User Tag List

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Results 103 to 119 of 130
  1. #103
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Jakarta to Singapore
    Posts
    478
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saugusli
    No Easy China to beat both INA and Malaysia..
    True, betul!! Hwehehehehehhe.. Taufik's a tough enemy ya know..

  2. #104
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    London & Penang
    Posts
    6,628
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i'll be shocked if they get less than 3 titles in SO, 4 is likely whilst all 5 is rather optimistic. MD remains elusive for the CHN team and i can really only see TH and PG (it's unfortunate that they have to meet in the 2nd round) challenging the chinese in MS. XD, WS and WD are almost a foregone conclusion.

  3. #105
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    CHINA
    Posts
    32
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Who is left out ???

    Quote Originally Posted by Darien
    no problem...dont worry sure win
    out of 5 titles, i am confident they can win at least 4!
    4 out of 5, who is out ? sad to say : is that the MD which cause u lack of confident ? They are my favourite Pair, I m actually watching their matches everyday and try to capture the way they play and i found it is work. By the way can u u/stand their finger message? i see no different on their strategy? u u/stand?

  4. #106
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Penang
    Posts
    270
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by emperor
    4 out of 5, who is out ? sad to say : is that the MD which cause u lack of confident ? They are my favourite Pair, I m actually watching their matches everyday and try to capture the way they play and i found it is work. By the way can u u/stand their finger message? i see no different on their strategy? u u/stand?
    yes, i am quite doubtful for CY/FHF to win in MD category. but still have the faith anyway. regarding the finger message, i am not really understand deeply in what they are delivering. however, whenever FHF is serving, he will point out the first finger. i guess the first finger indicates a low serve. two fingers indicates a high serve. but when CY having the serve, he doesnt give any finger message. someone pls correct me if i am wrong.

  5. #107
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    CHINA
    Posts
    32
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default confused !!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Darien
    yes, i am quite doubtful for CY/FHF to win in MD category. but still have the faith anyway. regarding the finger message, i am not really understand deeply in what they are delivering. however, whenever FHF is serving, he will point out the first finger. i guess the first finger indicates a low serve. two fingers indicates a high serve. but when CY having the serve, he doesnt give any finger message. someone pls correct me if i am wrong.
    I m not sure whether u r right? I m confused, initially I have the same thought as what u thought, but do u still remember the All England semi final match with CW/TG, 3rd Game Match Point, Fu HF indicate 1 finger but he serve high.

  6. #108
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    677
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by emperor
    I m not sure whether u r right? I m confused, initially I have the same thought as what u thought, but do u still remember the All England semi final match with CW/TG, 3rd Game Match Point, Fu HF indicate 1 finger but he serve high.
    Actually. if you observe properly the recent matches played by fu/cai, cai also ha a hand signal. His hand signal is quite fast compared to fu. The signal gave by fu was when everyone is prepared to play. While cai gave the signal when they are still preparing on the court to play. I realize cai signal in these few recent matches only. Previous matchs i think only fu had given the hand signal. And, i don't think it indicate high or low serve because like what said by emperor fu indicate 1 finger even for high serve. Till now I have no idea about it. Would continue to figure out.

  7. #109
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Jakarta to Singapore
    Posts
    478
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yeaaaapz... One finger means low serve, two fingers means high serve.. Its so stupid that they're still using this kind of message... They should just belive in their partner, and every one should always be ready to take any kind of shots...

  8. #110
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    MAS
    Posts
    960
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Although i am a die hard LCW fans. But, i think LCW will never ever "stand up" anymore...is sad for me to said so.. as this is really a "trend" for Malaysia player which is "presure". LCW stund a good result during his heyyear because that time he is nobody and less people pay attention to him. Therefore he can perform it very well with good results again & again. Until he became somebody, then he started to "care" what people will aspect and think about him... due to that, there is where comes the "presure". When presure comes U NO LONGER can perform NORMALLY..

    eg. how fast can u open a pedal lock of your house. No problem right?? we can do it with NO problem AT ALL
    BUT.. IF behind u is a lion chasing for u and i can SAID.. u are unable to open the simple pedal lock this time.. right?

    For LCW, the more he wanted to find his way to stand up.. the more he will slump.. because the presure is there and is with him...

    To me, he has to FORGET his pass success and began from the begining as how he did it when he was nobody.. play with confidence and acts likes a fighter..I believe this is the ONLY solution for him...

  9. #111
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    KL
    Posts
    4,731
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xymaerts
    Although i am a die hard LCW fans. But, i think LCW will never ever "stand up" anymore...is sad for me to said so.. as this is really a "trend" for Malaysia player which is "presure". LCW stund a good result during his heyyear because that time he is nobody and less people pay attention to him. Therefore he can perform it very well with good results again & again. Until he became somebody, then he started to "care" what people will aspect and think about him... due to that, there is where comes the "presure". When presure comes U NO LONGER can perform NORMALLY..

    eg. how fast can u open a pedal lock of your house. No problem right?? we can do it with NO problem AT ALL
    BUT.. IF behind u is a lion chasing for u and i can SAID.. u are unable to open the simple pedal lock this time.. right?

