Life Line of BG 80?

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by V_forever, Apr 1, 2007.

1. V_forever

V_forever Regular Member

Student
    Hey guys I am just about to buy a new racquet, gonna be either stringed with BG 80 or Ashaway MicroPower (depending on how this thread turns out). Since I am planning to string mine either at 23 or 24 ibs, i want one that can last pretty decently because iam buying online and a expensive racquet. So ne1 that can tell me how long their Bg 80 lasted and also fyi i am more of a smash offensive player, i play about 2-3 times a week and one of the times i play for about 5 hrs.

Thx so much

2. azn_123

azn_123 Regular Member

Student
    MAybe try a BG65 or BG70PRO instead?? All I know these two strings have better durability.

3. V_forever

V_forever Regular Member

Student
    Yeah true, but if i were to get durablity based, i mind as well get ngb 95 or ashaway microlegend xl and such, just want more balanced such as grip control. I dont mind if it breaks every few months but I have never went to stores to restrain yet cause my current racquet, crappy 80$ from sportmart one lasted me 2 years and like i said, i usually plays 6-8 hrs a week from my last one year

4. azn_123

azn_123 Regular Member

Student
    I currently use BG85 and I find it an excellent string compared to my previous string=BG65. BG80 should last you longer than BG85 and it will hold tension better than a BG85.:D I don't know about the ashaway strings yet. Why don't you check out dinkalot's string review?

5. V_forever

V_forever Regular Member

Student
    Alright thx azn, and o lol i have i been checking like every possible reviews it just that i been hearing things just when i about to decide to buy bg 80 i c ppl saying that it last like 2 weeks and like 20 hrs of playing and i cant afford it to be broken that fast lols

6. azn_123

azn_123 Regular Member

Student
    LOL breaking strings is our hobbies?? Jk I can't comment anymore g2g read a book.byebye:D

7. sifuyono

sifuyono Regular Member

Follow me on Twitter: @sifuyono
    depends on how hard u hit, string tension and technique
    crazy hard hitter + poor technique + high tension = less than 10 hour, or even less than 10 minutes:cool:

8. V_forever

V_forever Regular Member

Student
    lol true that, but i am guessing that when you buy yonex racquets like the isometric ones and such they are stringed with 65?