What is happening to Stringway (laserfibre)

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by Erwin, Apr 1, 2007.

1. Erwin

Erwin Regular Member

I was looking at the stringway site www.stringway.com just now, and something very concerning is showing. It says the domain name is for sale, and the site redirects you to the Arfaian site, or to the Eagnas site.

Has stringway gone bust? Is it bought by Arfaian? And more important: what is going to happen to their products???

I've got an Stringway ML90, and I still want to upgrade it, fixed clamps, a stand, etc.

Does anyone have ANY information on this?

My hope is that this is a VERY BAD april's fool :p, because http://www.stringway-nl.com/nl/index.html is still working...

2. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    So, have you upgraded yet? You get to purchase the badminton fixed clamps :p :D.

Erwin, have yoiu thought about transplanting the Stringway tensioner onto another drop-weight machine model?

#2 Pete LSD, Apr 1, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2007
  3. Erwin

Erwin Regular Member

Actually I haven't, because I think the mounting system is very good. I admit it sometimes is a pain in the ass to place a racket, but when placed, it's rock solid.. Plus I think the six-point outwards support is a very good concept for low distortion.

And of course there's the money thing. I'm on a WAY tighter budget than you :p I can't just buy another tabletop stringingmachine....
    I bought the machine, with in mind that all expansions should be bought with money made by the machine. But since I'm injured for almost more than one and a half year, and not playing since july (yeah I know should've taken a break sooner...), I don't get a lot of rackets from people to be strung. So not a lot of money is coming in for expansions nowadays. (And I cheated a bit, because I bought an iPod from the first money made. :p Not really cheating though, since I spent 8 hours almost each weekend in a train from my parents house to my room near the university. I use the iPod more than anything which is badinton-related...)

4. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Indeed, the six-point internal support is rock solid and mounting is a real pain in the A S S.

Did you say the badminton fixed clamps from Stringway is EURO240?

5. Erwin

Erwin Regular Member

Yup, 240 euro's which equates to 370 CAD.. i'm not quite sure if I ever get to order these, because I'm not sure if one clamp can reach the entire width of the racket... That is a must for my stringing pattern, so if it can't reach to clamp the last string, it's pretty useless. Besides that, it's ridiculously high priced.

I thought I could just order a stand like the ML120 has, and mount my tabletop in it. But now I see it is much more complicated: The stand of the ML 120 isn't just a stand, it's everything... You just mount the turntable an the dropweight system, and the rest is a complete package.

6. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Erwin,

Do you double pull each string? I find that double pulling each string really produces long lasting :D result.

7. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Yeah, that's insane price for badminton clamps. No wonder Stringway doesn't put it on their website :rolleyes: :D :p.

I used the fixed tennis clamps to secure the last cross string and it worked. You can imagine how the main strings were pulled way out of position.

The ML120 doesn't fit the tabletop version. Why not just get a stand from an office or industrial supply store? Check out: http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23 and do a search. There are a couple of guys there who used offfice carts to secure their crank and drop weight machines. Oh, here it it: http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=125010

#7 Pete LSD, Apr 1, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2007
  8. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Erwin, can you ask Stringway if they sell just the tensioner unit, rod, weight and weight scale?

9. Erwin

Erwin Regular Member

Sure can, I will ask them as soon as I get a reply to the e-mail I sent them about the eagnas/arfaian redirection :)

10. orfel

orfel Regular Member

Accounting Related
    hi. i asked peter from stringway about the badminton fixed clamps and he said it's 37.00 euros each.

11. Erwin

Erwin Regular Member

fixed clamps? the T98 ones for 37 euro's? I'd order them directly if it was only 37 euro's. I think maybe the clamp alone is 37 euros, but without the glidebars and the base...

I got a reply from Stringway, saying that it unfortunately isn't a april's fool.... Sipro.nl, is quitting stringway, BUT, his assosiate will go on with it. So hopefully stringway isn't history :)

12. orfel

orfel Regular Member

Accounting Related
    yup. the price is only for the clamp alone (one).

13. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Only EURO 37 for one fixed badminton clamp only. :) I can live with that. What's Peter's e-mail address?

What about the tensioner, rod, weight and weight scale?

14. chickenpoodle

chickenpoodle Regular Member

the american counterpart, laserfibre site is still working...

this is wierd.
    the english link on the stringway site leads to eagnas while the rest leads to pros pro!

15. orfel

orfel Regular Member

Accounting Related
    stringway site is : www.stringway-nl.com, then choose language of choice.