User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by birdieeagle View Post
    Not sure about the price, but at least $40/ hr for private lesson.
    His price is $60.00 per hour.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pickel View Post
    His price is $60.00 per hour.

Thank you very much pickel! My son is now taking private lesson with him as well as in the group lesson. He's an excellent coach and he's very patience and fun to all his students. Highly recommended for intermediate and advance level players!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Badminton lesson

Quote Originally Posted by dex View Post
    Thank you very much pickel! My son is now taking private lesson with him as well as in the group lesson. He's an excellent coach and he's very patience and fun to all his students. Highly recommended for intermediate and advance level players!
    Hi Dex,
    How do you feel Charles and Allan, they both in the world ranking. I try to choose one for my daughter.
    Pickel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pickel View Post
    Hi Dex,
    How do you feel Charles and Allan, they both in the world ranking. I try to choose one for my daughter.
    Pickel
    I personally think they are both excellent! But "communication in language" and culture between the players and the coach(es) play an important role! Although every coach has their own style of playing and coaching, you must consider if your daughter's character too. Just my 2cents!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am so sad to learn that Allan is no longer with Flying Dragon. Anybody knows where he goes? Back to Malaysia? Anybody know why he left FDBC?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Allan will return. He has some work to look after back home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, I'm really curious about this club. Since I'm a newbie on this forum, I just want to know on how to get their location via TTC or YRT? I know this is a stupid question but I'm really desperate to play badminton!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by schwab View Post
    Ok, I'm really curious about this club. Since I'm a newbie on this forum, I just want to know on how to get their location via TTC or YRT? I know this is a stupid question but I'm really desperate to play badminton!
    Check their website and call them for directions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Their web site is www.flyingdragonbadmintonclub.com and address is 30 Vogell Road, Unit 3, Richmond Hill, main intersection is Leslie Street and 16 th Ave.,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread is turning into "Flying Dragon Badminton Club"!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wong8Egg View Post
    Check their website and call them for directions.
    Yea, I called them yesterday and apparently, they don't know where the closest bus stop is. Heck, the lady that I talked with is hard to deal with. I think there is a huge language barrier unfortunately.

Anyhow, I wonder if I dropped in alone, will there be a huge possibility that people in there are willing to play against a random guy? LOL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by schwab View Post
    Yea, I called them yesterday and apparently, they don't know where the closest bus stop is. Heck, the lady that I talked with is hard to deal with. I think there is a huge language barrier unfortunately.

Anyhow, I wonder if I dropped in alone, will there be a huge possibility that people in there are willing to play against a random guy? LOL
    If I were you, I will not waste my time in travelling and in return, you'll not only get disappointment because of their club policy! The lady you were dealing with probably is the owner, Monita! She has the character you wouldn't believe!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I were you, I will not waste my time in travelling and in return, you'll not only get disappointment because of their club policy! The lady you were dealing with probably is the owner, Monita! She has the character you wouldn't believe!
    You've been there already? Crap. They have good courts though..

Where do you suggest to drop in then?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL. I agree the lady there at the front desk is terrible. I only been there twice and I have already told myself I won't go there for the 3rd time. Like I am paying her to get yell at.

Go Lees or Mandarin.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL. I agree the lady there at the front desk is terrible. I only been there twice and I have already told myself I won't go there for the 3rd time. Like I am paying her to get yell at.

Go Lees or Mandarin.
    Apparently, one of my friends told me that Lee's and Mandarin's are a little bit too intimidating and people who plays there are kinda harsh. I just want a friendly competitive game. I'm afraid that I go to Lee's or Mandarin, no one will play against me coz I'm still very rusty right now I've stopped playing for 5 years and I'm slowly trying to get back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Go Lees or Mandarin.
    Absolutely agreed to Mr. Wong8Egg! A lot of people complained about the concrete floor under their court mat. The owner still insist they don't need any underpadding! I don't know how their members can tolerate their ankles and knees but time can certainly tell the difference when there are underpadding. Try out Mandarin or Lee's. They accept guest at around $10-$12/day. www.mandarinbadminton.com www.leesbadminton.ca

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am a member of FDBC and I agree that the concrete floor under is an issue. However FDBC did change all the lighting to reduce glare after complaints from their members. As for the front desk, there are a lot of different ladies at different shift, may not be Monita or the same person we are talking about. Most of the players and coaches here are friendly and there are drop-in sessions for different level of players.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast