achille pain

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by Konnichiwa, Mar 27, 2007.

1. Konnichiwa

Konnichiwa Regular Member

Studente
    just wondering if anyone here has any problem with achille tendon before? ive been resting about a month seems to be getting better but not 100 percent yet. i hurt it in training last month and have been icing and rest but getting so antsy ..... anyone have any suggestions or know how long it takes to heal effectively.. and im only 17 :crying: haha.. injuries so early not good thanx for any input :D

2. malayali

malayali Regular Member

namaskaaram..
    Usually achilles tendon tears occurs either because of old age or over weight, but you are only 17 years old so I dont think either is the case here.
    Take plenty of rest & try to put some ice on it.
    Above all that if the pain persists GO SEE YOUR DOCTOR!!!

3. westwood_13

westwood_13 Regular Member

Student
    I'm told that Achilles pain is very common in badminton players. It may be a problem with footowkr, but first off I suggest you see a doctor/atheltic therapist

4. SystemicAnomaly

SystemicAnomaly Regular Member

pre-Occupied
    Konichiwa, Konnichiwa.

An athletic shoe with good shock absorbing qualities could help. Elevating the heel within your shoe should also help quite a bit. An orthotic device for the heels will both cushion and elevate the heel so that the tendon is not strained or stretched as much. OTC heel pads (or heel cups) will probably do the trick. I found some very good gel types that don't move around in my shoes.

Have you tried ice cup massaging? Be sure that you ice after exercise, never right before. Also try some NSAIDs or herbal alternatives. For more about ice massages & NSAID alternatives, check out post #32 at:

badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40224&page=2