User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kidosetiawan View Post
    How can those English ppl abuse Rexy??? stupid dumb chavs! England has stupid culture stupid ppl living here no offence...their culture is all about drinking and getting drunk...how can Rexy coach badminton to bunch of chavs?? Well for the love of god Rexy was here in England trying to help and the chavs who just took benefits actually abuse him.......Well England is a slump!!! Especially Manchester and Birmigham........gosh luckliy for Rexy now he is in KL...better place better ppl
    Quote Originally Posted by kidosetiawan View Post
    although not as good as Jakarta lol
    Kido, I am laughing so hard that my stomach ache...ouch! I heard of the party time, cheap rupee, etc in INA...but the political climate and the economy, if I am Indon, I will find the nearest bullet train...oh! did not realize this stuff does not exist in INA...well, I will find the nearest clunker and beat my way outa INA, faster than the speed of LCW in IO07!!! And nothing can hold me back, not even the pretty girls of INA, hahaha!!!!
    Kido, I think you wanna create some arguments and controversy, like Indra did a while back, to have fun in this forum with the pleading for Rexy, bashing England, etc.....hey, are you Indra using a different name, hahaha!!!
    All for humour and fun, life's short, do not take life seriously!!!LOL!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We just can't get away from history.

It is good if we could sit back and reflect on the history of our own country before we start commenting on other countries and paint their negative aspects..

Where did our own people come from, how were they treated, who were their masters, what did their political leadership do to make their peoples' lives better, were the governments of the day corrupt, why did some factions want to break away and become independent - questions, questions and more questions??? Can we ask some of these questions not only of Britain but also of Indonesia?

Most of Southeast Asia (perhaps with the exception of Thailand) had experienced colonisation, mainly from the West, like the Dutch, the British and others, and also from Asian countries, if we consider Japan as one.

If the colonial masters had occupied and ruled for very long periods in a particular country, most people there would somehow adopt an inferiority complex and regard their colonial masters as superior to them. Partly because their livelihood and even their very own lives were in the hands of the foreign masters. So this 'inferior-superior' relationship and attitude had persisted even after WW2 and remained so until today in certain backward or developing societies.

But the world is changing, Even Indonesia and other countries which encounter internal conflicts among its people and the government in the past, have to change to conform to what the world perceived to be minimal civilized treatment, individual liberties, minimium standards advocated by the United Nations, etc. Race, Language, Religion, Education, Culture and Income Distribution among others, are sensitive issues and could blow up within the society if not handled properly by the government.

So we agree that no one country is perfect. Each country has its own strengths and weaknesses just as an individual has his. We can only aspire to do better and reduce human conflicts, misunderstandings and sufferings. And our actions could be seen and judged by outsiders because the mass media, particularly TV, have brought the world closer together.

So now we have countries coming together to help those in distress and in dire need of assistance. We should do more of these good deeds instead of throwing mud at each other.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guys, guys, dont get too worked up about it. For the love of badminton, we should be getting closer together.

About the drinking culture in england, wel let me just say i have not been to the UK (i dont like to fly) but i think (based on my the brits which i have meet and family members staying there) drinking to these guys is no differnt to us malaysians going to a road side stall to eat after a game. Yep like the dusty oily high cholestrol food is going to help our game. Its just a way to relax, nothing more. MOst of the friends that i know form uk DONT get wasted. I dont drink but i dont think it is wrong for others to do so after the game...now if it is before.....

About indonisians, i have meet lots of them and one thing stands out. They always admit that their country is not perfect but they love Indonesia anyway. I think thats the most important thing. ONe just have to hand it to them...for all their problems and difficuties, most of them will defend their country to the end.
    Last edited by dunker; 05-24-2007 at 12:28 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    [color=dimgray]
    Kido, I am laughing so hard that my stomach ache...ouch! I heard of the party time, cheap rupee, etc in INA...but the political climate and the economy, if I am Indon, I will find the nearest bullet train...oh! did not realize this stuff does not exist in INA...well, I will find the nearest clunker and beat my way outa INA, faster than the speed of LCW in IO07!!! And nothing can hold me back, not even the pretty girls of INA, hahaha!!!!
    Kido, I think you wanna create some arguments and controversy, like Indra did a while back, to have fun in this forum with the pleading for Rexy, bashing England, etc.....hey, are you Indra using a different name, hahaha!!!
    All for humour and fun, life's short, do not take life seriously!!!LOL!

who is Indra...hahaha nah none taken....is ok man....but being controversial is good for a bit..it makes you famous hehehehe...but still I want Rexy back to INA....but man preety INA girls make me stay in Jakarta......seriously......its powerful.....u are not normal man when u say they can't hold you back.....unless you have different prefference

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dunker View Post
    Guys, guys, dont get too worked up about it. For the love of badminton, we should be getting closer together.

About the drinking culture in england, wel let me just say i have not been to the UK (i dont like to fly) but i think (based on my the brits which i have meet and family members staying there) drinking to these guys is no differnt to us malaysians going to a road side stall to eat after a game. Yep like the dusty oily high cholestrol food is going to help our game. Its just a way to relax, nothing more. MOst of the friends that i know form uk DONT get wasted. I dont drink but i dont think it is wrong for others to do so after the game...now if it is before.....

About indonisians, i have meet lots of them and one thing stands out. They always admit that their country is not perfect but they love Indonesia anyway. I think thats the most important thing. ONe just have to hand it to them...for all their problems and difficuties, most of them will defend their country to the end.
    I agree you are 100% right...we love our badminton

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5