User Tag List

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ...Hartono Sport is not on the list??..Did you check under Sporting Goods section??.....Anyways, they don't carry GM shuttles..
    oh sorry, it's on the list, btw there are 2 store named hartono sport, on dharmawangsa and kupang jaya, which one? i think dharmawangsa yahh? because as far i know the store [provide electronic machine for stringing

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default A bit off topic-I believe..

Quote Originally Posted by sifuyono View Post
    oh sorry, it's on the list, btw there are 2 store named hartono sport, on dharmawangsa and kupang jaya, which one? i think dharmawangsa yahh? because as far i know the store [provide electronic machine for stringing
    ..both are under the same owner & he owns both places; I think the main store is located in Jl. Kupang Jaya. In any rate, Hartono Sports doesn't carry any GM shuttles (i think they only carry Indocock, Gadjah Emas, Hi-Qua, Saxon and Java brands)..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unfortunately, the price of goods are expensive enough in Hartono.
    Price for bg-66 stringing about Rp. 50.000, usually i get for Rp. 42.500

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use RCL Titanium, it is quite durable. Normally we can play up to 1 and a half game with 1 shuttle.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Quick update..

..yes, i've tried the 6-packed Green GM shuttles (in fact, Halim Haryanto recommended them also). However, i haven't tried this new 12-packed ones; they look the same though..
    Quote Originally Posted by sifuyono View Post
    where is hartono and olympic sport? all in vida?
    ..sorry, haven't updated you guys on this. Well, after i tried the GM Green 12-shuttles in a tube, all i've got to say is: DO NOT BUY IT! I didn't realize how awful the shuttles are..*sigh* wished if i had known..Anyways, but the half dozen shuttles in a tube are okay. Just don't get the ones i got..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

..sorry, haven't updated you guys on this. Well, after i tried the GM Green 12-shuttles in a tube, all i've got to say is: DO NOT BUY IT! I didn't realize how awful the shuttles are..*sigh* wished if i had known..Anyways, but the half dozen shuttles in a tube are okay. Just don't get the ones i got..
    I bought it even Mona got some too...12 packed---

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow Yang Yang are Fast?

Quote Originally Posted by drowsysmurf View Post
    Thought it would be a good idea to see what shuttles people have used and maybe comment on them =P

Aeroplane EG-1101 - nice flight and durability (last 3/4 game)
    Aeroplane G1130 - better than G2130 but i dun quite remember
    Aeroplane G2130 - great warm up birds and for games. good flight and good durability for price (last 1/2 game)
    BADRUS Club Yellow - warm up birds. does not last and flight isn't that great.
    BADRUS Professional Pink - only ok birds. (last 1/2 game at most)
    Black Knight 6600 - Cork is too heavy, hits like a plastic bird
    DTL Master - nice flight and durabillity (last about 3/4 game)
    DTL Official - good flight and durability (last about 1/2 game)
    HL Champion - good flight and good durabilty (last almost 1 game)
    Kaiweisi Green Label - good flight, decent durability (last 1/2 -3/4 game)
    RSL No.1 Tourney - nice flight and nice durability (last for about 1 game, sometimes more)
    RSL No.2 Tourney - nice flight, ok durability (last for 1/2 game - 3/4 game)
    RSL No.4 Tourney - definitely warm up birds or for club play. flies okay and quite durable for the price i bought them at (last for 1/2 game)
    RSL Silver Feather - same as No.2 Tourney
    Sealion - i dunno which grade tho, but they weren't too durable and flight only ok.
    Sosan Black - nice flight but thought it was a little fast (last 1/2 - 1 game)
    Sosan Green - nice flight and only ok durability (last only 1/2 game or less)
    Tai-Lai Gold - nice flight and nice durability (last about 1 game)
    Tai-Lai Green - i rank it with the Sosan Green
    Victor Gold No.1 - i like Tourney No.1 better (last about 1/2 game)
    Victor Tourney No.1 - Pretty nice birds, consistency in flight and speed. (last 3/4 - 1 game)
    Wilson WS-500 (i think or 300) - terrible shuttles
    Wilson WS-700 - felt like warm-up birds
    Yang Yang 2000A - pretty nice birdies (imo better than the sosan green)
    Yang Yang 300B - flies well and last for 1/2 - 3/4 of game
    Yonex AS-10 - pretty durable for duck feather and flies (better than WS-700 for sure)
    Generic (eshuttlecock.com/bestbuyplaza) - great for warm up and club play only. (last about 1/2 game at most)

RSL No.1 Tourney, Victor Tourney No.1, Tai Lai Gold (maybe) would be a few of the shuttles i would recommend (if u can find them for $15 or under, they're somewhere out there ) These shuttles have good flight even when the feather experiences a little wear and tear (unless a whole feather comes off, then it does not matter what shuttle u use, flight will be off.) They are also quite durable therefore u do not have to go thru shuttles after shuttles. I'd say they have the greatest price to durability to flight ratio.
    DinkAlot says that yang yang 300B are very fast and that to have equivalent speed, its only possible if we use one speed below. Do you agree?

Thank you

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

where i got it from which is badminton alley, they only had one speed and it didn't fly fast for me. however this was awhile back (1 year now? maybe a bit more) when i tried it out. don't know about the new batches.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sosan black flew fast for me last time i played with it. faster than 300b if that's a good measure for u.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow

sosan black flew fast for me last time i played with it. faster than 300b if that's a good measure for u.
    AS-40 speed 3 is equivalent to Yang Yang 77? Not in theory (I know that the speed 3 is equivalent to speed 77), but in practice.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gavias View Post
    AS-40 speed 3 is equivalent to Yang Yang 77? Not in theory (I know that the speed 3 is equivalent to speed 77), but in practice.
    I think u meant to say in theory that is true, but in practice it is false due to various standards of manufacturer for example different corks and stuff. I've found AS-40 of speed 3 to be too fast for my liking. their speed feels like that of sosan black and their cork is extremely hard. I guess that is what a "true" shuttlecock should feel like? btw, the difference in speed is due to the weight of the shuttle. keeping the shuttle weight the same doesn't mean shuttle from different manufacturers would fly the same. the placement of feather, shape of feather, thickness, positioning, etc also comes into play to make the shuttle fly faster or slower. the weather is another factor. 76 and 77 is a typical speed i use in US.

my advice to you choosing a shuttle is the same as my advice choosing a racket. try it out. just buy a tube. what's the worst, u use the tube up by the end of the week and buy another tube. different people have different preference. you see some people who likes to play with fast shuttle and some that likes to play with slower. another test u can try out is stand at the baseline and do an underhand hit. the shuttle should land right on/close to the long serve line in doubles. if it hits the singes serve line, itz too fast. if it hits 1.5ft or before the doubles long serve line, itz slow.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DinkAlot says that yang yang 300B are very fast and that to have equivalent speed, its only possible if we use one speed below. Do you agree?

Thank you
    btw... i agree to that statement if you do not put yang yang 300B because i think it applies to all shuttles not just the yang yang 300B.
    another solution is the bend the tip of the shuttle out. start out by bending every 4th feather. if that's too fast, then every other feather.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no yangyang are not so fast ,we use 77 or 78(they are ok,when the people think they are too fast ,to me they last longer,no need to heat them too much)
    but first we bought 400 tubes at 13 euros ,now they are at 15.5eur so much expensive at the moment!!!!!in Paris

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow

I think u meant to say in theory that is true, but in practice it is false due to various standards of manufacturer for example different corks and stuff. I've found AS-40 of speed 3 to be too fast for my liking. their speed feels like that of sosan black and their cork is extremely hard. I guess that is what a "true" shuttlecock should feel like? btw, the difference in speed is due to the weight of the shuttle. keeping the shuttle weight the same doesn't mean shuttle from different manufacturers would fly the same. the placement of feather, shape of feather, thickness, positioning, etc also comes into play to make the shuttle fly faster or slower. the weather is another factor. 76 and 77 is a typical speed i use in US.

my advice to you choosing a shuttle is the same as my advice choosing a racket. try it out. just buy a tube. what's the worst, u use the tube up by the end of the week and buy another tube. different people have different preference. you see some people who likes to play with fast shuttle and some that likes to play with slower. another test u can try out is stand at the baseline and do an underhand hit. the shuttle should land right on/close to the long serve line in doubles. if it hits the singes serve line, itz too fast. if it hits 1.5ft or before the doubles long serve line, itz slow.
    When I am thinking in the equivalences, I am think that in the same local at the same time AS-40 speed 3 are faster then Yang Yang 300B 77 or are slower? To do comparisons we need to have the same conditions in order to do a correct test. This evaluation its only possible if someone in practice have done this test; otherwise what we can say, are theories.

DinKAlot did a test and he said that its necessary to buy Yang Yang 300B one speed slower. But I don' know if he have done the test under the same environment conditions and even if he did it, I would like to have another opinion.
    Last edited by gavias; 02-05-2008 at 09:53 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default RSL Classic Tourney..... Rock !!!

I'll go for......
    RSL-Classic Tourney
    ProAce AT-85
    Fleet 2002
    Protech Masterpiece
    RCL Titanium
    RCL Super
    VEE

If those not available then I'll go for.....
    Protech Millenium
    Yang Yang 300B
    Aeroplane c110
    Sealion c110
    Sintec 828

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mavis 300. And some other kind of random birdies.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I am thinking in the equivalences, I am think that in the same local at the same time AS-40 speed 3 are faster then Yang Yang 300B 77 or are slower? To do comparisons we need to have the same conditions in order to do a correct test. This evaluation its only possible if someone in practice have done this test; otherwise what we can say, are theories.

DinKAlot did a test and he said that its necessary to buy Yang Yang 300B one speed slower. But I don' know if he have done the test under the same environment conditions and even if he did it, I would like to have another opinion.
    i agree with what you say about environment conditions. but u also have to take into account the player. some likes it fast and some likes it slow. people who like it fast might say certain brand is too slow and vice versa. in my area, when i test shuttle the way i described, the as-40 never passes the test. it actually flies past between the doubles and single's long serve line (base). i didn't have that problem with 300B. that said, i used as-40 a lot more recently than 300B. as a tester, the time difference is enough to say that batches have been different, maybe even the quality and make of the shuttle. my strength has also grown considerably (i play like 5 days a week now compared to like 2, maybe 3 times a week when i tested the 300b). that guide i made is just a guide in terms of my preference and from when i was actually testing it. also the other thing is i dunno what MASTER DINK said. his experience could be different from mine. his skill level is higher than mine to so maybe he might have a better guide than mine, or maybe he has a different way to judge the shuttles he reviews (i dunno where that review is either. a link would be nice cuz i wanna see his reviews like the grip review and the string review). i tried to keep my guide unbiased, but it might not be? so that's my final say on it take it as a guide but in the end, try it out for you own reference because you play differently from me. it is almost like recommending a string or a racket. you have to try it out to know what fits you best.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast