User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WE are Off topic. Rexy is definately a great guy. Had breakfast with him few times and i'm glad that he is with the Msian team. He is one great coach. Sometimes u might think he doesnt care. But he Cared.

Besides that he is helpful also. There was once during a tournament event where we were sitting and chatting, he was approached by a boy from Behind. This boy have a piece of paper and want to have autographs from EVERY PLAYER (not only Team Msia)!. This boy cant have access to the Players/Team Area, this Rexy obliged and say yes. What he did was he WENT HIMSELF and go ask autograph from Most players which was seated in the area, even though the piece of paper look like a piece of crumble junk. And 10mins later, he handed the piece of paper to the little boy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Absolutely!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ants View Post
    WE are Off topic. Rexy is definately a great guy. Had breakfast with him few times and i'm glad that he is with the Msian team. He is one great coach. Sometimes u might think he doesnt care. But he Cared.

Besides that he is helpful also. There was once during a tournament event where we were sitting and chatting, he was approached by a boy from Behind. This boy have a piece of paper and want to have autographs from EVERY PLAYER (not only Team Msia)!. This boy cant have access to the Players/Team Area, this Rexy obliged and say yes. What he did was he WENT HIMSELF and go ask autograph from Most players which was seated in the area, even though the piece of paper look like a piece of crumble junk. And 10mins later, he handed the piece of paper to the little boy.
    These kind of things make a difference in our life.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Koo Keen Kiat and Tan Boon Heong would be world Number 1...come on guys

(is my attempt as an Indo to get them complacent)

About Rexy's bad treatment in England....I am not surprised.....this place is full of Chavs who have no hope wat so ever in being good at badminton well yea mixed doubles but face it England sucks at Badminton.....furthermore if Badminton becomes an English sport then I'd stop playing it why???

Look at football what happened to it?? is identic with drinking and fighting....do you want this to happend to Badminton?? even 10 Rexy wouldn't make England a better badminton nation...they just don't have the talent......wat the heck they actually complained about Rexy's style of coaching....so dumb!!!

So good choice Rexy......but I hope you will return to Indonesia one day to bring our badminton up but England is a stupid place to live in thank god I only have till 2009!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How can those English ppl abuse Rexy??? stupid dumb chavs! England has stupid culture stupid ppl living here no offence...their culture is all about drinking and getting drunk...how can Rexy coach badminton to bunch of chavs?? Well for the love of god Rexy was here in England trying to help and the chavs who just took benefits actually abuse him.......Well England is a slump!!! Especially Manchester and Birmigham........gosh luckliy for Rexy now he is in KL...better place better ppl although not as good as Jakarta lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oww...the important thing here is not to generalize people....there are always good and not so good people around. but it is unfair to judge an entire population or a country based on the actions of a few ide*ts. Sorry sorry...off topic hehehe.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dunker View Post
    Oww...the important thing here is not to generalize people....there are always good and not so good people around. but it is unfair to judge an entire population or a country based on the actions of a few ide*ts. Sorry sorry...off topic hehehe.
    Yes I agree with you and hope that others will remember likewise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kidosetiawan View Post
    How can those English ppl abuse Rexy??? stupid dumb chavs! England has stupid culture stupid ppl living here no offence...their culture is all about drinking and getting drunk...how can Rexy coach badminton to bunch of chavs?? Well for the love of god Rexy was here in England trying to help and the chavs who just took benefits actually abuse him.......Well England is a slump!!! Especially Manchester and Birmigham........gosh luckliy for Rexy now he is in KL...better place better ppl although not as good as Jakarta lol
    That's pretty racist if you ask me against English people. England does have culture. I don't think it is fair to judge a country on the actions of a small minority.

-Second point: Badminton is not big here... the only pair anyone know is Robertson/Emms... it's still considered a 'girly sport' here: this is wierdly because many people play recreationally here - it is more played than tennis or squash. In Malaysia or Indonesia, you know what real badminton looks like, here most people don't. I went to coaching because my parents took me. They neither of them can play except back garden badminton. I thought it was quite dire until I saw my coach playing doubles with his mates: he had a lethal smash - it sounded like a cannon! I was hooked. As luck would have it, he was very good.. a former national player, and knew the game. I didn't stay in the area long but I left wanting to play and that was the difference.

