User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ok racism!

In Malaysia in badminton no racism. To win, to give support, malay, chinese , india, sabahan, sarawakian all stay together. Remember thomas cup 1992, where they all stay together shouting no matter infront of tv or u at stadium negara. The day Malaysia win the thomas cup was 13 May. The older should know what was the date means to malaysian?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by alfa-2
    yes thats true.....im the victim once (was tiny when i was small) by the famous Sairul Amar Ayob. racists.....
    what did sairul did to you? he had drug problems right? accidental drug problems. haha..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default kkk/tbh

honestly, i have already compare the games between kkk/tbh and their coach rexy in the 90s, and also their very senior razif/ jalani in the 80s. kkk/tbh actualy in term of skills they still some distance away. Mostly they win because their mental was strong. They seldom made mistake when under pressure. and they lose point when being attack. Their defend still need to be improved, their smash return still just ok not very good. tbh's smash ok, but kkk smash just like lack of some power. For malaysia good luck to the young pair. tbh eapecially did not show fear at all, he is brave. Fear of no one .so i think this the result from the encouragement from rexy. He always shout ,berani, at the back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JaCkô
    what did sairul did to you? he had drug problems right? accidental drug problems. haha..
    said those things that would cause hatred like what happen in May15.....harsh n rude stuffs. ive written a thread on this before but was deleted by the administrator.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kian chuan
    honestly, i have already compare the games between kkk/tbh and their coach rexy in the 90s, and also their very senior razif/ jalani in the 80s. kkk/tbh actualy in term of skills they still some distance away. Mostly they win because their mental was strong. They seldom made mistake when under pressure. and they lose point when being attack. Their defend still need to be improved, their smash return still just ok not very good. tbh's smash ok, but kkk smash just like lack of some power. For malaysia good luck to the young pair. tbh eapecially did not show fear at all, he is brave. Fear of no one .so i think this the result from the encouragement from rexy. He always shout ,berani, at the back.
    kkk defense wasnt reli good at AE. MOst of the time FHF/CY chose KKK as the target when they attack, especially KKK's back hand defense.....TBH has a very strong back hand compared to KKK.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by alfa-2
    kkk defense wasnt reli good at AE. MOst of the time FHF/CY chose KKK as the target when they attack, especially KKK's back hand defense.....TBH has a very strong back hand compared to KKK.
    KKK/TBH smash is not as good as Ha/Kim. their defense are not as good as Razif/Jalani. yes, their success rely a lot on mental strength.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I heard that the indonesian team are thinking about taking rexy to their side because of his great performance producing good double players in malaysia.Hope BAM will try their best to keep him here..donnt let what happen to Li Mao happens to Rexy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Racism

Quote Originally Posted by kian chuan View Post
    In Malaysia in badminton no racism. To win, to give support, malay, chinese , india, sabahan, sarawakian all stay together. Remember thomas cup 1992, where they all stay together shouting no matter infront of tv or u at stadium negara. The day Malaysia win the thomas cup was 13 May. The older should know what was the date means to malaysian?
    I guess racism happen everywhere... when I was studying in UK! There are some really nasty teenager always picking up fight with asian.
    They challenge me for a fight (1v1), and told me he is underage... so no need to go to jail. & A passing car throw eggs & stone to us, not once but the turn back twice. Most of the adults are gentleman but those kids & teeenager are real A**H*LE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not only UK. Other parts of the world also have Racism.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

agree. some of us have experienced the worst and some have not experienced it at all. racism and discrimination is somewhat an unwanted part of society.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Racism everywhere

Being an Indonesian with chinese blood I also experienced a lot of racism. In Indonesia which i was born and citizen we have been called names by the local people on too many occasions.

So being an Indonesian with a chinese blood is really bad to me because everywhere I go I can never call it to be truly home.

The worst racist verbal attacks was by far I experienced in Australia. On a few occassions I already had a knife in my hand ready to stab those stupid people. Jail was not a bad option then.

But all places we go we will always have racism. Its sad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we cannot fight violence with violence. i know it is hard to do. but unless our life is threatened, we should never use violence. and no i dont believe the phrase stick and stones may break my bones, but words cannever hurt me. words said with bad intention hurts badly. more so i think than physical injury which in time will heal. words spoken, whether in positive or negative, can shape our thoughts and actions.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by azabaz_ipoh View Post
    we cannot fight violence with violence. i know it is hard to do. but unless our life is threatened, we should never use violence. and no i dont believe the phrase stick and stones may break my bones, but words cannever hurt me. words said with bad intention hurts badly. more so i think than physical injury which in time will heal. words spoken, whether in positive or negative, can shape our thoughts and actions.
    Not when you know that your life is at stake!

