ..

11. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

serious?
    so i have never used a NS series racket before and want to buy one of them, which one do u think i should buy?

12. afham07

afham07 Regular Member

Student
    imho, i dont think so .. I never use ns6k, ns7k b4 .. I bought ns8k and I can use it very well .. but I need some times to adjust my timing, skill, etc with the new racket .. It is normal anyway .. :) ..

13. aheron147

aheron147 Regular Member

Exchange Administrator
    Hi guys i have a NS9KX 3 NS8K's An Armotec 700 and a NS7k. In The Past i have used an armotec 800-Off & Def, also the 500. The 500 is an OK racquet i never got on with the 800's the NS9KX is too stiff and unforgiving. I can honestly say that the NS8k is the racquet using a BG68ti string this is closely followed by the AT 700 . String tension up 2 you but i use 25 lbs so give and take a few games this will drop to around 24 lbs which is an ideal tension. My reasons are these.

a) Great manouverability and the racquet feels like an extensio of your arm.

b) Great feel when playing touch and deceptive shots.

c) Excellent power for smashing and flicks from the base area. ( This also depends on your Footwork Technique & court awareness).

d) On my bad smashing days when my timing is off or my feet are a bit slow i will fall back on my at-700 simply because it help me when i am a bit off.

Lastly i would say seek to master your basics - Footwork, Fitness, advanced techniques & racquet skills, and also match mentality ( The Head game - what are you thinking when on court, are you watching your opponents feet, his racquet technique what he can and cant do.) sorry to go on but in my experience i have seen fittish types of players with an ok basic game using racquets made out of firewood(not literally) beat players with good racquets but crap basics and a - IF it moves SMASH IT!!!! - attitude.. Plus when they do smash its aimless at the wrong time and they can only smash twice max 3 times in a row before power drops off and then the better basics player flicks the shuttle wickedly out of the flailing reach of their racquet... Point Gone...

So in summary

Master your all round game first and move your racquet up as your game develops and your style develops. But if i was going to uy a racquet now it definately would be the NS8k.

Thanks 4 the time..

Aheron147

14. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

ns8k... i see.
    is it both a doubles and singles racket?

15. Zangetsu

Zangetsu Regular Member

I am in the same boot as you, I also love the feel of ns8k.
    So I ordered some Tactics Nami Blade 8000 which look the same and should plays very similar to the Yonex one but less stiff.
    This is the thing I am looking for, a NS8K with medium stiffness.

16. Stealthboy

Stealthboy Regular Member

I.T.
    In the Yonex catalogue it states the Yonex 9000X is for the "Smash-based Hard Hitter" but as you are not a hard hitter you would probably have to work on your smash technique to get the most from the racquet. Nice piece of kit though!

Have you looked at Sir Dink's recommendation the SOTX Woven 7? He said it was a monster of a racquet based on smashing at fraction of the 9000X price and he thought it was better than the Yonex Ti-10. :)

#16 Stealthboy, Mar 26, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2007
  17. afham07

afham07 Regular Member

Student
    guys,

how about AT900T? I read from ant review and it looks better .. :) ..

18. RimHitter

RimHitter Regular Member

Construction
    Well my experience with new rackets is some what limited but last night I played with the BK PhotonXL and what a racket to say the lest 75gr and a real hitter when you do.

I just picked up my NS9KX today and like it even more,when I smash it goes down quick on a much steeper angle. The angles I can pick with it are much greater and for once my back hand clears go from baseline to baseline without tearing my arm up. I had it strung at 25lbs with Nano 95 which may or may not enhance the performance.

19. 2asian

2asian Regular Member

I don't believe that because you switch racquets, you can finally clear baseline to baseline. Give any person who knows the basic technique any racquet, i'm sure they can clear baseline to baseline.

20. Dummey

Dummey Regular Member

Student
    Well, within reasonable limits. Basic technique is good, but it's just too much of a difference between a PHotonXL and a NS9Kx so it's reasonable to think that it can make a difference. Also notice that he mentioned "without ripping my arm off" which suggest that he can still clear, just not as "effortlessly".

Now back to the topic at hand. I personlly cannot stand the NS9kX, it's just too stiff of a racket for me. the NS9KS is however a very nice all arond racket, maybe better then the NS8K for people who are entering the nanospeed line, but if you are already a NS8K user, stick with it. There is no reason to get new technology just because it's shiny, go with what you are comfortable with.