I think you're wrong to say there is no talent here... If it was a working-class sport with working class stars here like it is in your country we would have aspiration to play... frankly without exception our players are midde class. We produce world class talent in other sports, but the problem with middle class is that they usually have other options as well, they don't have the hunger to do well in general. I meet a lot of very talented players who came to the game too late or wasted their talent ... there's a bloke at my uni who's like a mini-Gade! he's a brilliant shotmaker - much better than Ghaffar et al. but never developed his fitness to national standard so he is a potential top 100 player gone to waste: it's not that he didn't work, it's that he was also committed to studies. We also suffer from a lack of coaching talent...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its a bit too harsh to say that ENG have no talent...as was mentioned before it is just not popular enough there. By the way, dont we asians sound racist when we say places like england is a lousy place to be in due to its "bad" people? Just a thought. THen again, i dont think there is a place for racist people in a sport like badminton...gosh i love this game...heh heh heh.
    I think the same can be said about Asian football if we are talkin about talent, dont you think? But you did not bring that up now did you Makkem...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Better than Jakarta

Quote Originally Posted by kidosetiawan View Post
    We dont judge others culture...
    MOst chinese would most likely to choose to live in London than Jakarta though!
    In london you dont simply get killed for being chinese

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, Man U etc are starting academies in China etc the talent is there, Dunker:

Most footballers are ruined by training/playing incorrectly at a young age... the same is true for badminton. [I am trying to unlearn bad habits from playing many years without a coach!]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default No discrimination and language barrier

Malaysia, of course, is a better choice for Rexy and his family.
    No discrimination, no language barrier, and no culture indifference,
    conditions here quite similar to INA. More importantly, Malaysians love Rexy.

As long as Henny is happy so is Rexy and vice versa.

Last edited by robin7; 05-22-2007 at 03:33 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been working in Jakarta for 5 years and I know many Indonesians who want to leave their country and stay in Malaysia. I guess Rexy is just one of them.

Some even told me that they wished they are Malaysians.
    Last edited by robin7; 05-22-2007 at 03:48 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice article!

Btw, what's Ricky Subagja doing now?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

English ppl like to think that they are on top of everyone dats fact....well not all of them but majority of them still thinks they are smarter than us asians...btw Indonesia has changed into a better nations....we Indo-Chinese has managed to fit into being Indos...lots of us dun call ourselves Chinese anymore most of us are proud Indonesians.........

Here is the thing why Brazil is so good in football....same thing as saying why Indonesia is better than England???

Badminton is already part of Indo culture while in England culture is football, rugby and drinking....everything is associated with drinking....My university badminton league for example......after each match what do they do??? DRINK AND DRINK AND DRINK until they drop....in Indo such a behaviour is not tolerated....people come and train then go to matches if they win they dun celebrate like crazy....they'll just have meal......see this is the different....how can bunch of drunken ppl beat proper breed Indos??? well England only have a chance in XD against Indon but look at Indo they have lots of potential players...we see Andre Kurniawan, Tommy Sugiarto....dun forget Andre Indonesia's 5th rank player beat English no 1 Andrew Smith...dats fact....

I am not discriminating...is fact....Rexy might be bullied...why would he stay in England if he is unwanted...English ppl never wants any Asians in their country anyway so just let them rely on their coach then...........of course most English ppl are nice and not like dat but small minorities would make u feel unwanted.......how can u be coaching properly when u meet those chavs??? England is a develop country and I am surprised to see those chavs hanging around taking a piss on us Asians while in Rexy's case he was trying to help English badminton and what did he get in return?????

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another idiot heard from: KidoSetiawan, you are a prat.

No, if you want to insult all English people and define English culture by lout culture; that's racism in my book. Your culture has its badpoints too, and let's just say religious tolerance is something your country needs to learn. Now I have plenty of Asian friends, so don't sling the racist comment back... My point is they have respect for English culture while acnowledging that it isn't perfect

Question: If you hate English people so much, why did you come here to study?... Because you were presumably going to an institution to give you kudos when you go back to your country: a good English university degree to get a better job. So, you are using the country I live in to better yourself: I have no problem with that. My problem comes when you start looking down on the natives...you do not have the right to criticise as you are a guest in my country! And read my earlier posts: I don't stand for yobs, especially racist ones as in my eyes it makes things worse as you are 'guests' and it reflects badly on the 'host'.

So, you are the kind of guy who likes to indulge in a bit of moral superiority: you even look down on your team mates at uni, right? People like you I have no time for. And if you come down to the Midlands I'd be happy to give you a humbling in badminton: generally I play the game to improve and enjoy, but I do so like humbling the arrogant! Haul your head from your ass.

About the Indonesia team v England, yeah you would win a Thomas Cup tie with your singles. I have already expressed the idea that our mens singles are crap... But you would get humbled in the Surdiman Cup as your women won't match up and we have the mixed in the bag... Plus, our men's doubles are a match for Kido/ Setiawan. I think you will get the pleasure of being taken apart by Denmark and China in the Surdiman Cup- you won't qualify because you can't play doubles! And your women's singles might get beat by HK, .....I wish you were in our group not Malaysia!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok my bad about the drinking part..

but I am saying English culture is football and rugby not badminton.........so yea....in general English ppl (especially the North) looks down on Asian ppl dats fact...proabably I'd get different prespective in the South.....but Asians are discriminated here....you have no idea wat they do here as u have never been to a small town in North England where everyday everyone ask you to go home while you have never offend them in any way.........as in everyone.....

so forgive me for m rude words...but still Indo would beat England in Sudirman cup......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have personally apologise for attacking the English culture...is merely uninterntional.....hehehe......

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast