MP-29 Light : Ideal Stringing?

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Angelofstorm, Mar 30, 2007.

1. Angelofstorm

Angelofstorm Regular Member

Badminton Fanatic
    Hi Everyone!
    I'm pretty new to badmintoncentral but I've got a question; which strings would be best when I need to restring a Muscle Power 29 Light. There aren't a lot of threads or discussion going on about this particular racquet though. Its a 2006 March release I think. My factory strings are getting wary and loose. I was thinking of replacing it with a BG-65, 0.70mm, 19lbs just to start with but many people have said BG-65 does not last very long. I smash quite a lot and I don't think that replacing BG-65's every so often for ~13$ would be appropriate. Oh and one last thing, I checked on Sweetspotcanada.com (a racquet store/site in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada), and it said that BG-65's cost about $13.00 CDN. Would this include the price of them stringing it for you?

Thanks a lot guys~
    Angelofstorm:p

2. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

Hi Angel,

First of all, welcome. FYI, BG65 is one of more durable string in Yonex string line up. However, it does not hold tensio very well. Please do some search on pro and con of each type of the string. Sir DinkALot had a very good string review. If you don't know what you want and on a budget, BG65 is always a safe choice. For few dollar more, BG80 will be a much better choice.

Good luck

3. Roman00

Roman00 Regular Member

Hi Angel,

First off, Sweetspot is a Big rip off!
    Everything they sell is overpriced, racquets, strings, anything in there is a rip off and is for RICH people only unless you want to spend an extra 30-50 dollars on a racquet.

$13 is way over priced, usually Bg 65 go for $5-$6, but too bad we live in Edmonton eh? The cheapest ive found the bg65 is for 10.30 i think, @ sportcheck @ west edmonton mall. As I said, the regular price for the Bg65 is only around 5-6 dollars.

The price of the string DOES NOT include stringing, for stringing you need to find a stringer, depending on different stringers they will cost different amount of money. The stringing isnt cheap, i've seen places like the Derrik website, Royal genora and such string for around $30... Im not sure if thats a high price for stringing I would suggest maybe going to an badminton club, drop in and see if they have anything on sale.. You could buy the string, but remember you have to find a stringer, pay the stringer, and hopefully the string doesnt break.

Bg65 is one of the most durable strings, you can have a look at the strings from Dinkalots Badminton string review, its on the sticky.

Edit: by the way. how'd you do on the tournament? How much is it for a year to join the Derrick Club? Just wonderin since I need a place to play more competitively. Hopefully its not too much for me to handle :D

#3 Roman00, Mar 30, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2007
  4. chrishin

chrishin Regular Member

in canada you should be able to find BG 65 for around 20 including string and stringing job.
    however when i last asked in toronto, Sportcheck said they string racquet for 10, but i don't trust them with my racquet.
    for more info on sportcheck stringing use search and you will find quite a few negative comments.

5. Angelofstorm

Badminton Fanatic
    Hey Guys
    First of all, thanks for all your warm comments and suggestions; sorry I think I misread the BG-65's durability for some different weak attribute. Yeah I go to the Derrick Club and I can usually get the Coach (Ma) to string racquets for me but he strings with very little tension. The assistant head coach (Jon) strings much better (or so I've heard) so I might get him.

Roman, the Derrick membership fee is usually around ~200 a MONTH so you might not want to play badminton only for that expensive price. However the other facilities aren't bad either like the gym, pool, billiards, ping pong, etc.. You might want to get sponsored. To do that, just drop in the Derrick Club at any time during weekdays in the afternoon to play and then he'll ask if you want to be sponsored or not. If you get sponsored, you're going to have to train hard though, really hard.

Back on track, maybe I should buy BG-65/80 from Sport Chek and then bring it to the Derrick for Coach Jon to string it.

Thanks a lot guys! Might need a few more opinions though. A couple of personal experiences couldn't hurt either.

6. chrishin

chrishin Regular Member

sport check as BG 80 ? :eek:
    i only saw Bg 65 and 65 ti in my local sportcheck

7. Angelofstorm

Badminton Fanatic
    Really? Do you have to ask for the strings though?

8. Roman00

Roman00 Regular Member

no, they should have strings close to were the racquets are.

9. azn_123

azn_123 Regular Member

Student
    BG65 is one of the most durable strings. Btw I could get bg65 for a few dollars. Try www.mybadmintonstore.com <--very good store.

10. blackfrost

blackfrost Regular Member

I swallow Shuttles
    Can somebody give me a list of stringers in edmonton?please?