User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How to set proper tension?

Hi everyone!
    Few days ago I bought my first stringing machine. For now I now how to pre-string racet etc. But I have now idea how to set proper string tension. As you can see I have two parts weight. On the arm is a scale and if I want to set 12 kg where it will be? Front part of weight should show 12 kg or rear? Are the scale is proper for twopart weight or for one part only?
    When I am stringing I put arm vertically (90 degrees to string) and then lowering it to get horizont. Am I right? What to do when I don't get horizon, when arm is to high or to low?
    I hope I made myself clear and waiting your comments
    Michal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And another question. On the arm is a clamp where you put a string. It can be moved clockwise. Is it proper or I should blocked it somehow? If yes how?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you can, go out and get a digital like ths one.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=4328456

Mount a old string on it and set it to the tension you want to see if it is the right tesnion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gsi4ever
    On the arm is a scale and if I want to set 12 kg where it will be? Front part of weight should show 12 kg or rear? Are the scale is proper for twopart weight or for one part only?

When I am stringing I put arm vertically (90 degrees to string) and then lowering it to get horizont. Am I right? What to do when I don't get horizon, when arm is to high or to low?

And another question. On the arm is a clamp where you put a string. It can be moved clockwise. Is it proper or I should blocked it somehow? If yes how?
    For badminton you should only need 1 part of the weight.
    I would say match the front (nearest the axis) part of the weight to the scale. But it would be best to check using some scales like silentheart says.

If the arm ends too low, you should be able to hold the clamp where you put the string (or the circular piece it is mounted to) and raise the arm. This is a ratchet mechanism. This is normal operation.

If the arm ends too high you have to start again. Lift the arm until pressure is released on the string by the clamp. Put the string in again such that the arm would end up too low, then adjust to horizontal using the ratchet function.