JP and SP rackets

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by BombaTwIsT, Mar 24, 2007.

1. BombaTwIsT

BombaTwIsT Regular Member

was just wondering what are the differences between the 2.

i have a SP NS 8000 and it seems to last fine.
    had a cab30ms bought at SGVBC that broke on me that i've had for less than a year and i've had the NS 8000 longer.

is there a reason why the JP version is more expensive than the SP versions.

edit: besides the JP version being made in Japan and the SP version made in Singapore.

2. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    The above is false.

Do you even know what the racket codes represent? Also SP and JP are ment to be for two markets, hense price difference.

#2 Matt, Mar 25, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2007
  3. BombaTwIsT

BombaTwIsT Regular Member

sorry for being wrong,

so i'm guessing JP is a better market than SP.

4. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Nope. They are all the same quality.

The racket code means, just where it is ment to be distribued. Different country economics also explain the price difference as well.

5. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    heard that pros choose to play with jp version,cos of the best quality.Others than jp is all the same quality.

6. Zangetsu

Zangetsu Regular Member

so you are saying jp version is better than any other version ?!

7. CampbellPlayer

CampbellPlayer Regular Member

JP versions are same as any other version, as long as at the bottom of the racket it says "Japan" under the Yonex logo its all made in japan. A jp coded racket is meant to be sold in that country and if it breaks, the warranty on it will enable u to replace the racket by Yonex Japan. If u were in canada using a JP racket, Yonex Canada wont replace it if its broekn

8. AMRaider

AMRaider Regular Member

JP versions tend to be at the heavier end of the weight range* I have noticed. I don't know if that means better quality.. Lighter is probably better for some and heavier is better for others no doubt. I think it really comes down to personal preference.

There are many threads here on BC discussing country code/quality etc. However, to date, I don't believe anyone has conducted comprehensive experiments comparing weight, durability, and country code so please be wary of whatever conclusions you may draw. Cheers.

*Please understand, I don't own a lot of rackets so my sample size is rather limited.

#8 AMRaider, Mar 25, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2007
  9. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    In theory, the code is for market distribution and warranty claim purpose. However, there are always believers and non-believers about "code xxx is better than code yyy". Whether you believe it (and pay more), it's your own call.

Personally, I saw many cases like SP, TH, TW (the so-call cheaper and lower quality version) rackets lasted for years, and also seen JP, CN, US (the so-call better, but more expensive) ones gone in several weeks. So, go figure.

10. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    That's what i heard from my coach n some of my friends.Other than the fact of distribution code itself n the weight,they said that the JP version uses a better material.Hence,come the better quality than the others.That's why pros prefer to have the jp coded rackets.Also,i agree that each code guarantee will only be valid within the same country.But,what i heard,n i believe,is that yonex build jp version better than the others.I dont know whether this answer is definite or not,so,if u know pro players that uses yonex,ask them which code they're using.

11. Zangetsu

Zangetsu Regular Member

That is also one of the greatest nonsense and rumor Ive ever heard of.
    In a economical point of view, there is no justification to make higher grade quality for JP rackets. Yonex would produce only very minor like 0.00XX percent rackets just for pro players but at the same time, production costs for those called higher grade rackets would be multiple time more than the normal one.
    So I hardly believe there are any differences in JP or other versions.
    Also Pro player do not use JP rackets, they got their own Pro coded rackets of Yonex.

12. CYW2006

CYW2006 Regular Member

i heard that China player owns a CP (china player ) racket...
    and it was more expensive that other CH version in china...
    and their weight and stiffness are different....

13. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    There are just rurmors and not been proven on paper. There was also a blog from one of the China National Team lady players (the blog was taken down apparently), and she said, there is no difference as they have used other racket codes such as SP.

14. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    CP means China National Team since the previous code was CN(I would call it CNT he he he!).

Technically, CP does not have a price. If the player wants to make some extra money, they sell it. The price would be set by the store or the player (not sure, but it is something like that), not by Yonex.

In any case, all the racket codes are the same quality, no differences.

15. guitar_pic

guitar_pic Regular Member

MIS Sales Consultant
    Hmm...speaking of country codes, is SN a valid code? I've always wondered if everyone who bought from the large batch of AT500 and MP88 that marcbc80 sold last year got authentic yonex rackets.

16. Zangetsu

Zangetsu Regular Member

They should be valid as SN stands for Spain.