When the other party is not only trying to just hurt you but hurt you so badly that you will not live! Yes you try to run away as fast as possible. You'll yell for help but don't be a fool and try to stand up to them, defenseless!

Words alone can't save you. You need quick action to save yourself!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Small %

Quote Originally Posted by Loh View Post

When the other party is not only trying to just hurt you but hurt you so badly that you will not live! Yes you try to run away as fast as possible. You'll yell for help but don't be a fool and try to stand up to them, defenseless!

Well! this kind of people only represent a small portion of the whole population maybe less than 1%. So we just have to live with it!

But the kids that bully Rexy wife did it at the right time and they accidentally help msia badminton... hohoho!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While I reckon the last few posts were off topic, they address something important, so i'll respond -

If it is true that contributary to Rexy leaving England were racist insults to his wife from yobs, then I'm sorry to hear that. I am English myself, and it makes me sad that some idiots will do these things... On behalf of my country I'm sorry that he had to put up with that esp. to his wife.

I think every Asian guy I know has got abuse.. I was discussing student accomodation with a Chinese guy from my church, and a lot of it centered on where is a safe [i.e. not racist] place to live. It pisses me off, to be quite honest.

I got into a fight last year because some 16-17 yr old skinheads were shouting abuse at one of my mates on a bus. To cut a long story short, I told them in no uncertain terms to put a sock in it [but in more choice language]. The upshot is that they followed me off at my stop, and one of them wanted a fight with me 'a square go': fair enough, he had it coming so when he tried to hit me, I kicked him in the testicles and then dropped him with a punch in the face... but his mates then came for me and as luck would have it there were some roadworks and they grabbed some planks and stuff and tried to hit me with those. One of them managed to hit me with a 'Danger: Men at Work' sign, which is slightly ironic, but I broke free after punching Mr. Roadsign as well and started running... luckily the sprint training for badminton seemed to pay off and I left them a long way behind... I was pretty lucky though... now i don't know what I'd do the next time esp. if one of my mates was getting flak. My doubles partner from HK, who's one of the gentlest guys I know [when he's not applying a netkill to someone's face or bodysmashing someone... you have learnt well, my young apprentice!] got beaten up in Hull when at uni there.. just got attacked for no reason except the obvious...

...Rexy seems to be a good guy off the court, I played some half court with him at an exhibition game in Leicester... they had had a raffle to see who would get to play Simon Archer or Nathan, which I didn't win, but Rexy and Roebuck trashed them while Rexy was taking the p*** with his trickshots. I asked Rexy if I could have a game with him and he was very gracious and had a hit. He gave me much advice about the game, and was very positive, even respectful - which I appreciated as he could have just said 'You suck!' he he. I think it is very obvious he is a Christian - not because he is 'meek and mild' - he isn't, and these are not particularly Christlike characteristics anyway. On court, he is all business - but that's different. Being fired up to play is okay, it's just balancing it with not trying to take advantage in unfair ways.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well! Makkem... Racism happens everywhere in the world, and it's represent a very small portion of your nationality! I would like to say that MOst English Adults are very manner people, the most well manner I have ever met!

I am from Msia but currently working in Dubai. Althought there are no teenage jerks like those who bully rexy's wife but the law here are extremely biased. The likelyhood of you losing a court case to a local is very HIGH!

Anyway! UK is a nice place to live! Cheers.. mate

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

True enough. I think that kids these days are getting abit too soft and not firm enough to stand up for themselves in the gritty world. However, if you're being ganged up upon, it's stupid to stand up and fight.

There's always gonna be prejudices everywhere you go, but then again it's not just prejudice. It's just plain bullying if you're in the same ethnic group.

Those kids are looking for trouble, and they just wanna beat people up. If you're getting bullied, seek help from police and school counselors. The troublemakers are doing it cuz they can get away with it. More importantly, let someone know cuz not doing anything about it makes it worse. This situation kinda remind me of those poor Japanese students who killed themselves after being bullied by their peers. They didn't do anything much until it's too late.

Quote Originally Posted by Loh View Post

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast