User Tag List

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Results 52 to 68 of 159
  1. #52
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Kingston, ON
    Posts
    415
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    forgot to put in review for sosan green: OK. last 1/2 game before the feather start to break. the tube say select club grade, its true. don't last very long. good for practice and warm up.
    Last edited by Double_Player; 05-08-2007 at 08:18 AM.

  2. #53
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    125
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Japan does sell more Yonex products than the rest of the world since Yonex is Japan. The other major brand I tend to see is Gosen, which I have used and they are no where near the quality of Yonex. The F-90 I believe would be only sold in Japan because of the price (~$40 per tube) and Japanese people are always about quality. You never have to worry about the speed of the shuttles because the store changes their supply accordingly with the weather. Also, you usually do not have to worry about multiple different shuttle brands, especially unknown brands, being used by players. Most people use brands like Yonex and Gosen because tournaments always use those shuttles. I'm using Victor Greens now and personally they feel a little "light." The Yonex shuttles I used had more of a solid feel.

  3. #54
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Santa Barbara, California
    Posts
    633
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobatea
    Japan does sell more Yonex products than the rest of the world since Yonex is Japan. The other major brand I tend to see is Gosen, which I have used and they are no where near the quality of Yonex. The F-90 I believe would be only sold in Japan because of the price (~$40 per tube) and Japanese people are always about quality. You never have to worry about the speed of the shuttles because the store changes their supply accordingly with the weather. Also, you usually do not have to worry about multiple different shuttle brands, especially unknown brands, being used by players. Most people use brands like Yonex and Gosen because tournaments always use those shuttles. I'm using Victor Greens now and personally they feel a little "light." The Yonex shuttles I used had more of a solid feel.
    the AS-50 is like USD$26/tube or something and the AS-40 are USD$23/tube. For a regular player, those are pretty expensive. f-90s being $40/tube, i hope that can last 2 games at least.
    between AS-40 and RSL tourney No.1, i'd go witht he Tourney No.1 mainly because RSL is cheaper, flight consistency is also there, durability is about right there with the AS-40 in my opinion.

  4. #55
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Kingston, ON
    Posts
    415
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    My review of RSL Tourney Classic:

    Superb feels, superb flight and awesome durability. Last more than 2 MD games for 1 steamed feather (with plenty of smashing). Simply put: Shuttlecock at its best, the ideal one.

  5. #56
    Moderator drifit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Selangor, Malaysia
    Posts
    6,428
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    yeah... double support your review... go RSL Tourney Classic!!

  6. #57
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Kingston, ON
    Posts
    415
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    review for RSL tourney #5: OK. last 3/4 game before it start to wobble and loosing feather.

    RSL tourney #2: good. last 1 game. 2nd game for some reason the bird is going slower.

  7. #58
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Hong Kong/Singapore/Shanghai
    Posts
    707
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    No Hi-Qua shuttles being mentioned here.

    When I was in HKG, Hi-Qua Blue and Hi-Qua Red are the only shuttles I used. They are cheaper than Yonex AS-40 and of better quality if you ask me.

    Hi-Qua Red seems to be a better grade than Hi-Qua Blue but does not last as long as Hi-Qua Blue. Therefore we tend to use Hi-Qua Blue for warm up and practices and keep the Hi-Qua Red for actual game play.

    When I return to Singapore, I could not find any shop carrys Hi-Qua, and since I have switched to RSL Tourney #1. But somehow I dont think it is as good as Hi-Qua Blue or Red.

    To me, Yonex shuttles is too expensive sicne the price is tightly controlled by the distributor. And the model below AS-40 is not really playable (they donot last long nor do they give consistency).

  8. #59
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Santa Barbara, California
    Posts
    633
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    *gasp* tourney #1 not live up the hi-qua blue?!?!? you must have had a bad tube or something. that's comparing the top of the line shuttle of one brand to bottom of the line shuttle in another brand... i think that the comparison should be pretty far apart unless u received a bad tube. it is true that the blue might be pretty durable... but i'd say the flight paht/consistency is far in comparison to a lot of other shuttles. the hi-qua red has the flight path/consistency, but the durability lacks a little, but it shouldn't be as bad as the blue. when i say durability i'm comparing itz flight path/consistency ability to hold up when the bird gets damaged a little bit.
    the only reason i'm con yonex because of price and also i do not like yonex corks too much. when i hit the shuttle, it closely reminds me of the feel i get when i hit their mavis shuttles... hard corks... just my opinion.

  9. #60
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    vancouver,canada
    Posts
    1,663
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drowsysmurf View Post
    *gasp* tourney #1 not live up the hi-qua blue?!?!? you must have had a bad tube or something. that's comparing the top of the line shuttle of one brand to bottom of the line shuttle in another brand... i think that the comparison should be pretty far apart unless u received a bad tube. it is true that the blue might be pretty durable... but i'd say the flight paht/consistency is far in comparison to a lot of other shuttles. the hi-qua red has the flight path/consistency, but the durability lacks a little, but it shouldn't be as bad as the blue. when i say durability i'm comparing itz flight path/consistency ability to hold up when the bird gets damaged a little bit.
    the only reason i'm con yonex because of price and also i do not like yonex corks too much. when i hit the shuttle, it closely reminds me of the feel i get when i hit their mavis shuttles... hard corks... just my opinion.
    Hmm..we need Matt.

  10. #61
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    46
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Double_Player View Post
    I have garuda crystal. it's crap. the feather is ugly + dirty and it doesn't fly properly. just sorta float. it's the rounded feather one. my aunt bought it for me when my parents was in Jakarta.

    berapa harganya garuda yg sungguhan? punya gw ada harganya Rp 35000 terus ada sicker di deketnya Rp 4000 yg bikin PT torasakti indotama.
    maybe u buy a fake garuda...the genuine one costs about 70 thousand...
    lebih enak jauh, tapi kualitasnya emang lagi turun dibandingin tahun2 lalu, mungkin karena banyak kenaikan juga kali

  11. #62
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    HKG
    Posts
    1,273
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    been playing with RSL Classic Tourney as well as #1 and found them to be excellent, excellent shuttles . the are much more durable than some Yonex, Aeroplane and Swallow. they seem to be going down which is
    the Aeroplane gets soft after a couple of smashes plus missing feathers and does some quite dizzying spins in flight, but the RSLs stays true

  12. #63
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    PJ , Selangor , Malaysia
    Posts
    18
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Sheesh! I can rarely find RSL Classic Tourney anymore around my area.
    The last time I used it , it was definitely great !
    Currently using Protech Masterpiece , it's pretty good but a tad bit pricey.

  13. #64
    Moderator drifit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Selangor, Malaysia
    Posts
    6,428
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sze Huang View Post
    Sheesh! I can rarely find RSL Classic Tourney anymore around my area.
    The last time I used it , it was definitely great !
    Currently using Protech Masterpiece , it's pretty good but a tad bit pricey.
    you may try out the Fleet 2002....

  14. #65
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    26
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Smash City has come out with their own brand name of shuttlecocks! Would someone please try it and tell how it goes ;D.

    I'm on a highschool budget therefore I can't always purchase high end shuttlecocks.
    But so far my list of top bang-for-the-buck shuttlecocks is:

    Chester - These are a little expensive but definitely worth it as the quality and durability makes up for it. They can be found for about US$18? Of course you can always order 50+ tubes and the wholesale price would be around US$15.

    Tai Lai Gold
    - Awesome shuttles, it might be that I got a good tube, but the consistency, quality, and durability was great! I think this brand of shuttlecocks is about the same as Chester if not better. These are a dollar cheaper than Chesters at US$17 at Badminton Alley.

    Yang Yang 2000A - These are great for the price. Great overall performance. US$14 great price. Most Yang Yang shuttles are quite inexpensive but performs quite well.

    These are based on my previous experiences, many factors affect shuttlecock performance such as the batch, where/how long its been stored(in what temperature), whether or not you steamed them, and the speeds you've purchased them. Please do not get discouraged from purchasing a brand of birds purely because of one tube.

  15. #66
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    21
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I agree with Happy Daniel, the Yang Yang 2000a is great for Price and quality. Had been using Yonex AS30/AS40 and they are same in quality but the price cost an arm and a leg in Toronto.

  16. #67
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    China
    Posts
    71
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    nobody use chaopai ?
    I think it is good.

  17. #68
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Walnut Creek
    Posts
    110
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i like using yonex as40s since they are more durable although expensive. :/ I find them lasting longer than the typical club shuttles that people buy at the clubs. IT last about twice as long.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Nylon Shuttles (Plastic) Vs Feather Shuttles
    By Taijis in forum Shuttlecock
    Replies: 283
    : 07-25-2008, 04:55 PM
  2. shuttles
    By shiva in forum Market Place
    Replies: 10
    : 09-03-2005, 11:46 PM
  3. Cost: Plastic shuttles versus Feather shuttles.
    By badrad in forum Shuttlecock
    Replies: 14
    : 03-10-2002, 12:01 AM
  4. shuttles
    By TrunkZ69 in forum Shuttlecock
    Replies: 2
    : 06-26-2001, 07:46 PM
  5. Where to buy shuttles in SG
    By Byro-Nenium in forum Shuttlecock
    Replies: 8
    : 06-17-2001, 05:00 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •