cannot decide between ns 6k 7.7k and 8k...

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by FitnessFreak, Mar 28, 2007.

1. FitnessFreak

FitnessFreak Regular Member

ya i cannot seem to decide which to get...i am more on the beginner side i guess so would you recomend a 6k?

2. david07

david07 New Member

Student
    If your a beginner, don't spend so much money on a racket yet, having proper technique and footwork is more important, your better off getting a good pair of badminton shoes or lessons, just my two cents:)

3. __Lam

__Lam Regular Member

if you really want the racquet, then yes, 6k would suite you better.

4. LongReach

LongReach Regular Member

Electronics Tech, Badminton Junkie!
    i prob would not reccomend any nanospeed to a beginer.

Low end Muscle Powers would be a better choice.

Or something of even-balance..........not head lights, not head heavy.

From even balance you can decide which way you want to go once you got better.

don't think(not that you do) that a more expensive racket is better for you than a cheaper one.

I have recently dumped my nano 8k's for Armortec 250's which cost less than half the price of the nano's???????? Why???? In the end i play with them better, which is the most important thing you want from the racket you use.

Good luck with your choice.

5. FitnessFreak

i am more intermediate i think then beginner.

thing is i have to buy a racquet-and i would rather not buy a 150$ 1 now and then in a couple months get a 250$ 1...

i wud rather just get the better 1 first. i guess i will try the 6k..

oh and yea im investing in a club in september it starts and you sign up for 6 months- 3 times a week =)

thnx guys

6. Roman00

Roman00 Regular Member

thats what I decided as well, to buy one and us it for along time. But what I did is I got a cheap racquet $15 played for around 2 years and now im finally getting a At500..

Buying a new expensive racuqet good, but remember raquects can break.. so its best off training on technique, and footwork; the raquect doesnt help alot its more on the technique and footwork. be sure that you dont sweep the shuttle up as much, as thatwill damnage the racquet. Also, if your a beginer i would suggest not to play Doubles, unless you have a great doubles partner that you can communicate with, and also not clash racquets together

7. Linus

Linus Regular Member

Manager
    These 3 models that you have listed are basically head-light rackets. The differences as listed by Yonex are their stiffness:

NS6000 = Flex
    NS7700 = Medium
    NS8000 = Extra Stiff

Without wanting to doubt your skill, you need to be honest with your own ability and technic because without good technic, a head-light + extra stiff racket = shuttle not going very far!

Others do have a point that these headlight rackets are not really suitable for begainers. But if you really want to buy one of these, then NS6000 appear to be the safest option.

8. 2asian

2asian Regular Member

Get the ns7000!. It's stiff, but feels pretty flexible to me. I think it'll suit a beginner.

9. FitnessFreak

ok ty for the info,

just worried cuz some people said the ns 6k has no smashing power, and that it has some vibration system so the racquet feels dead?

10. Linus

Linus Regular Member

Manager
    Code:
    just worried cuz some people said the ns 6k has no smashing power, and that it has some vibration system so the racquet feels dead?

I will just take them as "opinions" because you will no doubt find some negative comment on any rackets for the fact that no single racket fit everyone's need. The more important question is whether YOU like it or not.

11. FitnessFreak

just so everyone knows i'm not a beginner beginner-i meant that i'm a beginner compared to the pros, which i guessed alot of you are :p

but to my school- i'm 4th best in my school..

i think i will try the ns 7.7k seeing as how i'm rlly aggresive

12. 2asian

2asian Regular Member

ns7700 is ugly. As good as people may say it is, its one damn ugly racquet dont get it.

13. storkbill

storkbill Regular Member

my initial impression of the ns6000 was that it absorbed a lot of the vibration and felt dead compared to my ns9000s. However, after playing with it more, i find that you can get used to the feel of the ns6000. I feel the 3u ns6000 is towards even balanced when compared to ns9000s 3u.

i would say that ns6000 is great for beginners and you can still use it as an intermediate. it has that great 'solid hitting feel' that non-nanospeed racquets that i've tried don't have.

As for the ns7700, because it's the most head-heavy of the ns i've tried, it's a great racquet for smashing.

but as mentioned earlier, ns7700 might be good for smashing... but it is stiff and the question is, are you able to execute a backhand clear using it?

14. Tsumaranai

Tsumaranai Regular Member

Student
    Wow, that's one subjective opinion. What ever happened to not judging by looks?

15. CYW2006

CYW2006 Regular Member

haha...NS7700 color seems not very good,but once u hold it ...u will love it...
    currently i have 1 NS6000 and NS7700...
    i got NS6000 first then NS7700 appear..i go and rush one...after i play with it....i love it very much...
    head light balance...it's a very light weight racket...defence and smashing is better than Ns6000
    i think u will love it ...
    try it out...
    dun judge by color...some racket also got no very good color in shape...
    cheers..

16. Omegamiko

Omegamiko Regular Member

I'm a student, doing webdesign and a badminton equ
    Unless you've tried it out, I will not suggest the NS8k for a beginner or intermediate. I personally love it, but I find it very unforgiving, and very weak if you're not used to it. The shot is often not solid like Armortecs or Muscle Powers, although it is more crisp. Torsion is quite high on mishits.

If you're adamant on Nanos though, I'd suggest a 5k, or 6k. I don't think the 7k is very suitable for beginner/intermediate either. I personally haven't tried the 7.7k so I don't know.

17. FitnessFreak

see this is the problem, i've played with an iso75 for like 4 years or so and i have never tried a stiff racquet. so i'm not sure if i will be able to use one or not...

it's either the ns6000 or ns7700....if i got the ns7700 would i be able to work with it and slowly get better? cuz theres no point in buyin a 6000 and then 5 months l8r spend another 250 on the 7700

18. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

This is what one of my friend's wife say about NS8k and NS7.7K. She currently uses a Cab8 with external joint. She tried out both NS8k and NS7.7k and she loves both of them. Her comments for NS8k is it is powerful and she can feel her shots and know where the shots goes. NS7.7k is more powerful than NS8k however she lost her touch of shots. I told her that NS8k is more fragile because the slim frame vs NS7.7k has AT frame and wider. Both have about the same balance point with NS8k is little more head light. I personally likes NS8k for better perfoemance. I can tell you that most of the advance player does not like NS6k.

FitnessFreak, Have you demo either one of them yet?

19. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Master Steven, tell that to CD6 :D :D :D.

20. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

Am I missing something here?:confused::confused::confused: