ISO 96VF

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Spy, Dec 6, 2001.

1. Spy

Spy Regular Member

student
    Is the Isometric 96VF a good racquet? It has a little bit of titanium mesh in it and it sounds pretty reasonable for its price. I'm wondering if it is a good buy.

2. Eric

Eric Guest

I ve used a 95VF and 97VF. Never really use a 96VF, but I guess 97VF is pretty close to 96VF, since itz ti mesh as well.

97VF is a light racket, 3U. Fast response because of the ISO head shape. Not much power, but pretty stable due to the ti mesh. Take note that this racket has a relatively low recommended string tension.

Personally, I like this racket because of its lightness and the response it could give me.

Skip this racket if u r looking for power and extra stiffness.

It's a good racket for beginner to intermediate player. The price is cheap as well.

Hope this help.

3. Jeetz

Jeetz Guest

Hey Eric,
    Dont bother with this racquet. I got one, and then returned it...see other postings for my opinion about this racquet.

4. Spy

Spy Regular Member

student
    I went to the Yonex site and I discovered that the Ti-5 is exactly the same as the ISO 96VF in terms of stiffness, control, and power (I looked at the model comparisons). So I guess the ISO 96VF can't possibly be that bad. :)

5. Josh

Josh Guest

You are right!! It isn't that bad at all! I got some gift certificates to Sport Chek this Christmas and I found out that all the good racquets were sold out. So I decided that I'd just go ahead and use them and I got myself an Iso 76 VF. Sounds like a crappy racquet but it isn't all that bad at all. Not much power but the control is pretty good and the response is excellent in my opinion. I definately like the Iso 96 way better though! Back to your racquet, I'd give the Iso 96 a try.