What Shuttles Have You Used

Discussion in 'Shuttlecock' started by drowsysmurf, Mar 29, 2007.

1. drowsysmurf

drowsysmurf Regular Member

Make ppl happy O_O
    Thought it would be a good idea to see what shuttles people have used and maybe comment on them =P

Aeroplane EG-1101 - nice flight and durability (last 3/4 game)
    Aeroplane G1130 - better than G2130 but i dun quite remember
    Aeroplane G2130 - great warm up birds and for games. good flight and good durability for price (last 1/2 game)
    BADRUS Club Yellow - warm up birds. does not last and flight isn't that great.
    BADRUS Professional Pink - only ok birds. (last 1/2 game at most)
    Black Knight 6600 - Cork is too heavy, hits like a plastic bird
    DTL Master - nice flight and durabillity (last about 3/4 game)
    DTL Official - good flight and durability (last about 1/2 game)
    HL Champion - good flight and good durabilty (last almost 1 game)
    Kaiweisi Green Label - good flight, decent durability (last 1/2 -3/4 game)
    RSL No.1 Tourney - nice flight and nice durability (last for about 1 game, sometimes more)
    RSL No.2 Tourney - nice flight, ok durability (last for 1/2 game - 3/4 game)
    RSL No.4 Tourney - definitely warm up birds or for club play. flies okay and quite durable for the price i bought them at (last for 1/2 game)
    RSL Silver Feather - same as No.2 Tourney
    Sealion - i dunno which grade tho, but they weren't too durable and flight only ok.
    Sosan Black - nice flight but thought it was a little fast (last 1/2 - 1 game)
    Sosan Green - nice flight and only ok durability (last only 1/2 game or less)
    Tai-Lai Gold - nice flight and nice durability (last about 1 game)
    Tai-Lai Green - i rank it with the Sosan Green
    Victor Gold No.1 - i like Tourney No.1 better (last about 1/2 game)
    Victor Tourney No.1 - Pretty nice birds, consistency in flight and speed. (last 3/4 - 1 game)
    Wilson WS-500 (i think or 300) - terrible shuttles
    Wilson WS-700 - felt like warm-up birds
    Yang Yang 2000A - pretty nice birdies (imo better than the sosan green)
    Yang Yang 300B - flies well and last for 1/2 - 3/4 of game
    Yonex AS-10 - pretty durable for duck feather and flies (better than WS-700 for sure)
    Generic (eshuttlecock.com/bestbuyplaza) - great for warm up and club play only. (last about 1/2 game at most)

RSL No.1 Tourney, Victor Tourney No.1, Tai Lai Gold (maybe) would be a few of the shuttles i would recommend (if u can find them for $15 or under, they're somewhere out there :p ) These shuttles have good flight even when the feather experiences a little wear and tear (unless a whole feather comes off, then it does not matter what shuttle u use, flight will be off.) They are also quite durable therefore u do not have to go thru shuttles after shuttles. I'd say they have the greatest price to durability to flight ratio.

2. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Hmm..

...drowsysmurf, that's quite a variety of brands you've used..;) :cool:..Btw, we're just waiting for our NGP/DinkAlot to do a "DinkAlot's shuttles review", just to add to his other baddie goodies reviews :p:D;):cool:

#2 ctjcad, Mar 29, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2007
  3. azn_123

azn_123 Regular Member

Student
    Yonex AS 40<--excellent flight/everything
    Sosan black I believe<--ok shuttle but it's pretty good imo.
    Yonex mavis 300/350 urrr I rather go with feathers lol but it's descent enough.

4. RiceBaiiKhao

RiceBaiiKhao Regular Member

FEATHER
    -> Yonex AS-10/15/20 Acceptable flight. Lasts 1/2 game if you are lucky :p
    6.2/10

-> RSL. Tourney No.1. Good+ Flight. Lasts ~1 game.
    8.7/10

-> RSL. Tourney No.2 Good- Flight. Lasts ~½ game
    6.8/10

5. drowsysmurf

Make ppl happy O_O
    yup i am trying out birdies to see which one i should buy =P all the RSLs, DTLs i bought recently. The rest i bought them cuz it was cheap practice shuttles for my club play and also when i go to tournaments i buy more expensive one. the place i buy it at sometimes run out so i use different shuttles and therefore that's how i came to know and play all those. now i'm trying to find a good price to durability to flight ratio (making some money now i can afford like 14 or 15/tube as opposed to 10-13 when i wasn't making money. as for the yonex as-40 and 50 i doubt i'll ever use them. they sell for over $20/tube. i've seen ppl used them... and see that it last about 1 game and the RSL tourney 1 seems as good as the 40... not sure about 50. i haven't picked up any as-50 birds off court yet (players typically save them for their warm up next time) i've seen some as-40 after a game and the seem to be in the shape of RSL tourney 1 after the end of 1 game.