    For LCW, the more he wanted to find his way to stand up.. the more he will slump.. because the presure is there and is with him...

    To me, he has to FORGET his pass success and began from the begining as how he did it when he was nobody.. play with confidence and acts likes a fighter..I believe this is the ONLY solution for him...

    Bad logic -- if I have a lion behind my back, my senses would be at its best coz my life depends on it. LCW had to conform to coaching standard set by Li Mao, which stifled his own thinking. Look out for a new LCW in the coming tournaments. His confidence would come back with Misbun's freestyle (if a player is motivated, he would be able to perform better under Misbun as he will be allowed to dictate his own play). I am pretty sure I am right in this.

  10. #112
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    shoebox
    Posts
    449
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by X Ball
    Bad logic -- if I have a lion behind my back, my senses would be at its best coz my life depends on it. LCW had to conform to coaching standard set by Li Mao, which stifled his own thinking. Look out for a new LCW in the coming tournaments. His confidence would come back with Misbun's freestyle (if a player is motivated, he would be able to perform better under Misbun as he will be allowed to dictate his own play). I am pretty sure I am right in this.
    i really do hope lcw can pull himself out of his slump in form. i think misbun can help him...he was afterall instrumental in guiding lcw's career before li mao took over.

  11. #113
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Milpitas CA, USA
    Posts
    2,689
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Good practise

    You need to let your partner know if you want to do flick serve so he/she can position herself/himself for the return. Double is still a team game, how well the players communicate with one another is part of the success! In short, is good to have those fingers raising as long as it not the middle one

    Quote Originally Posted by kimpe_bultang
    Yeaaaapz... One finger means low serve, two fingers means high serve.. Its so stupid that they're still using this kind of message... They should just belive in their partner, and every one should always be ready to take any kind of shots...

  12. #114
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Jakarta to Singapore
    Posts
    478
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    LMAO... Yeaah, I agree.. But its better if the partner is more alert.. Like this, shows that the doubles couple's not that bonded tghtr.. For me, I mean..

  13. #115
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    21
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default finger message

    Quote Originally Posted by kimpe_bultang
    Yeaaaapz... One finger means low serve, two fingers means high serve.. Its so stupid that they're still using this kind of message... They should just belive in their partner, and every one should always be ready to take any kind of shots...
    No...la, brother, i dont think such a professional player will indicate stupid kind of messages. Sure got something behind, let me have a drink with LYB then I come back to U, OK ?

  14. #116
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ipoh, Malaysia
    Posts
    1,992
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    lin dan still recuperating from injury so my bet is on taufik hidayat or LCW. dont ask me why LCW. gut feeling. KKK and TBH should be able to win this, bar any fancy shmancy style of play from KKK. my bet is on KKK/TBH or FHF/CY. the other groups i am not sure. but i love for WMC to at least be in the quarter finals. maybe even semi finals.

  15. #117
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    CHINA
    Posts
    32
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default support

    Quote Originally Posted by samhui1
    No...la, brother, i dont think such a professional player will indicate stupid kind of messages. Sure got something behind, let me have a drink with LYB then I come back to U, OK ?
    Yes, I totally agreed to U, Sam. Even u & me also wont give such simple message while we r serving (indicate high or low), I strongly disagree the finger message is so simple. I think it would be ........(my personal opinion only...) 1 = cai be in front (net setting), Fu will be at the back (full impact on Jumping Smash), whereas 5 finger will indicate he is tired, need Cai to cover the back, and he will be in front to recover the energy.

  16. #118
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Jakarta to Singapore
    Posts
    478
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    But only Fu does that... hmmm, interesting topic.. I'll ask my coach abt this.. And you can ask Li Yongbo abt it too, samhui1..

  17. #119
    Regular Member huangkwokhau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    everywhere
    Posts
    18,422
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by samhui1
    No...la, brother, i dont think such a professional player will indicate stupid kind of messages. Sure got something behind, let me have a drink with LYB then I come back to U, OK ?

    I hope you are NOT serious...signal is very important in double...even in Tennis...all double palyers have signals behind their backs to let let their partners know where to serve, etc....

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Aviva Open Singapore 2007
    By Loh in forum Singapore Open 2007 / Indonesia Open 2007
    Replies: 187
    : 05-22-2008, 07:53 PM
  2. Early Predictions for 2007 China Open Winner
    By kennethkoc in forum Vietnam Open / China Open (2) 2007
    Replies: 23
    : 11-17-2007, 03:44 AM
  3. Aviva Open Singapore 2007 Pictures
    By Loh in forum Singapore Open 2007 / Indonesia Open 2007
    Replies: 97
    : 05-16-2007, 02:47 AM
  4. Aviva open 2007 - Qualifying day pics
    By bariq in forum Singapore Open 2007 / Indonesia Open 2007
    Replies: 2
    : 05-06-2007, 03:52 AM
  5. Aviva Open Singapore Super Series 2007 live score
    By LI De Quan in forum Singapore Open 2007 / Indonesia Open 2007
    Replies: 1
    : 04-26-2007, 01:39 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •