Victor Power Wave 11 or Yonex Ti Swing Power SR

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by roughtheride, Mar 26, 2007.

1. roughtheride

roughtheride New Member

Hey all, wanted to see if I could get a comparison between the two racquets that I will purchase. Both happen to be local to me and used, and they're both in my price range.

I know that Victor's popularity isn't as great as Yonex and this particular Yonex is somewhat old.

As for me, I'm an intermediate player thats upgrading from a bargain Yonex Carbonex 8400. I play singles and definately offensive. Hoping to improve my game, and these two racquets are what I have narrowed it down to.

Would love to get one's experience with both or one of the racquets.

Thanks

2. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    I believe that the W11 is more stiff and head heavier, which means it packs a lot of smashing power if you have the required strength to handle it. Swing Power SR should be a bit more forgiving, if your strength is not up there.

However, since both are from your local area, definitely try both before making your decision.

3. Omegamiko

Omegamiko Regular Member

I'm a student, doing webdesign and a badminton equ
    I own the PW11, and its a very powerful and tight controlling racket. There's a lot of shock absorption and the torsion is very low, but the feel is retained and so control is very nice. For me though, my arm isn't terribly strong, so I fatigue very fast with this racket, it takes a lot out of me. It is very stiff and head heavy.

The Swing Power should be good, SR would probably be much more forgiving. I used to use the Iso Swing Power 900 SX, and that was a very heavy racket to me, though I liked it, I think I like my PW11 much more.

4. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    I will do a review of the Victor PW 11 in the coming week. Hmmm, l mean after April 27th.

5. david07

david07 New Member

Student
    We should have a section in the badminton racket reviews for Victor rackets, i would really like to know members opinions about the inside wave, nano, and power wave rackets. I'm also thinking of getting a Power Wave 11 as I hear it is a very powerful racket. I am currently using a Woven 8 and i'm just not getting enough power from it, not stiff enough and is even balanced. Do you think I will have a hard time changing from a Woven 8 to a Power Wave 11?

6. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Just received the Power Waves 11s. Initial hand testing suggests a lot of potential with these rackets. The shaft is on par with Yonex's stiff to extra stiff. There is a substantial feel of material. Hmm, I have a feeling Master Dan will like these rackets :D.

7. cycilver

cycilver Regular Member

Student
    the 2u pw11 can reach up to 99grams when strung!

8. david07

david07 New Member

Student
    bump!, but Pete, have you done a review on the Power Wave 11?

9. wocdam

wocdam Regular Member

Professional
    try Pro Ace Platinum 110. one of the stiffest rackets at a relatively low cost

10. Dngai728

Dngai728 Regular Member

Programming
    Amateur review for Victor's PowerWave11

Hi everyone,

I just tried the Victor PowerWave11 (3U Grip2) prestrung at maybe 23lbs. I would like to post my review on this this racket.

History: I used to have Yonex Ti10 (1st gen), the moved on the Yonex Ti10 (2nd gen) and now, I'm sponsored by Victor, so I picked the racket that has similar spec compared to Ti10s.

The PW11 is super stiff, which benefits mostly offensive players. Its accuracy and control are actually great due to the stability of the racket. When impacting the shuttle, you feel a lot less vibration comparing to my Yonex Ti10 (2nd gen).

The down side of it, the racket ITSELF is REALLY (I mean REALLY) heavy. I used to use Yonex Ti10 (1st gen) with 2U-G5 and I had no problem. The weight is evenlly balanced, which makes the racket HEAVY, period. The Ti10 is head heavy, which helps the swiinging motion more fluid and weight transfer. I trained only 2days with the PW11, doing some drills, and after an hour, my arm was sore and tired. (which never happend before). Just doing drives, the racket speed reduces at a very high rate, which results putting more into the net or just over powered your swing.

Color scheme is not too bad if you look for style, but this is definitely not a beginner's racket if you don't know how to support its weight and power. When you hold the racket, you feel that it's very sturdy and the quality is comparable to Yonex, which is good.

Overall: I give it a 6 on 10. (10 is perfect mark) Surely it may take time to get used to it, but I'm one of those "first test is going to be Love it or Hate it". And Victor SuperWave32 is one of those that I love it.

I hope this little review can enlight some of the Victor users. :)

I'm sending back my PW11 (if I can) and I will get the SuperWave32.
    If you require me to post a review, I'll be glad to.

Thanks

DN

11. wocdam

wocdam Regular Member

Professional
    get the 3U version of Superwaves 32. or a 3U Superwaves 31. SW31 is stiffer, and can deliver more power.

12. Dngai728

Dngai728 Regular Member

Programming
    Yeah, I will. I already tried it and I like it already. It's a lighter racket, still stiff. I just need to play more with it to get the hang of it. I usually use the racket's weight to generate power, but now, I gotta add a little more juice in my strokes.

Thanks for the suggestion. :)

DN

13. kooshball

kooshball Regular Member

when my yonex iso vf87 break, i have played with my friend's PW11 and its really hard to get used to.
    my old racquet was light and a little head-light and the pw11 is totally different. its really stiff and very very heavy like DN suggested from above. the first thing i noticed was my timing was totally off, took a good 2-3 days to get used to this