User Tag List

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, I was surprised that it last that long since he said it's a cheapo he got from the net. my club has bee n trying a lot of different brand for next season. the one on test right now is rsl tourney classic. that bird is super super durable, last more than 2 games . the kaiweisi green has degraded to warm up only by the end of 2nd game, but the RSL still going.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

from the way you describe, i'd say your group does not smash too much =P RSL tourney classic is RSL's top of the line shuttles. I certainly hope the last longer than pro kaiweisi's =P where did your friend get the tourney classic from?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drowsysmurf
    from the way you describe, i'd say your group does not smash too much =P RSL tourney classic is RSL's top of the line shuttles. I certainly hope the last longer than pro kaiweisi's =P where did your friend get the tourney classic from?
    I would say we're not a constant smasher. I play with a bunch of old ppl (35-40). just because the member of the club are around that age. I'd like to move up a level but not quite there yet. I've out leveled my current bunch of guys

the tourney classic was bought from rsl canada. the club "coach" bought it. it's replacing victor tourney #1 (blue).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Victor & RSL

I really only use 2 types of feather shuttles... Victor 78's & RSL 78's. I prefer the RSL's. We seem to get much more out of them than we do out of the Victor birds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kris1503dara
    I really only use 2 types of feather shuttles... Victor 78's & RSL 78's. I prefer the RSL's. We seem to get much more out of them than we do out of the Victor birds.
    i believe 78 is referring to the speed of the shuttle and not the model. what color are the tubes?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK, review for DTL pro-99 and DTL official. All bird has been steamed twice this week.

DTL official/RSL tourney#2: very good. last 1 1/2 game of MD with a lot of smashing. flight is consistence even when the feather is ruffled up. speed is very consistence too.

DTL pro-99/RSL tourney #3: lower grade than DTL official. last 2 full games, but the 1st game I play was against 2 old guys we won 15-0 (they used to be better then me, but not anymore ). Realistically, it'll last about 1 game.
    Last edited by Double_Player; 05-03-2007 at 10:34 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you should try the DTL master. they are a grade higher than the official. for me no birds have really lasted 1 game with a good amount of smashing. the official and tourney #2 died in about 1/2 game. i'd say the tourney #2 is better than the official and the master is better than the tourney #2 from that particular ebay seller. i am also currently purchasing the sosan greens from that ebay seller because i just need some training birds and sosan greens are good for training and club play. gonna save my RSL no.1 for tournament play so i won't be cutting the whole in my pocket too big.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well it's hard to say how long exactly a bird will last. depend on playing style and the game it self. DTL master eh? maybe for next season regular season ends in 2 weeks. no point trying to try them at this point. it won't go no where. I'm happy with kaiweisi green and dtl official. they're good enough for me .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

edited, double post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Rsl & Victor Shuttles

Quote Originally Posted by drowsysmurf
    i believe 78 is referring to the speed of the shuttle and not the model. what color are the tubes?
    For RSL, the tube is golden/bronze
    For VICTOR, the tube is mostly white with blue at the sides

And yes, the 78 is the speed... I believe the higher you go, the faster the shuttle. Most of the tournaments in my area use 78 I believe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Steaming Shuttles

I don't know how many of you actually steam the birds before use. They seem to slow a little bit. I've actually been debating about trying a faster bird (79's instead of 78's), to try and get my original speed @ 78. (I know that was probably confusing.)

Does anyone have any techniques for steaming birds?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

take it to shower with you =P that's what I do... har har... really i'm not lying =P then i put a semi wet piece of paper towel in it (i'm too lazy to do all the fancy work)
    refer to: http://www.shuttlecock.com/Resources...ck/hydrate.php
    there are 3 methods for you to choose from.
    just make sure when you use the steaming method, ur shuttles aren't too close as the heat could cause the glue on the shuttle to become weaker than it was.
    the RSL tube you are talking about is probably#1 Tourney or the Classic. The victor tube you are talking about is probably Tourney no.1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

another addition to the list:
    Tronex Gold - very nice shuttles as well. I would rank it along with RSL tourney #1. the flight is extremely consistent. the durability is right up there. the only problem i had was the tube i bought seems a little slow =P prolly got wrong speed for the wrong conditions. badminton alley used to carry them but no more... >.<

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

btw... couldn't run back and edit my post. the RSL tube that's gold is probably No.1 Tourney or Tourney No. 1 not Classic Tourney.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

rsl classic tourney(77) still one of the very best. weight and stability. as the name insist, Reinforced Shuttlecocks Limited, RSL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My shuttlecock is Garuda...
    I dont think there is any in other country beside Indonesia,
    It's good and not as expensive as Yonex...
    there are many fake Garuda in Indo, use the original one only...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by adrian.sutikna
    My shuttlecock is Garuda...
    I dont think there is any in other country beside Indonesia,
    It's good and not as expensive as Yonex...
    there are many fake Garuda in Indo, use the original one only...
    I have garuda crystal. it's crap. the feather is ugly + dirty and it doesn't fly properly. just sorta float. it's the rounded feather one. my aunt bought it for me when my parents was in Jakarta.

berapa harganya garuda yg sungguhan? punya gw ada harganya Rp 35000 terus ada sicker di deketnya Rp 4000 yg bikin PT torasakti indotama.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast