Need pattern for Pro Kennex Varioflex 28

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by Neil Nicholls, Mar 27, 2007.

1. Neil Nicholls

Neil Nicholls Regular Member

Help please!
    Need stringing pattern for Pro Kennex Varioflex 28.

Currently installed are 20 mains and 21 cross.
    Normal looking oval shape, but the grommets around T9-12 are in slightly different places.

It's been patched so many times I can't work out the original pattern.
    It looks like it is supposed to have only 20 mains, skipping T10 rather than the usual T11.
    Top cross is currently through 8. It might be supposed to be 7, but the grommets aren't giving any clues: H7,6,5 grommets look like new.

currently, left main 10, cross 8, and right main 10 are one piece of string, tied off at LT9 and RT7.

Looks like right main 9 comes out of T9 goes into T8 to start the crosses from the bottom up.
    Maybe left main 9 is supposed to go up left main 10 (through T11), be the top cross, down right main 10 and tie off.
    The crosses coming bottom up then tie off at the top.

Anyone got any ideas?

2. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

Are you sure? Is this a new racquet or older racquet? If it is 10 main, that means you have to tide off the main on the top and not the throat. Also, can you give us the number of grommets on one side please? If it is same as older Yonex, it should be the standard 22 main.

3. Neil Nicholls

I think it's from around 1997.
    There are 36 grommets on each side.

At the throat end, holes 9 and 10 are close together with bigger than normal gaps between 8-9 and 10-11. Looks like 8 is shared, 9 is for main only, 10 is for cross only, 11 is shared.

4. silentheart

Hi Neil,

I am pretty sure the pattern is standard 22mainX22cross. Why not prestring it and see if it look right.

Good luck.

5. Neil Nicholls

Here's some pics of it before I do anything else.

pic1

pic2

6. silentheart

Hi Neil,

From what I can see from the pic1, main tide off is on the top. Also, it should be 22 cross not 21 cross. Here is my def A for top and B for throat.
    String it like a regular racquet, till main A8. Go into A10 and come out of B11. Skip B10 and go into B9 the come out of A9. Tide off on A6 for main. Take the longer piece and go in A7 for 1st cross. String like regular reacquet till B10. Skip B9 and go into B8 and tide off cross on B7.

That is a nasty patch jobs...

7. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Yeah, very nasty patch jobs indeed. Why not restring the whole thing with fresh string :D?