6. drowsysmurf

Make ppl happy O_O
    oops...i missed a couple more:
    Aeroplane SG1101 - right up there with the EG1101 (i thought the speed was a bit better than the EG1101, but definitely a tiny bit less durable)
    Chesters - excellent durability and good flight. (last about 1 game sometimes more)
    Hi-Qua Purple - speed on these shuttles for me were always an issue. they do not fly far enuff and lack the durability. better off with sosan green (imo).

7. drowsysmurf

Make ppl happy O_O
    adding more to the list:
    Bintang Yellow Label (generic) - ok flight, ok durability. i'd say not worth the price to durability to flight ratio.
    Bintang Blue Label - think this is their club quality birds. really club quality.

8. vtqanh

vtqanh Regular Member

Shuttles I have used:
    Yonex AS-10: Flight pattern ok, durability below average. Not worth the money. For the price, there are always better shuttles. Price: $10/tube (2002)

America 1/America 2: Played with these shuttles a while back, Flight pattern similar to the AS-10, better durability and cheaper (about 1/2-3/4 game per shuttle). Price: $9/tube (2002)

OCBC Tournament Grade: Good flight pattern, decent durability (1/2 shuttle per game). Price $15/tube (2004)

RSL Tourney 4: Best bang for the money at $10/tube. Not very durable but the flight pattern is very good for such low priced shuttles (1/2 per game). Price: $10/tube (2007)

Tailai Gold: A lot of people swear up and down by this shuttle, but my experience has been only ok. Flight pattern is good but not exceptional, durability is good. About (1/2-3/4 per game). Price: $16/tube (2007)

YangYang 2000: compared to the tailai gold, the flight pattern is not as good, but the durability is about the same, a bit cheaper than Tailai. Price : $14/tube (2007)

Sosan Black: flight pattern is good, but could have been better for its price range. In a tube I would get 2-3 shuttles that has less-than-perfect flight pattern. Durability is excellent (3/4 per game). And I agree that they tend to be fast. Price $17/tube (2007)
    Gotta go now, will post more when I get back..

#8 vtqanh, Mar 30, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2007
  9. adamp1

adamp1 Regular Member

school?
    as-10 - very easy to break and a slow and unconsistant flight
    as-15 - minor improvement to the as-1-
    as-20 - durability better and flight more consistant
    as-30 - beginning to get to good shuttles now with the flight quite consistant
    as-40 - good shuttles, nice speed nice flight nice durability
    as-50 - i expect very good but i havent used them yet

10. vtqanh

vtqanh Regular Member

Continue....

Continue from previous post...

Sosan Gold:
    Very good flight pattern and durability (about 1 per game). But again, these tend to be fast. Price: $17/tube (2007)

RSL Tourney No 1:
    Very good flight pattern and durability (1 shuttle per game). Price: $14/tube (2007)

Aeroplane Black (EG1130):
    Excellent flight pattern and durability. The flight pattern is the best I have seen (minus the AS-50, of course). Usually about 1 shuttle per game. Price: $17/tube -- I probably will prefer the RSL Tourney 1 over this one due to the price difference.

Phonenix Silver: Good warm up shuttle. The shuttles seem to be light, which makes the flight pattern sometimes inconsistent. (one shuttle for 1/2-3/4 game). Price: $9.50/tube (2007)

Phoenix Gold: Good flight pattern (although not as nice as OCBC, Sosan Gold, Tourney 1, and Aeroplane), decent durability (3/4 game). But for the price, it's a good choice. Price: $10.50/tube (2007)

BadRus: Good flight pattern and durability (3/4-1 game). Not sure about the price since I never bought these.

Chester: Good flight pattern and durability (1/2-3/4 game). Don't know the price, but last time I checked it wasnt very attractive. There are better choices anyway.

Bestbuyplaza.com: I played with the Standard Grade, and not the Tournament Grade. They seemed ok. So so flight pattern and durability, probably good for warm up. But for the price, you might as well just just the Phoenix Silver for warming up.

Wilson Tournament Grade: Good flight pattern and average-to-very-good durability (if you use the smart tube lid properly, the durability is excellent, one shuttle could last for about a game). Price: $14/tube (2007)

My pick: RSL Tourney 1, RSL Tourney 4, Aeroplane Black, Phoenix Gold.

11. drowsysmurf

Make ppl happy O_O
    where did u get tourny no.1 for $14 from??? i want O_O

12. drowsysmurf

Make ppl happy O_O
    after testing out a full tube of RSL No.1 Tourney. I have found the the quality control seems quite good because the whole tube have the same quality shuttles (usually in other tubes u might find a bad seed or 3)

13. vtqanh

vtqanh Regular Member

Just sent you a PM

14. RiceBaiiKhao

RiceBaiiKhao Regular Member

I would like to know where to get RSL Tourney No.1
    for 14 USD too (shipping included, if possible)
    Sent you a PM

15. Double_Player

Double_Player Regular Member

me too. that's a cheap price for RSL tourney no 1

16. baddyboy

baddyboy Regular Member

Could you send me a PM with the info..

Could you send me PM with the info on where to buy RSL #1 for $14?

Appreciate it

17. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    I assume the price quotes are from the US market (i.e. purchase from online/local US dealers). I assume if you bulk order from Asian market, the "ranking" might be a bit different, depend on availability. :rolleyes:

18. drowsysmurf

Make ppl happy O_O
    yup all the above i bought mostly in US or online. i do not buy bulk order before as i do not go through shuttles fast enuff (only recently i do) i wouldn't store shuttles for more than 1/2 - 3/4 year. if i were to buy a box of 50, chances are they are already couple months old then i would have to used them all up within the next let's say 6 mths or else the birds starts sucking. =P

19. Bobatea

Bobatea Regular Member

Victor Champion #1
    I can't remember which is the darker green, but I remember seeing Champion #1 and #2 and the darker greens last longer and are better quality birds.

Victor Champion #2
    Assuming this is the lighter green, the life is not as long and from my experience isn't as consistent.

Victor Tourney #1
    Decent birds, but definitely not good game birds. Doesn't last long enough, inconsistent, and have had issues with them straight out of the tube.

Victor Gold #1
    Horrible birds. Definitely not game birds or even training birds.

Victor Silver #1
    Even worse than the Gold #1. Usually died on me on the first smash.

Yonex Clear I (AS-15)
    Used this in Japan and they were decent. Were definitely better than the Victor Tourney #1 that I used before going to Japan, but a grade lower than the Champion #1.

Yonex High-Clear (AS-50)
    Great birds. Consistent, lasted long, and had a great feel.

Yonex Official (AS-70)
    Even better than the AS-50 in every aspect.

Yonex New Official (AS-80)
    Even better.

Yonex Tournament (AS-90)
    The best birds I've ever played with. Well, obviously since this is what pros are using :). I was spoiled in Japan. I'll try and be a little more specific later.

20. baddyboy

baddyboy Regular Member

shuttles that I have used

MMOA - 850
    Very good ones. Got them at a very good price too(well six months back)

HYS - Blue
    Bulk ordered by a guy at our club. Lasts for about 3/4th game. Worth the price

King Shuttle - 707
    One batch was good but the later ones were horrible. Inspite of humidifying, they broke.

MMO - Standard
    Tried these before ordering 850 ones. Good flight and durability. sometimes lasted for more than a game.

Victor Gold #1
    I have had good experience with these. May be the batch that I used was that way. Got them for $10 a year back. I did not know about these shuttles so bought two tubes initially. Later on wanted to buy more at that price and they were out of stock. Very good flight and durability inspite of the hard smashes we had.

GOGO
    Warm up type. Very light, takes a lot of energy to hit these. Ok flight and not durable at all

America #3
    decent flight and ok durability. These came in neon yellow, so bought a box to try these out. Won't recommend them.

Chester
    Very good flight and highly durable. at the current price I won't buy them. (goes for $17 and up)