User Tag List

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

forgot to put in review for sosan green: OK. last 1/2 game before the feather start to break. the tube say select club grade, its true. don't last very long. good for practice and warm up.
    Last edited by Double_Player; 05-08-2007 at 08:18 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Japan does sell more Yonex products than the rest of the world since Yonex is Japan. The other major brand I tend to see is Gosen, which I have used and they are no where near the quality of Yonex. The F-90 I believe would be only sold in Japan because of the price (~$40 per tube) and Japanese people are always about quality. You never have to worry about the speed of the shuttles because the store changes their supply accordingly with the weather. Also, you usually do not have to worry about multiple different shuttle brands, especially unknown brands, being used by players. Most people use brands like Yonex and Gosen because tournaments always use those shuttles. I'm using Victor Greens now and personally they feel a little "light." The Yonex shuttles I used had more of a solid feel.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobatea
    Japan does sell more Yonex products than the rest of the world since Yonex is Japan. The other major brand I tend to see is Gosen, which I have used and they are no where near the quality of Yonex. The F-90 I believe would be only sold in Japan because of the price (~$40 per tube) and Japanese people are always about quality. You never have to worry about the speed of the shuttles because the store changes their supply accordingly with the weather. Also, you usually do not have to worry about multiple different shuttle brands, especially unknown brands, being used by players. Most people use brands like Yonex and Gosen because tournaments always use those shuttles. I'm using Victor Greens now and personally they feel a little "light." The Yonex shuttles I used had more of a solid feel.
    the AS-50 is like USD$26/tube or something and the AS-40 are USD$23/tube. For a regular player, those are pretty expensive. f-90s being $40/tube, i hope that can last 2 games at least.
    between AS-40 and RSL tourney No.1, i'd go witht he Tourney No.1 mainly because RSL is cheaper, flight consistency is also there, durability is about right there with the AS-40 in my opinion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My review of RSL Tourney Classic:

Superb feels, superb flight and awesome durability. Last more than 2 MD games for 1 steamed feather (with plenty of smashing). Simply put: Shuttlecock at its best, the ideal one.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah... double support your review... go RSL Tourney Classic!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

review for RSL tourney #5: OK. last 3/4 game before it start to wobble and loosing feather.

RSL tourney #2: good. last 1 game. 2nd game for some reason the bird is going slower.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No Hi-Qua shuttles being mentioned here.

When I was in HKG, Hi-Qua Blue and Hi-Qua Red are the only shuttles I used. They are cheaper than Yonex AS-40 and of better quality if you ask me.

Hi-Qua Red seems to be a better grade than Hi-Qua Blue but does not last as long as Hi-Qua Blue. Therefore we tend to use Hi-Qua Blue for warm up and practices and keep the Hi-Qua Red for actual game play.

When I return to Singapore, I could not find any shop carrys Hi-Qua, and since I have switched to RSL Tourney #1. But somehow I dont think it is as good as Hi-Qua Blue or Red.

To me, Yonex shuttles is too expensive sicne the price is tightly controlled by the distributor. And the model below AS-40 is not really playable (they donot last long nor do they give consistency).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*gasp* tourney #1 not live up the hi-qua blue?!?!? you must have had a bad tube or something. that's comparing the top of the line shuttle of one brand to bottom of the line shuttle in another brand... i think that the comparison should be pretty far apart unless u received a bad tube. it is true that the blue might be pretty durable... but i'd say the flight paht/consistency is far in comparison to a lot of other shuttles. the hi-qua red has the flight path/consistency, but the durability lacks a little, but it shouldn't be as bad as the blue. when i say durability i'm comparing itz flight path/consistency ability to hold up when the bird gets damaged a little bit.
    the only reason i'm con yonex because of price and also i do not like yonex corks too much. when i hit the shuttle, it closely reminds me of the feel i get when i hit their mavis shuttles... hard corks... just my opinion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drowsysmurf View Post
    *gasp* tourney #1 not live up the hi-qua blue?!?!? you must have had a bad tube or something. that's comparing the top of the line shuttle of one brand to bottom of the line shuttle in another brand... i think that the comparison should be pretty far apart unless u received a bad tube. it is true that the blue might be pretty durable... but i'd say the flight paht/consistency is far in comparison to a lot of other shuttles. the hi-qua red has the flight path/consistency, but the durability lacks a little, but it shouldn't be as bad as the blue. when i say durability i'm comparing itz flight path/consistency ability to hold up when the bird gets damaged a little bit.
    the only reason i'm con yonex because of price and also i do not like yonex corks too much. when i hit the shuttle, it closely reminds me of the feel i get when i hit their mavis shuttles... hard corks... just my opinion.
    Hmm..we need Matt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Double_Player View Post
    I have garuda crystal. it's crap. the feather is ugly + dirty and it doesn't fly properly. just sorta float. it's the rounded feather one. my aunt bought it for me when my parents was in Jakarta.

berapa harganya garuda yg sungguhan? punya gw ada harganya Rp 35000 terus ada sicker di deketnya Rp 4000 yg bikin PT torasakti indotama.
    maybe u buy a fake garuda...the genuine one costs about 70 thousand...
    lebih enak jauh, tapi kualitasnya emang lagi turun dibandingin tahun2 lalu, mungkin karena banyak kenaikan juga kali

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

been playing with RSL Classic Tourney as well as #1 and found them to be excellent, excellent shuttles . the are much more durable than some Yonex, Aeroplane and Swallow. they seem to be going down which is
    the Aeroplane gets soft after a couple of smashes plus missing feathers and does some quite dizzying spins in flight, but the RSLs stays true

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sheesh! I can rarely find RSL Classic Tourney anymore around my area.
    The last time I used it , it was definitely great !
    Currently using Protech Masterpiece , it's pretty good but a tad bit pricey.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sze Huang View Post
    Sheesh! I can rarely find RSL Classic Tourney anymore around my area.
    The last time I used it , it was definitely great !
    Currently using Protech Masterpiece , it's pretty good but a tad bit pricey.
    you may try out the Fleet 2002....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smash City has come out with their own brand name of shuttlecocks! Would someone please try it and tell how it goes ;D.

I'm on a highschool budget therefore I can't always purchase high end shuttlecocks.
    But so far my list of top bang-for-the-buck shuttlecocks is:

Chester - These are a little expensive but definitely worth it as the quality and durability makes up for it. They can be found for about US$18? Of course you can always order 50+ tubes and the wholesale price would be around US$15.

Tai Lai Gold
    - Awesome shuttles, it might be that I got a good tube, but the consistency, quality, and durability was great! I think this brand of shuttlecocks is about the same as Chester if not better. These are a dollar cheaper than Chesters at US$17 at Badminton Alley.

Yang Yang 2000A - These are great for the price. Great overall performance. US$14 great price. Most Yang Yang shuttles are quite inexpensive but performs quite well.

These are based on my previous experiences, many factors affect shuttlecock performance such as the batch, where/how long its been stored(in what temperature), whether or not you steamed them, and the speeds you've purchased them. Please do not get discouraged from purchasing a brand of birds purely because of one tube.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with Happy Daniel, the Yang Yang 2000a is great for Price and quality. Had been using Yonex AS30/AS40 and they are same in quality but the price cost an arm and a leg in Toronto.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nobody use chaopai ?
    I think it is good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i like using yonex as40s since they are more durable although expensive. :/ I find them lasting longer than the typical club shuttles that people buy at the clubs. IT last about twice as long.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast